BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (h) - 6/2/23

4 minutes ago, booth said:

He also looked a long way away from a man who couldn't care less about winning - as others have said on this thread.

He clearly does care and throwing his bosses under the bus was something a Venky Rovers manager hasn't dared to do since Lambert, and was much appreciated.

My respect for him gone up massively. I can understand in a lot of the interviews he's got to say the right thing, stay positive and support the younger players, etc But it was evident from the interview tonight that he's inwardly fuming with the January transfer window we've had and who can blame him. Not bringing in another striker is just absolutely baffling.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

We'll be reduced to giving Leonard a go just to try something.

We should do.

We play Morton every week and he's only a year older.

We have no such qualms with throwing in Garrett in the biggest away derby, and he's the same age.

And find a freebie somewhere. Jo Inge Berget may be able to do a job, and at least show some spirit.

• Like 2

Absolutely appalling. A lot of the flak has rightly gone upstairs after the last week but that was not acceptable, on the back of so many woeful performances. Tomasson deserves so much stick for another no show, no game plan, no tempo, no passion, nothing to cling on to. If this is a Jon Dahl Tomasson team, we are going one way.

Why does he keep playing Vale, he is appalling, offers nothing. Imagine defending the choice to let Brereton run his contract down. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Did enough to beat them comfortably. Most did ‘ok’, the standouts were Sorba, Trav and JRC. Vale (non-entity) Brereton (might not get a club at this rate) and Gally (Stump) absolutely dog shit…we’re just waiting for them to turn up again before we can win a game.

JDT musr be going out of his mind!

We did enough to beat them comfortably? Most did ok? What game was you watching?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson deserves so much stick for another no show, no game plan, no tempo, no passion, nothing to cling on to. If this is a Jon Dahl Tomasson team, we are going one way.

We score our chances we win, again. This isn't new, it's a hangover from last season. It's an underfunded squad. When the season kicked off what did you expect? When we didn't strengthen in January, what did you expect?

Why does he keep playing Vale, he is appalling, offers nothing.

Who else does he play? He asked for a better striker, didn't get one.

Imagine defending the choice to let Brereton run his contract down. 

Not his choice.

Genuinely interested in your answers given you give reasonable responses usually, and I'm seeing some nonsensical hysteria on social media echoing your statements which just don't compute.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, booth said:

We score our chances we win, again. This isn't new, it's a hangover from last season. It's an underfunded squad. When the season kicked off what did you expect? When we didn't strengthen in January, what did you expect?

Who else does he play? He asked for a better striker, didn't get one.

Not his choice.

Genuinely interested in your answers given you give reasonable responses usually, and I'm seeing some nonsensical hysteria on social media echoing your statements which just don't compute.

The Brereton comment is a criticism of our terrible owners.

Anyone but Vale. Dolan for one. Brereton central, even bloody Gallagher. Even Leonard. No doubting that he has limited options, Vale is the worst of them. He would struggle in League 2.

But even with all that, there is no excuse for such a performance, one of many in recent weeks. We are not improving.

• Like 3

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Come on, he could easily start BBD there like Chile do, try something different.  He's let that game go to make a point?  

BBD has been poor for several games now. He was awful today and either is distracted by his newborn or he's daydreaming about Spain.

Another option, play Gallagher - shit.

The only other option is Dolan, who is also hit and miss and too short to bang in crosses into.

They are all shit options, why do people keep thinking they'll get any better?

• Like 4

There are a lot of players with flaws and the whole club is dysfunctional. No doubt about it. But these players after a good start are playing far more dysfunctionally than they were last season. Tomasson deserves lots of criticism for how we have been playing especially tonight and there is no excuse for playing Vale.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The Brereton comment is a criticism of our terrible owners.

Anyone but Vale. Dolan for one. Brereton central, even bloody Gallagher. Even Leonard. No doubting that he has limited options, Vale is the worst of them. He would struggle in League 2.

But even with all that, there is no excuse for such a performance, one of many in recent weeks. We are not improving.

Course there is an excuse. Now that Brereton is daydreaming about pastures new, we don't have any goalscorers. This was always going to happen. Some of us told you this last January.

None of those players will do what you want, which is score goals.

You're the manager, what do you do? You either play shit player A, shit player B.

Gallagher - shit.
Vale - shit.
Dolan - Mr inconsistent, too small to be a target man. He'd be my reluctant pick as he does chip in with the goals.

Brereton - shit. Yes he was absolutely dog shit, and has been for a number of games now. Even if we could sell him no one would want him.

Play Leonard - I'd be up for that, he can't be any worse. I think he's scored something like 6 goals in 10 matches in the under 21s. Will that translate to Championship football? We shouldn't be relying on a 19 year old newcomer for goals but that's where Swagg, Gregg and co have left us.

That squad won't improve. You can't improve players that are clearly hopeless. You can't improve a squad with our useless bunch behind the scenes. I can't blame the manager for the state of the squad and the abject dross he's been left to work with.

We score our chances tonight and we win. It was the same against Boro and Bristol.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There are a lot of players with flaws and the whole club is dysfunctional. No doubt about it. But these players after a good start are playing far more dysfunctionally than they were last season. Tomasson deserves lots of criticism for how we have been playing especially tonight and there is no excuse for playing Vale.

