BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

IMO, Waggott himself has to go  - full stop.  I do not think Waggott has moved Rovers forward one iota as CEO and showed his true colours with the Brockhall shenanigans.  You had a meeting with him and ever since you seem to have been blinded by his bullsh1t.

Wrong there Mercer. Blinded by none of it, but in this situation our company secretary is surely at fault and we should be replacing him ASAP for me. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Forest wont be suing us - just how the feck do you know?  They have 'lost' a minimum of £500k (employment costs over loan period)  to a potential of £20MILLION (transfer fee and wages) should Rovers get promoted.  Frankly, I would be staggered if they don't seek redress.

Cos Contracts weren't finalised and signed off by the EFL so no legal case here. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Take a coffee or two this morning!!!

???

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong there Mercer. Blinded by none of it, but in this situation our company secretary is surely at fault and we should be replacing him ASAP for me. 

Cos Contracts weren't finalised and signed off by the EFL so no legal case here. 

???

So you want the job as club secretary ?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

???

The loan agreement (a contract) was finalised, the agreed timeline in the judgment confirms it was fully executed.

As I’ve just said above, whether our failings constitute a breach of this contract will depend on the wording of any ‘subject to’ clause in either the agreement or the regulations.

(As far as I’m aware) none of us has seen this so none of us can be certain as to whether or not there’s basis for a claim ( loan losses only) 

Edited by wilsdenrover

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Doubt Forest could be assed suing us tbh, they’ll probs just move on.

Lewis O’Brien is the biggest loser in this whole saga. 

I think you’re right - they might have a good winge for a while longer though…

Hopefully it doesn’t set back his career.

Edited by wilsdenrover

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

???

Think you miss the point on Waggott.  IMO, he adds no value and as such the club is not progressing as it needs to and he should be removed.

If only law was so simple!!!  We will see.

??? - wake up and smell the coffee!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers themselves own defence was that they struggled  to complete in time because senior figures were at Birmingham. Was the secretary at Birmingham? If not, who was who led to part of the delay? 

The secretary was partly at fault, but had Waggot managed the situation fully as he should have done it would have all been avoided. Instead he didn’t want to miss out on troughing a corporate free lunch.

Also, what is the delay between 21:48 and 22:52 where nothing happens. That’s key as that puts us to the last minutes.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, rigger said:

So you want the job as club secretary ?

nope, no interested in any job in football. 

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

Think you miss the point on Waggott.  IMO, he adds no value and as such the club is not progressing as it needs to and he should be removed.

If only law was so simple!!!  We will see.

??? - wake up and smell the coffee!!!

No we won't see. Its clear, no contract is formal or binding until the transfer is approval by the EFL. 

Mercer, as per usual you can't wait to have a go at Rovers at every opportunity. Looks like you were wrong about JDT doesn't it? 

7 hours ago, Hasta said:

Rovers themselves own defence was that they struggled  to complete in time because senior figures were at Birmingham. Was the secretary at Birmingham? If not, who was who led to part of the delay? 

The secretary was partly at fault, but had Waggot managed the situation fully as he should have done it would have all been avoided. Instead he didn’t want to miss out on troughing a corporate free lunch.

Also, what is the delay between 21:48 and 22:52 where nothing happens. That’s key as that puts us to the last minutes.

The club secretary is surely more at fault than partly? He should know what paperwork needs doing with the EFL to get the transfer authorise and approval 

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The club secretary is surely more at fault than partly? He should know what paperwork needs doing with the EFL to get the transfer authorise and approval 

Why was there a delay for an hour before he started sending the paperwork through at 10.52?

Why was part of Rovers defence that SW (or other staff) was at Birmingham?

Dress it up as you want, but it’s Waggot should have been on top of one of Rover,s biggest deals in their history and not over 100 miles away eating freebies.

So yes, Is only at fault partly as fault surely Also lies  elsewhere.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

nope, no interested in any job in football. 

