BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

15 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Still waiting for Gregg to come out and tell us exactly what happened like he said he would.

I got a bit excited when I saw that this thread had new posts thinking that GB had just maybe kept to his word and provided the promised full detailed explanation.

Silly, silly me.

That lot will make do with the minimal announcement of it being turned down at arbitration.

Nothing really changes.

A not a single swear word, that shower are not worth the emotion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I got a bit excited when I saw that this thread had new posts thinking that GB had just maybe kept to his word and provided the promised full detailed explanation.

Silly, silly me.

That lot will make do with the minimal announcement of it being turned down at arbitration.

Nothing really changes.

Sadly GB can't do anything.

Any change will happen at the end of year review meeting with Venky. Silvesters close relationship with the Devil and knowing where all of the skeletons are means he's pretty much untouchable. 

So in reality what are we expecting to happen? 

24 minutes ago, phili said:

Sadly GB can't do anything.

Any change will happen at the end of year review meeting with Venky. Silvesters close relationship with the Devil and knowing where all of the skeletons are means he's pretty much untouchable. 

So in reality what are we expecting to happen? 

Spot on. The 4 key holders to that cupboard are and will remain in situ. They know too much.

I had expected GB to be forced to front a PR attempt post arbitration, even though I now consider GB one of the few without guilt.

Those above him may well have tried to 'arrange' that and may still or as cowards do let it die under the carpet.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Well if many did feel strongly enough about this debacle and with the Fans Forum due next Monday the 13th, they might be inclined to lobby the fans forum members, which I understand there may be one or two who might have a peek on here now and again, to perhaps raise this above all other relative trivial matters next week? Not permitting them to waffle on about pies and player postcards in the club shop.

Edited by Boz
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Boz said:

Well if many did feel strongly enough about this debacle and with the Fans Forum due next Monday the 13th, they might be inclined to lobby the fans forum members, which I understand there may be one or two who might have a peek on here now and again, to perhaps raise this above all other relative trivial matters next week? Not permitting them to waffle on about pies and player postcards in the club shop.

Surely the club can fulfill a promise to fans without having to be asked?

I'm being sarcastic btw.

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Surely the club can fulfill a promise to fans without having to be asked?

I'm being sarcastic btw.

I think it would be a good idea, if at the fans forum, the clubs representatives were to be reminded of what was promised. And to get the question and answer minuted.

Edited by rigger

Just now, rigger said:

I think it would be a good idea, if at the fans forum, the clubs representatives were to be reminded of what was promised. And to get the question minuted.

I do agree that they, sadly, need reminding. The shame being that the club can't be trusted to without such a reminder 

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Silly, silly me.

Nothing really changes.

I don't know. When you called Waggot a cunt, that was pretty apt.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, Boz said:

Fair enough if you don’t like the fans forum, but I’ve said time and again if anyone wants anything to be raised, to contact me directly and I’ll raise it for you.

No need to be rude.

So here we have it…the efl foooked us. How can they require a clause regarding the prospect of relegation to league 2 on a three year contract that’s only triggered with promotion?  1 year in prem, 1 in championship, 1 in league 1…bunt my math it would be impossible to be in league 2 within the length of said contract!  This clause inserted by efl then causes delays and the deal is squashed. 

criminal! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

So here we have it…the efl foooked us. How can they require a clause regarding the prospect of relegation to league 2 on a three year contract that’s only triggered with promotion?  1 year in prem, 1 in championship, 1 in league 1…bunt my math it would be impossible to be in league 2 within the length of said contract!  This clause inserted by efl then causes delays and the deal is squashed. 

criminal! 

Poor on the EFL's part, I agree, but if you follow the timeline it was sorted an hour before the deadline IIRC. It had nothing to do with us not submitting LOB's contract on time. 

We fooked ourselves. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So does 100% of the blame go on the EFL in your mind, 0% to Rovers?

why did the EFL asked for what happens if we are in league 2 in 3 years when we could never get there? is that Rovers fault which is what we were discussing?

Rovers admin team are at fault for some things like getting the contract over in time or not having Silvester and his team at Brockhall or why O'Brien/Broughton didn't go Ewood and make sure everyone who need to be together was, 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why did the EFL asked for what happens if we are in league 2 in 3 years when we could never get there? is that Rovers fault which is what we were discussing?

Rovers admin team are at fault for some things like getting the contract over in time or not having Silvester and his team at Brockhall or why O'Brien/Broughton didn't go Ewood and make sure everyone who need to be together was, 

Whether what the EFL requests is seen as stupid or not, it is necessary and we didn't do it in time.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Whether what the EFL requests is seen as stupid or not, it is necessary and we didn't do it in time.

I’d assume rectify the efl concern required contracts to be redrafted, representatives to be signed off, probably the other club to sign off as the agreement was a loan to purchase. On top of the premier clubs get 2 additional hours, we get 15 min. Rovers should have been on duty until the agreement was approved, but you could understand how they wouldn’t be anticipating having to respond to such a unwarranted request 

On 18/03/2023 at 15:20, roversfan99 said:

However, it wasn't a standard request that could have reasonably been anticipated, so I refuse to blame the club for it. If it was a routine and mandatory part of deals, we would be fully to blame for not having catered to it in time. But I'm sorry, we're not to blame for the league's illogical nitpicking. By that logic, they could then ask us any number of further irrelevant questions (what happens if Rovers are relegated under a half moon in a leap year? What happens if Rovers transfer the club to the French leagues? Does he get a payrise if Rovers qualify for the Champions League? etc etc) taking us past any deadline no matter what we do, and that would still be our fault.

We are, of course, 100% responsible for not having the right people in the right places at the right times though. The club are not blameless in this, but neither are the EFL or Forest. At least Rovers are the only party of the three admitting some culpability. The mistakes made by Rovers absolutely cannot happen again, nor similar ones. Lessons must be learnt. I'd think a head should roll somewhere too, but I'm not familiar enough with the internal processes and the days events to say whose head it should be.

41 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

What did Forest do wrong?

Absolutely nothing. Subsequent events have shown as most of us suspected we had absolutely zero grounds for an appeal and and the entire process was a complete sham.

And predictably Broughton hasn't come out and explained exactly what went wrong as promised either.

• Like 3