The start of last season, and the second half of last season were absolutely appalling, mirroring the managers attitude.

Let's not forget he gave Gallagher a new contract whilst deciding we didn't play with strikers. Hence the situation we're in now of struggling to score goals.

Edited by booth

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Just my view, but a lot of people saying that we played terribly today. I don't think we did really, controlled the game largely, created a lot of opportunities. I thought it was a pretty watchable game for the first sixty minutes or so. A lot more direct than we have been playing. Quite a few players had good games - Travis, Thomas, JRC, Dack, Carter. It seemed a better all round performance than what we were managing in December anyway - albeit against the team rock bottom.

But... looking across the next half of the season I just can't see where the goals are coming from. If BBD is going to coast in we are truly fooked. We have to find a decent out of contract striker from somewhere. If we don't we maybe have 20 goals in this team for the rest of the season. We'll be reduced to giving Leonard a go just to try something.

This is my take too. 

I said that Brereton's early miss was a big one, and it proved to be. Set pieces were awful too. I can't see many goals coming from those either.

Rovers never looked like they were going to lose the game. 

As a side Wigan brought in 6 players during the January window. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Our decision making at times is atrocious. I actually laughed when we had a free kick in a decent position in the second half, sent the centre halves up, loaded the box then contrived to knock it back to Pickering some thirty yards who unsettled a couple of pigeons nesting high up in the Blackburn End with an awful shot. What goes through players minds to do something so stupid.

That was when I flipped the coffee table. Absolutely raging. I don’t understand it.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

All the ingredients were there. Night match, Sky TV, struggling side coming to Ewood, Wigan who always seem to raise their game and performance levels when playing Rovers.

So to be totally honest there's an element of relief that we didn't fall behind and lose it.

Disappointing but not surprising. They were well up for it and were quicker in attack, we were once again too slow, ponderous and round the houses in our approach.

I thought there were 3-4 decent performances by recent standards. CBs did a solid job, I increasingly like Carter who doesn't do much wrong. Travis had a decent game with some good forward play especially in the first half. Thomas a good debut and nice to actually have a winger to get the ball to and deliveries in. Pears continued his solid run of appearances.

The Club gave up on any aims of promotion in January so a point keeps us ticking over on the road to nowhere., so we might as well accept it and take the point. Good news for those who run the club with zero ambition.

At no point in the last twelve years has this club had any aim of promotion out of this division.

• Like 4

We are consistently inconsistent, and too many players have lulls of form, and they all take it in turns. To win in this league, we need everyone to play well, not 5/11 players.

The Lulls: 
BBD was brilliant, now show shit

Hedges, best player in the team for a while, now looks like he can’t run. We need to get him back.

Travis terrible for a while, now playing well. JRC woeful, now putting in 7/10s. Missed a great chance tonight. 

Pickering is always poor for me, he’s just not athletic enough for this league, decent touch on him, and reads it well.
Kaminski goes from best keeper in the league to a series of mistakes.

I feel like the two midfielders, it’s been decided that only one of them can play decently at a time, while the other one is awful(Like tonight). 

I could go on.

I have completely had enough of this BBD left wing nonsense. Get him in the middle cause Vale and Gallagher just can’t do it. Get Hedges and Thomas in the wings. Travis and O’Brien in midfield……

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rock steady said:

JDT post match

Transfer window reflection towards the end.

A very disgruntled man there, giving that interview. He mentioned Watford signing 8 players and Wigan 6 as well as us signing 1 and 2 leaving. He also had a dig at the O’Brien signing, pointing out that he is a midfielder and we need strikers.

He won’t be here next season, I’m sure of that and must have now realized he is working with a bunch of amateurs.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Far worse than losing 0-7 at home?

I will whisper this, but that drubbing, was from the team, who won the league at a canter,

With the way we look at the minute, be afraid, be very afraid. I am dreading that game now and hope like hell, either their form takes a dramatic turn for the worst, or ours improves, even more dramatically 

7 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Just my view, but a lot of people saying that we played terribly today. I don't think we did really, controlled the game largely, created a lot of opportunities. I thought it was a pretty watchable game for the first sixty minutes or so. A lot more direct than we have been playing. Quite a few players had good games - Travis, Thomas, JRC, Dack, Carter. It seemed a better all round performance than what we were managing in December anyway - albeit against the team rock bottom.

But... looking across the next half of the season I just can't see where the goals are coming from. If BBD is going to coast in we are truly fooked. We have to find a decent out of contract striker from somewhere. If we don't we maybe have 20 goals in this team for the rest of the season. We'll be reduced to giving Leonard a go just to try something.

Finally someone who has removed their emotion.

If BBD or Gally were in anything better than diabolical form we’d have beaten Wigan by 3 or 4 playing the same way tonight.

Goals change games and we / the manager are getting badly let down by the forwards at the minute. Which is the reason JDT is fuming with GB etc.

• Like 8

I know the manager is getting flak here and I understand it…but honestly the players he was left with in the summer are absolutely dross. Mowbray never had a squad as bad as this, including the year we went down.

It’s an absolute miracle that we’re safe from relegation. 

• Like 9