BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

3 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

The club have released a statement to update their stakeholders on the appeal. 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/february/20/club-update---transfer-deadline-day/

Funnily enough first sentence reads …..

Blackburn Rovers can provide the following update to supporters regarding its ongoing attempts to find a positive resolution to its January transfer activity when two registration applications were rejected following the closure of the transfer window. 

I think this issue of stakeholder is a simple one.

if you have an emotional stake in the Club or any organization you are a stakeholder. Your perception as a stakeholder can influence the reputation of the club or organization positively or negatively.

Yes it is corporate speak, but it sums up why organizations care about stakeholders as much as shareholders.

Hope this is remotely helpful. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying the hearing is scheduled for the 28th.Also saying Forest are waiting to see what happens with it before considering offers from the MLS for him 

Would the 28th be 14 days after the request for arbitration and, according to the regulations, the last date for it to be held in accordance with the EFL rules? 🤔😉

7 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Blackburn Rovers can provide the following update to supporters regarding its ongoing attempts to find a positive resolution to its January transfer activity when two registration applications were rejected following the closure of the transfer window. 

if you have an emotional stake in the Club or any organization you are a stakeholder. Your perception as a stakeholder can influence the reputation of the club or organization positively or negatively.

Yes it is corporate speak, but it sums up why organizations care about stakeholders as much as shareholders.

It is corporate speak - probably from the US - which is another reason why it needs to be resisted. The Plain English Campaign has been fighting this sort of nonsense gobbledygook, jargon and misleading information. for years, for good reason

I travelled by train last week - I'm not a "passenger" now, I'm a "customer" apparently.  

Likewise, "supporters" or "fans" are perfectly good descriptions for us ordinary folk who follow the club. We don't need to be given a "modern" label invented by corporate types to make us feel more "inclusive" or important.

Anyway, good to see that Rovers have belatedly issued a statement on the EFL. I'm sure supporters will be pleased that there is still life in this sorry transfer tale yet

2 hours ago, RoverDom said:

The only way I can make it work is if the buy option  was so vaguely worded like "in the event rovers exit the division" but that's just so unfeasible even for us 

It's a completely unnatural way of wording it. I can't believe that many people would structure the sentence in that way, especially somebody who's job it is to be clear with these things. Even if we go down the narrative that Sylvester isn't particularly competent I still can't imagine him doing this. 

Again we are basing our assumptions purely on Nicko, which has to be taken with a pinch of salt, but if what he is saying is accurate I simply cannot see Rovers not winning. 

The only thing I can see the EFL case resting upon is that they can query what they like and in their opinion they left adequate time for us to make the ammendment. Which is quite laughable. As has been mentioned many times,  the fact nobody has ever won an appeal previously says to me that the EFL need to be checked and accountable. Their systems can't be infallible. If we win I'm not sure what I'll be happier about, us having O'brien or seeing the EFL knocked off their perch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I travelled by train last week - I'm not a "passenger" now, I'm a "customer" apparently. 

You were both (unless you got a free ride!). It's not difficult Jim, most things in the English language have more than one word that can be used to describe them. You'll spend most of your life having pointless arguments if you take umbrage at it. Or should that be if you're irritated by it. Or annoyed by it. Or....

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

It is corporate speak - probably from the US - which is another reason why it needs to be resisted. The Plain English Campaign has been fighting this sort of nonsense gobbledygook, jargon and misleading information. for years, for good reason

Likewise, "supporters" or "fans" are perfectly good descriptions for us ordinary folk who follow the club. We don't need to be given a "modern" label invented by corporate types to make us feel more "inclusive" or important.

Anyway, good to see that Rovers have belatedly issued a statement on the EFL. I'm sure supporters will be pleased that there is still life in this sorry transfer tale yet

Out of curiosity, I ventured on to the Plain English Campaign website.

Oddly enough, the word 'stakeholder' was not included in the list of words for which they offer a 'plain English' alternative.

Perhaps you should highlight their ommission, and to tell them that they're also wrong? I'm sure that they'll be as enthralled as we all are with your point of view.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

This club doesn't give a fuck about stakeholders, supporters, fans, whatever you call them.

Since it's getting nowhere. So i decided to dream abit positively – what if our appeal is successful by 1 March.

1 March
- officially on loan with us.

By 15 March (misses Sheff Utd and Stoke's games)
- lacking match fitness, learning how we play during first team training, probably playing some U21 games during this period.

By 30 March
– Somewhat fitter, on bench for both Reading and Burnley's games.

1 April onwards
– Fully match fit and ready. He will have 8 full league games and also a few playoff games if we made it into Top 6.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Since it's getting nowhere. So i decided to dream abit positively – what if our appeal is successful by 1 March.

1 March

- lacking match fitness, learning how we play during first team training, probably playing some U21 games during this period.

By 30 March

1 April onwards
– Fully match fit and ready. He will have 8 full league games and also a few playoff games if we made it into Top 6.

I think they would probably get him on a bench a little before then, but he will need a period to get fit and sharp. Hopefully he is looking after himself, but I think I read someone say he hasn't played (maybe it was started) a first team game since Halloween!

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I think they would probably get him on a bench a little before then, but he will need a period to get fit and sharp. Hopefully he is looking after himself, but I think I read someone say he hasn't played (maybe it was started) a first team game since Halloween!

That could apply to a few Rovers players.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

1 March

By 30 March

1 April onwards

That's a bloody expensive loan for 8 games.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

1 March

By 30 March
– Somewhat fitter, on bench for both Reading and Burnley's games, comes on for the last ten minutes of the derby before clashing with Barnes.

1 April onwards
– Scans indicate serious injury and out for the foreseeable months, sent back to Nottingham.

fixed

20 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

This thread shows the influence @chaddyrovers has on brfcs. One word has triggered the strangest of tangents. 

(Not a dig at you Chadster. I've found it all quite amusing)

I'm amazed that Jim was making it such a big issue out of it when it's a  such basic and logical thing. If you are Supporter of Rovers then you are stakeholder in the club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BRFC_Polky said:

They aren't half dragging it out. I appreciate it's our appeal that has lengthened the saga (or their unnecessary requests for additional documentation), but that's another week away, meaning he misses 2 more games. If we win, there's all sorts of questions raised - do we pay pro-rata wages/fees, is anything compensated by EFL? I'd assume not but there's no precedent for it either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I'm not convinced by the bit at the end. I don't think it being an independent panel will kill the chances of other clubs appealing. They'll just appeal until they reach an independent panel themselves. I assume he is talking more in reference to them dragging up old cases...again they could seek independent arbitration though, and a precedent will have been set. It also implies, if the EFL have never accepted an appeal, and then one goes independent and wins, that the EFL's processes are not fit for purpose and likely self serving. The panel would be saying they go about things wrongly.

• Like 1