BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (h) - 6/2/23

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I didn't go last night, was there any sort of discontent at the shambles that was the January transfer window?

I mentioned it to Brum colleague of mine and even he was calling for 'You're not fit to run the club' chants.

The Venkys are not. We should be chanting this but it won't do much sadly

I’ve been going on for well over 40 years, it is getting harder and harder to look forward to a match and my attendance is now out of a self imposed duty. I really  fear that if someone so emotionally attached to the club as me stops, then who will go and so I will continue, as I can’t contemplate a world without Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 5

Dross off the pitch/behind the scenes

Dross on the pitch.

Or perhaps it should be:-

Mediocrity/lack of ambition behind the scenes

Mediocrity/lack of ambition on the pitch

If Rovers made rock, mediocrity or lack of ambition would run through it.

And we all know the root cause…

It’s the hope that kills you…

As Einstein said, the definition of madness….

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neilbristol said:

The Venkys are not. We should be chanting this but it won't do much sadly

The atmosphere was bad last night even by the usual dead Ewood standards and the football did nothing to help on that front, it really is the most depressing place in the country to watch football and has been for 10+ years, we only make any noise when we want to do a bit of booing. 

Venkys really have killed this great club. 

• Like 4

5000 Wrexham fans have just lifted the roof off at Bramall Lane equalising against Sheff United.

Our time will come again, we just need rid of these bastards from Pune and then the healing can start.

• Like 4

Don't want to see BBD becoming the scapegoat now for some hes had these spells before he just needs a goal. He's going through a spell they all go through but hes got into scoring positions several times in this period hes just pulled the trigger wrong.

No point getting on his back quicker now because he's leaving we've known that all along it's up to the management to make big calls now. Seems their answer is to turn out enmass tonight at the U23s to see what we already know about a few of those on display.

Harry Leonard will be the next included in the 'it's a young side' excuse book.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

By the way, there ws a lot of discussion prior to the game that Vale perhaps at least offered good movement, @JoeH was very strong on that. His movement was absolutely dreadful again and often broke down moves.

The complimentary words I've seen for Vale have been regarding his touch, and he had a good moment or two with the ball yesterday too. His problem is he's just invisible, never seems to be where he needs to be and is soft in the challenge. Doesn't read the game well at this level at least and is lacking confidence for mine.

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

By the way, there ws a lot of discussion prior to the game that Vale perhaps at least offered good movement, @JoeH was very strong on that. His movement was absolutely dreadful again and often broke down moves.

I thought Vale had a good game and was definitely better than Gallagher. Whenever we actually got the ball to him in the final third he did well with it. A player who deserves the opportunity to play with Thomas who will actually get the ball into him. 

Did you think Gallagher offered more or less?

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I thought Vale had a good game and was definitely better than Gallagher. Whenever we actually got the ball to him in the final third he did well with it. A player who deserves the opportunity to play with Thomas who will actually get the ball into him. 

You thought he had a "good game?" He was practically invisible, I think I read that he had 12 touches and I certainly don't remember him doing well with the ball whenever he had it. The Wigan defence had it easy.

You mentioned his movement specifically, it is not good. More than once, he clogged up all of the space that prevented Thomas from running into it. He does not deserve the opportunity to play with him, he actually hindered Thomas more than once.

Gallagher did nothing when he came on either, I don't doubt his limitations but he has proven at least some use, Vale never has.

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You thought he had a "good game?" He was practically invisible, I think I read that he had 12 touches and I certainly don't remember him doing well with the ball whenever he had it. The Wigan defence had it easy.

You mentioned his movement specifically, it is not good. More than once, he clogged up all of the space that prevented Thomas from running into it. He does not deserve the opportunity to play with him, he actually hindered Thomas more than once.

Gallagher did nothing when he came on either, I don't doubt his limitations but he has proven at least some use, Vale never has.

Good job nobody came for you about your views on JRC eh 

Although it was all seemingly 🙂

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

I’m always interested to hear your view on players and stuff but saying Vale had a good game is absolutely crazy. He was invisible throughout and once again struggled to get involved bar one moment where he laid it off to Thomas which was the first time I’d seen him hold the ball up successfully full stop.

Gally wasn’t much better when he came on granted but Vale was still really poor, he needs a loan to league one or two next season. Criminal we didn’t bring a striker in, in Jan, it really is. 

• Like 5

Yeah, Vale did not have a good game against Wigan.

He was mostly anonymous, easily muscled off the ball and got some basic passes/moves wrong.

He did produce one good piece of play, taking a hard pass on the chest, controlling and laying off nicely for the advancing Rovers player down the right.

But I don't think it'd be accurate at all to suggest he played well - you'd like to think that he'd be the first person to admit that himself.