BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 28/02/23 (FA Cup 5th Round)

Apart from sheff United at home or Grimsby at home this is the best we could get, we will deffo put up a better fight than toothless spurs! 

also this means the dingles have to come here midweek.. only bad thing is it’s April and they have a chance that it could be a game that sends them up or wraps the title up but going off their performance against a shite fleetwood with 10 men they ain’t nothing to fear, the only reason they smashed us before was when we was awful playing the bad football jdt had ditched thankfully… even Preston dicked us a month later and they are crap same with Rotherham. Also I hope the club favours as much home advantage as poss and gives the dingles not a ticket more than we got over there and sticks them in the upper out the way plus the police will appreciate that as it would be much easier to police. 

back to sheff United this is the best chance of Wembley since Appleton dished up an absolute shambles against millwall 10 years ago, missing out to Liverpool, villa and Chelsea over the years too 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Teams wise it's the 2nd best draw we could've got, not ideal being away but nothing to be too disheartened about. Be good to get revenge for 1993 as well.

That hurt.  Surrounded as I was by home supporters. If we had won don’t think I would have got out unscathed. 

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He didn't have one. He grudgingly said 'well done Blackburn' as all his studio pundit chums laughed at him. 

Smug wankers. 

It’s all down to the fact that he thought that Uncle Jack wanting him was s joke and turned us down on that basis. What a cock he must have thought afterwards. He’s been bitter ever since. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 3rdpillar said:

That hurt.  Surrounded as I was by home supporters. If we had won don’t think I would have got out unscathed. 

I was in their section at Ewood for the 0-0 after someone got me a ticket outside from a tout. Didn't realise the Nuttal St Enclosure was for visiting fans that day !!!

Biggest set of scumbags iv'e ever had the displeasure of being surrounded by all pissed all fat middle aged geezers and spent all game trying to get into the home sections or scrap with coppers and each other.

To top it off the BBE end pelted them with coins at the end.

Iv'e detested these lot ever since.

12 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

On a down note, I don't watch the junior sides and I presume he shone for them because he wouldn't have got a professional contract but what do the Ewood hierarchy see in Jack Vale to make them think he will make a decent first team centre forward? 

I've seen him a few times now and he offers so little. Last night was poor even by his standards. 

He was prolific for the U21s, pretty much scoring most games he played. He also grabbed some goals for the Welsh U21s, albeit, I believe, mostly against weaker sides.

However, he didn’t score much on his loan spells to Rochdale or FC Halifax, in non-league, with injuries playing a part.

Clearly, he’s playing because he’s seen as a centre forward, unlike say, Markanday, who has shown more but is now out on loan. It’s clear he’s struggling and having not sent him on loan, I think he really needs U21 games to try and regain some confidence - and show he’s worth persevering with.

That bench vs. Leicester makes me quite sure promotion is unlikely, though should we get into the play offs, the unexpected can happen. Not to mention that we don’t have a reliable midfield pairing, with all struggling to implement the tactics - though Travis hopefully has recovered from his poor form.

9 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I don't have good memories at Bramhall Lane, in fact I don't think I've seen up win there.that includes the pasting this season, the season wrecking loss last season a a cup defeat jn the 90s.

The bad news is that I'll be going though 😕  

With you and Jim Mk2 set to travel, Wembley here we come 😊

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Not a cat in hells chance we are selling nearly 6k tickets at 30 quid a pop and an obscure kick off time with live tv

We'll sell all or most of the 6000 tickets.

The result on Sat will have a bearing on how quickly they sell, but they'll sell...

Watched the game back on iPlayer. Wow, what a performance. 

What I particularly like about it was it proved me wrong on quite a lot of things (not for the first time)

- I thought Pears was finished after Wigan FA cup game last year. I thought if Kaminski got injured we were sunk. Another excellent performance by Pears and probably ahead of Kaminski now

-I thought Hyam was struggling to pass out effectively from the back. He (as well as Carter and the whole back four) were ice personified stroking the ball around the Leceister front three. Lifting it over their heads or playing it a few inches ahead of them. And then finding the longer pass to break forward. 

-I thought Szmodic and Dolan were too similar players to play together. They complimented each other to perfection, combining down the left, and scoring an excellent goal each. Actually they way they play - with Szmodics going in behind and Dolan cutting across is very complimentary.

- I thought Travis was struggling with the new more direct way we play and was going to be frozen out of the side. Now he's probably the first name on the team sheet with a four superb performances in the row where he's not only back to his pressing and tackling best but also very creative in a way we haven't seen before.

- I thought the tactics we were using meant we got few in the box and on the end of crosses. Things have changed hugely since early January. Everytime we go forward we get three or four into the box.

To a lesser extent that the above I also thought Morton had a very good game up until the last 20 mins or so. Good tackles and blocks, and while nothing revolutionary with his passing he kept it moving quite well. We should get off his back a bit I think. 

The performance was so good it has actually turned me from dreading to beginning to look forward to the Burnley game...

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

An interesting point, that front 4 and Morton were all 'dropped' to the 23's against Huddersfield's U23's werent they? Seems to have given them the kick up the backside that was intended.