BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 28/02/23 (FA Cup 5th Round)

2 hours ago, Gav said:

On here doesn't count as we all know...

But I'm interested you claim people aren't with the manager at Ewood, I've never heard anyone calling for his head or jumping of his bandwagon, home or away?

People have been critical of his tippy tappy playing out from the back, but thats about it.

There is person who says he doesn't like JDT cos he is far too arrogant and he also think Mowbray should still be here and he is the best thing since slice bread

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david brent said:

Took my 10 year old lad last night who, bar the league 1 promotion, has had very little to be proud about Rovers in his lifetime…… that changed last night! 
So refreshing to have a manager who cares about the FA Cup. 
Just watched it back on BBC, and equally refreshing to have an accomplished commentator in Guy Mowbray who had actually done his homework on Rovers. Both him & Leon Osman clearly really enjoyed how we played.

Also surprised to see the negative comments re Morton on here. He put a hell of a shift in. Admittedly he loses the ball too often, but he did a lot of the dirty work last night. 

If you don't know already you have an imposter in the Dingle thread.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, den said:

A video made by a young Leicester fan. 

Shame you can’t hear too much of what he’s saying but there’s there’s a lot of good pitch side coverage of the game and the fans. Well worth watching.

Leicester fans have been very complimentary about us, decent fans 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Leicester fans have been very complimentary about us, decent fans 

I thought their keeper had a good game. Looking back at the highlights he was well out of his goals for the Hedges miss making him have to shoot high. Maybe he got lucky having been further forward than normal, he’d just been well out of his goals passing the ball. He was out quickly to block Dolan’s shot when it was still 0-0.

Dolan was excellent last night by the way and playing as a winger rather than as a striker where he is not suited. Running at the full back rather than failing to provide a presence in the box. 

With Brereton to come back surely the obvious solution is to put him in the middle where he can score more goals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

There is person who says he doesn't like JDT cos he is far too arrogant and he also think Mowbray should still be here and he is the best thing since slice bread

Brian Kenny, that guy has a shrine to Mowbray in his house. Proper strange guy 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dolan was excellent last night by the way and playing as a winger rather than as a striker where he is not suited. Running at the full back rather than failing to provide a presence in the box. 

With Brereton to come back surely the obvious solution is to put him in the middle where he can score more goals.

I certainly wouldn’t be moving Dolan from off the left wing. He can either fight it out with Gally for the No 9 role or play on the right wing.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
6 hours ago, Reginald said:

It was a great night, but let's not get carried away 😃 I wonder how many of those that are now grudgingly on the JDT train after a few good performances will be jumping off again as soon as we inevitably lose a few?

It would be nice if fans generally could accept that this is actually a project, through which we are gradually improving, and just be happy about it. But I suspect many will be too fickle for that.

I wonder why we are baiting for a reaction when we’ve just had one of our best performances in years? Pretty unnecessary.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

For me at the moment we have the correct system for the available players. As the  system seems to be successful, I would only change personnel like for like, and not tinker with the system.

20 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I wonder why we are baiting for a reaction when we’ve just had one of our best performances in years? Pretty unnecessary.

Very odd alright. If you are a fan of JDT that's shouldn't change after a few bad performances. Equally if you are not a fan it shouldn't change your opinion after a few good ones.

I have been harsh on him at times but have to say he has done a decent job in fairness. I also think he was very naive at times. Suppose can judge him after another season or 2.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Very odd alright. If you are a fan of JDT that's shouldn't change after a few bad performances. Equally if you are not a fan it shouldn't change your opinion after a few good ones.

I have been harsh on him at times but have to say he has done a decent job in fairness. I also think he was very naive at times. Suppose can judge him after another season or 2.

No way will JDT be here two seasons from now. He is here to put himself in the shop window for a top job, and we shouldn't be surprised if at some point his head is turned. As long as he brings a renewed optimism around the Rovers I'm happy. It has been far too long since it became easier to accept we were history. The paradox is that the more successful we are (under JDT) the faster he will be gone.

Let's enjoy the ride whilst it lasts. Acid tests coming up 😉

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought their keeper had a good game. Looking back at the highlights he was well out of his goals for the Hedges miss making him have to shoot high. Maybe he got lucky having been further forward than normal, he’d just been well out of his goals passing the ball. He was out quickly to block Dolan’s shot when it was still 0-0.

Yeh he did well, would have been more for sure if he wasn't on his game. However the Dolan goal, he was positioned far too close to his near post, which made it much easier for Dolan. He didn't have to aim right in the corner to beat him, it was relatively central.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

No way will JDT be here two seasons from now. He is here to put himself in the shop window for a top job, and we shouldn't be surprised if at some point his head is turned. As long as he brings a renewed optimism around the Rovers I'm happy. It has been far too long since it became easier to accept we were history. The paradox is that the more successful we are (under JDT) the faster he will be gone.

Let's enjoy the ride whilst it lasts. Acid tests coming up 😉

Hmmmm maybe, I can't see him getting a bigger job in England. The likes of a Feyenoord or a big Turkish team or something but time will tell. There certainly is a lack of elite managers currently which can lead to average managers getting great opportunities ala Nathan Jones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

For me at the moment we have the correct system for the available players. As the  system seems to be successful, I would only change personnel like for like, and not tinker with the system.

Yep, Brereton-Diaz has lost his job for now on merit. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh he did well, would have been more for sure if he wasn't on his game. However the Dolan goal, he was positioned far too close to his near post, which made it much easier for Dolan. He didn't have to aim right in the corner to beat him, it was relatively central.

He wasn’t anticipating the defender making such a balls of it so soon.

2 hours ago, booth said:

If you don't know already you have an imposter in the Dingle thread.

Genuinely didn’t know that! I seldom come on here these days and just seen it now! I’ve been posting on here for 20 years; I’m going to have to change my profile name if possible!

• Like 2