BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

• Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Very patriarchal of you, Mike 😀

I honestly know loads of couples that go to games. 

At least we even out 😂

Probably a hangover from teenage 'lads days out' kind of thing 😕 not very woke of me at all and I thought I was reasonably good in that regard.

10 hours ago, LDRover said:

Been a little while since I have been to an away game but I was delighted to see so many Asian lads at the game yesterday decked out in the colours and as passionate (and gutted at the end) as anyone.

It’s the only way we’re going to increase attendances in any meaningful way. We need to make these new fans properly welcome. That probably means dealing with our “ knob head “ element.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Bit of an odd expectation, as I don't know anyone who takes their wife/gf to the football. Why expect it of asian lads in particular?

I only took my first wife once. The FA Cup tie v City when there was 42,000 on. She didn’t like the crush on the Blackburn End. Not surprising really. 

My second wife grew up living in Liverpool and was regular Everton fan. I turned her on to Rugby League and now she’s Rugby League daft and won’t watch football at all.

• Backroom
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I only took my first wife once. The FA Cup tie v City when there was 42,000 on. She didn’t like the crush on the Blackburn End. Not surprising really. 

My second wife grew up living in Liverpool and was regular Everton fan. I turned her on to Rugby League and now she’s Rugby League daft and won’t watch football at all.

Says a lot about Everton, eh?

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Bit of an odd expectation, as I don't know anyone who takes their wife/gf to the football. Why expect it of asian lads in particular?

Do you think so? Plenty of women attend our matches, surely some of them are married.

More and more Asians are following Rovers but virtually none of them are women. I was merely expressing the hope that that changes with time and whole families are mad about us. What's wrong with that?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Actually tell a lie, I know a Bolton fan who takes his missus!

I'm not saying couples don't go, but it's hardly an expectation surely?

I've only ever gone with mates or my dad because no gf of mine has ever been interested. I'd argue my wife being a Burnley fan means she's no interest in actual football either.

Who's turning it into an expectation? I was expressing a hope!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

!969---freezing cold? I took my the fiancé to that game. The swaying on the Riverside terrace that night was frightening.

She stood against the barrier and I stood behind her with both arms on the barrier, stiff as ramrods to protect her. Rather gallant I thought!

Anyhow it worked!.

• Like 2

Going back decades Rovers were known for having a higher proportion of women at matches than most other clubs. I’m not sure of the reason but maybe we’ve always been a family club. We often went to games as a big group, mums, aunts, sisters, daughters, the lot. They know their football. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

I sometimes take my missus to the football in past seasons Mike. She enjoyed it and is a Rovers fan. Before she met me she wasn't interested in Football/Rovers. She is now. 

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

!969---freezing cold? I took my the fiancé to that game. The swaying on the Riverside terrace that night was frightening.

She stood against the barrier and I stood behind her with both arms on the barrier, stiff as ramrods to protect her. Rather gallant I thought!

Anyhow it worked!.

I know what you were up to. I bet it wasn’t just your arms that was stiff.
It was a pretty bad crush on the Blackburn End. Not really an enjoyable experience.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

My wife has no interest at all in football. She would probably come to Wembley for a big one of occasion but other than that has no interest. I've been going with my Dad and brother since we were at primary school. We are now in our mid forties and it's lovely that my 2 girls join us. My eldest is at Uni so hasn't been that often this season but my 15 year old daughter loves going. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, arbitro said:

Brilliant from the Rovers media team accompanied by an appropriate song.

What a great and special video produced there. 

Full of passion and pride. 

It's Imperative we keep JDT here at Rovers long term. He will lead us to very special things here. One of those being promotion to the PL. 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵 ️ 

Rovers till I die

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, 47er said:

Absolutely brilliant. Brought tears to my eyes, particularly when I saw a bloke with a rattle!

My dad was a joiner and made me my rattle. Painted it blue and white as well.

Could hardly lift the thing, never mind swing it around. It was huge.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The immediate reaction it got from me was a bucket load of verbals at my TV aimed at SG for messing up a decent chance.

Without VAR a pen would never have been awarded, Robinson would not have been booked. The incident would have passed unnoticed.

However VAR proved it was a handball and therefore a penalty, to the Refs annoyance as his subsequent behaviour showed. He was pathetic as are so so many of those look a like posturing pricks.

Fantastic article on refereeing in the Premiership.Great insights. Very long---I expect only Arbitro will read it!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/21/inside-world-premier-league-football-referees-pgmol-howard-webb-andre-marriner-darren-england

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, JC4LAB said:

If Middlesboro keep going like they do...we might just meet Sheff Utd again in the play off finals.. 

What might save SU is that they have 5 home games left out of 9, and they're against the likes of Cardiff, Preston, Brizzle and Wigan. Boro's home games are against Cov, Dingles, Norwich, Hull.

15 hours ago, 47er said:

if we keep JDT....what he's doing won't have gone unnoticed.

I agree. I think it's a big IF he's here next season. Speculation that he no longer speaks to GB after the Jan transfer window. I think one of them will leave before the start of next season (hopefully GB).