No we won't see. Its clear, no contract is formal or binding until the transfer is approval by the EFL

Mercer, as per usual you can't wait to have a go at Rovers at every opportunity. Looks like you were wrong about JDT doesn't it? 

Can I ask how you know this:

Is it that you’ve seen the ‘subject to EFL approval’ clause in the loan agreement?

Or is it that you’ve seen an EFL regulation along the lines of ‘all contracts are non binding until approved by the EFL’?

Edited by wilsdenrover

51 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Why was there a delay for an hour before he started sending the paperwork through at 10.52?

Dress it up as you want, but it’s Waggot should have been on top of one of Rover,s biggest deals in their history and not over 100 miles away eating freebies.

I agree that Waggott should have been at Brockhall that night. Not at Birmingham. 

on your first question is a excellent question. 

Given that our company secretary has many years of experience in that role he should know everything that needed done with paperwork side of it, But Waggott should have been there aswell making sure it got done. I don't think GB is at fault for any of this as this is admin problem which isn't his area

30 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Can I ask how you know this?

basic common sense. 

EFL has to approval every transfer so until that happens no deal is done. 

54 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Alright alright, let's just calm down a bit.

This club has had the likes of Shearer, Cole and Tugay wearing it's famous colours. A 6 month loan signing from Forest while we're in division two is not by any stretch of the imagination one of the biggest deals in our history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree that Waggott should have been at Brockhall that night. Not at Birmingham. 

on your first question is a excellent question. 

Given that our company secretary has many years of experience in that role he should know everything that needed done with paperwork side of it, But Waggott should have been there aswell making sure it got done. I don't think GB is at fault for any of this as this is admin problem which isn't his area

basic common sense. 

EFL has to approval every transfer so until that happens no deal is done. 

I’m sorry but it isn’t ‘basic common sense’

i don’t know if you saw my edit to the post you replied to but I’ve put the two options it can be.

If if isn’t one of these, you’re just speculating - just like the rest of us

34 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

This club has had the likes of Shearer, Cole and Tugay wearing it's famous colours. A 6 month loan signing from Forest while we're in division two is not by any stretch of the imagination one of the biggest deals in our history.

Financially it is, which I think was the point. 

• Like 1

There was an agreement by all parties to go to arbitration. 

We don't know the terms of the arbitration agreement but it is usual for the arbitrator not to accept the job without an a priori agreement for the decision to be binding and all parties to hold each other harmless outside of the arbitration decision. 

So there should be no legal afters beyond the decision on costs. 

Steve Cooper's rant is

- reflective of him messing O'brien about

- and if he genuinely heard nothing from Rovers means the powers that be at Forest don't trust him and kept him in the dark.

I very much doubt a non-playing player who cannot make a 25 man squad in a relegation threatened club will be worth £10m in the summer.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, philipl said:

And Forest not releasing the lad from training on the morning of transfer deadline day.

Forest deserve the dead loss they are suffering just for that.

Yes. As much as the criminal levels of ineptitude at Rovers were to blame for this, not letting the lad get on his way up to Brockhall as early as possible will have played a huge part. 

Anything about the lad from Rochdale come out of all of this?

On 04/03/2023 at 17:33, philipl said:

In the published agreed time line, the player didn't countersign the loan agreement until 23.15.

If we are going to be legalistic, that is when the contract came into being which is when Rovers would have had the legal right to register him.

It feels very unjust that the EFL apparently bent their rules to allow Sheffield United registration of Ahmedhodzic when they were aware the stage payment to Liverpool had been missed and the same money in effect used to gazump Rovers, then successfully used 13 minutes as a reason not to register O'brien.

That said, I am still perplexed why a Company Secretary as experienced as Ian Silvester allowed us to get into this situation. 

What's the story with Ahmedhodzic? 

12 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Well context is everything. If we lose Travis to injury say and miss out on the play-offs by 1 point then it is a very big deal indeed. Potentially we miss out on £165M which I believe is the financial value of promotion to the Premier League.