BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (h) - 6/2/23

13 minutes ago, neophox said:

I would say both Travis and JRC could be our scumbags...

Think you are having a laugh!

IMO, both as soft as sh1te - likes of Souey, Batty, Keane, Andy Todd, Mokoena, Dioufy etc would have eaten them alive and them spat them out.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Absolutely dire. Too many performances like that to suggest they are deviating in any way from the manager’s instructions. Slow, ponderous, predictable.

Positives - Thomas, JRC, Travis, Pears.

Negatives - Diaz absolutely pitiful. Ruined most good attacks and gave away silly free kicks. Vale is anonymous and Gallagher wasn’t much better sadly - we are dying for a striker. Subbing off Dack was absolutely nonsensical and seemed to ire the fans, Morton and Szmodics both had no impact. Killed the game that sub. Wouldn’t have minded seeing Dolan.

The fans in the ground seemed restless and bored. This was a poor performance versus an absolutely garbage side who will be a league below us next year. 

Yes--why no Dolan? At the very least he brings some energy and positivity. Game was crying out for someone like him.

• Like 6

JDT I'm sure can't just 'walk' at the end of the season, he has a contract. It's definitely not ideal though. We don't want an unhappy manager. Broughton will be very aware that the heat has been turned up now. Looking at Brereton-Diaz tonight it's madness we've not sold him. I can't imagine we'll have much money to spend in the summer and we are desperate for a striker. It needs to be sorted. The situation with JdT will become untenable if its not.

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Who would come if Tomasson walked? Thats not the problem.... they are bigger problems that JDT at the moment higher up..

It’s a massive problem. It’ll be Judan Ali or someone even less qualified.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

This was FAR worse than anything Mowbray put out ….and , believe me…I was no fan of Mowbray ..

as it stands..we have a manager who is finding this job far too big for him..

Any manager would!

As for Mowbray, are you forgetting those matches we barely registered a shot on goal. It’s partly that bastards fault we have such a poor bunch.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

There is no point in playing BBD for the rest of the season. His head is obviously elsewhere so we may as well play with a team without him, it will be good practice for when he isn’t here which on tonight’s effort it would appear he’s already gone. 

Even with his head elsewhere he’s still miles better than Vale andGally

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think you are having a laugh!

IMO, both as soft as sh1te - likes of Souey, Batty, Keane, Andy Todd, Mokoena, Dioufy etc would have eaten them alive and them spat them out.

Don't mistake McLean for a hard man because he's got sleeve tattoos. He couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag - anyone can put a foot in late, which is all he did all match. 

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

As for Mowbray, are you forgetting those matches we barely registered a shot on goal. It’s partly that bastards fault we have such a poor bunch.

How many shots did we have tonight?

I honestly have some sympathy for those who think the football is worse this season than under Mowbray

Tomasson might want new players but isn't the job of a coach sometimes to improve what you've got?

We seem to be getting worse, not better 

• Like 4

Just now, yankfan said:

Even with his head elsewhere he’s still miles better than Vale andGally

He was bad tonight.

Tonight we’ve witnessed three of the most inept forward performances in a rovers shirt.

I would have been delighted to see Gallagher leave. Mowbray gave him a new contract. 

• Like 1

I'm not much of a fan of Tomasson to date but I must admit but I respect the interview he just gave. Feels like it should the real side of himself and not the grinning Mr nice guy act we have seen previously. He reiterated he is not in charge of transfers so he is highlighting (rightly so) he is not the one in charge of the fuck ups last week. 

He highlighted the service into the box tonight and made it clear it was due to a lack of sharpness in the box that we didn't score and not because we didn't create enough.  

Highlighting what other clubs have done and compared it to our transfer window. He really hasn't been back for all his own shortcomings which isn't fair on him. He should have had O Brien and a decent striker in Undav or similar. As a manager it must be very frustrating to work with such incompetence.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

It’s a massive problem. It’ll be Judan Ali or someone even less qualified.

If it’s ever Judan Ali, you’ll catch me outside the JW Stand executive entrance/club reception with a guillotine for use on the board.

• Like 2

Just now, Ianrally said:

For all the angst on here it wasn’t reciprocated in the Blackburn End from what I could see. No banners against the board as we constantly saw at Goodison. 

And therein lies the problem. Waggott and his chums will think there's nothing wrong 

Just checked, he signed a 3 year contract and I can’t imagine he is earning pittance.

Would be a big call to walk. That said, he’s a winner, he has standards. He has said it plenty of times, the club and those responsible for transfers ballsed up. 

Guess we will see how principled he is. Doubt he needs the cash.

I just find it all very sad. Very very sad. After all the excitement at the start of the season we are once again a mess.

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

How many shots did we have tonight?

I honestly have some sympathy for those who think the football is worse this season than under Mowbray

Tomasson might want new players but isn't the job of a coach sometimes to improve what you've got?

We seem to be getting worse, not better 

9 shots but you’d expect that to be improved without passengers upfront and in midfield. 

You simply can’t improve the likes of Gallagher, Vale and Brereton is clearly not switched on as he was last season, or even last year.

He’s a manager not a magician.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Don't mistake McLean for a hard man because he's got sleeve tattoos. He couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag - anyone can put a foot in late, which is all he did all match. 

I didn't.

@neophoxreferred to him as a 'scumbag' - my view, we need one or two of those in our team.  IMO, we are a bunch of mard  boys with little passion or aggression.  Travis, FFS, he'd get seen off at Pleasington on a Sunday morning.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Good grief man, how can you possibly feel sorry for JDT ?

He's admitted he's not interested in the top 6 , he didn't want to win the game tonight, it puts him

under more pressure , he'd rather just saunter around for the rest of the season and if asked about poor form he'll

just mention the project being a long term thing.

For the last bloody time, he's not left Champions League football and titles in Sweden to come here and languish in mid table. He's clearly absolutely furious that we didn't bring in a striker in January.

He's absolutely bang on the money that this isn't a promotion winning side - far too many passengers. 

I'd be shocked if he doesn't walk in the summer for the first half decent job that becomes available. 

• Like 3