BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But it wouldn't have been given without VAR.

You know my overall view on VAR and my opinion won't be changing of one decision even it was in Rovers favour. Its far too inconsistent, massive time delay, no replays in Stadium or communication to fans inside a stadium. Surely those things need sorting quickly? 

You like VAR and think it's works. I don't. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Been a bit disappointed in brittain, has shown he can be a very good player but against Leicester and yesterday he has came on and looked very nervy 

He was skipping past opposition full backs  at the start of the season.

The ball fell to him on the RW yesterday & and he looked lost….I fully understand now why JDT hasn’t thrown him in…he needs more minutes.

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Hiring coaches with no toilets on in the year 2023 won't have helped Peegate.

We were on a double decker bus, not really what we paid for although it was cheap! We ended up getting off said bus before it left Sheffield on the way home, went out round Sheffield and got a train home, much more enjoyable. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

Got to say that despite the obvious disappointment, Blackburn Rovers football club are well and truly back on the map.

My phone hasn't stopped today with people wanting to discuss the game, great attacking football, how unlucky we were, tremendous support, promotion, play offs, JDT and Sam Szmodics!

We are no longer "Just that club run by chicken farmers" We are back on the map!

I totally agree there Gav. 

This set of players and JDT have shown Rovers are on the up now and how well we done this season with JDT in charge

4 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

This might be a minor thing but I’ve noticed how many players have apologised on social media. 

The reason I noticed is they’re saying sorry when, imo, there’s no need to do so - a few years ago we had players who didn’t apologise when they really really should have been doing so.

Its shows how much they care about this club and its fanbase. Good to see in my opinion 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You know my overall view on VAR and my opinion won't be changing of one decision even it was in Rovers favour. Its far too inconsistent, massive time delay, no replays in Stadium or communication to fans inside a stadium. Surely those things need sorting quickly? 

You like VAR and think it's works. I don't. 

I don't think I have ever said that I like it.

20 minutes ago, Gav said:

Got to say that despite the obvious disappointment, Blackburn Rovers football club are well and truly back on the map.

My phone hasn't stopped today with people wanting to discuss the game, great attacking football, how unlucky we were, tremendous support, promotion, play offs, JDT and Sam Szmodics!

We are no longer "Just that club run by chicken farmers" We are back on the map!

The next 9 - hopefully 12 matches will show whether we are back on the map. Even if we don't get promoted - the play offs would underline the progress this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He was skipping past opposition full backs  at the start of the season.

The ball fell to him on the RW yesterday & and he looked lost….I fully understand now why JDT hasn’t thrown him in…he needs more minutes.

I think skipping past wingers and getting crosses in is his strong point. Defensive duties are not though. A good attacking option off the bench, a bad defensive one.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

This might be a minor thing but I’ve noticed how many players have apologised on social media. 

The reason I noticed is they’re saying sorry when, imo, there’s no need to do so - a few years ago we had players who didn’t apologise when they really really should have been doing so.

Great point wilsden.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I am really warming to the cheeky chappy. He is coming into his stride and clearly on a roll at the moment. His enthusiasm is infectious. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-grievance-sheffield-united-26513576

He's becoming a bit of a legend if you ask me, it's hard to believe the criticism he was getting on here not long ago, someone even wishing a broken leg upon him, unbelievable from a so called fan. Ever since his performance at Boro away I've rated the guy, but now he's found more attacking confidence it's brilliant to see.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

The next 9 - hopefully 12 matches will show whether we are back on the map. Even if we don't get promoted - the play offs would underline the progress this season.

Agree with that.It does feel like the Club is finally going in the right direction.

But there is still work to do.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2023 at 16:39, Crozzy said:

Just got back and seen Robinson incident back. Wow how has he not seen red for that tackle on Hedges. Shocking 

It was a 100% red card, he will probably get one against City in the semis. There last two scores 7-0 and 6-0, halaand 8 goals glad its them and not us facing them.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 1

On 19/03/2023 at 18:56, SoldierMo said:

I will never forgive morton for that should have just took the lad out and then gone down bloody amount of goals he has cost usjoke

With respect to the 7th paragraph of the following report - the one beginning, "That was how it stayed until the hour ..." - it interests and intrigues me how a - presumably - neutral reporter sees things differently from those (of us😉) who invest: financially; emotionally; and every other conceivable way; in one of the combatants.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/19/sheffield-united-blackburn-fa-cup-quarter-final-match-report?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Edited by R0verb0y
Clarification.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

With respect to the 7th paragraph of the following report - the one beginning, "That was how it stayed until the hour ..." - it interests and intrigues me how a - presumably - neutral reporter sees things differently from those (of us😉) who invest: financially; emotionally; and every other conceivable way; in one of the combatants.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/19/sheffield-united-blackburn-fa-cup-quarter-final-match-report?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

His take on Morton is as accurate as his description of the Gallagher deflection.

1 hour ago, R0verb0y said:

He's a Liverpool player he wouldn't have got a mention otherwise.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yeah, that's how I'm rationalising the heartbreak too. Losing 10-9 to City on penalties would be awful!

As we walked out the ground disappointed we all said hope they draw city and get stuffed . 
The positive was we avoid a costly Wembley trip and enjoy the play off final trip more 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Still gutted that we got so close but missed out. However, also very proud and excited that our club is on the way back. For the first time, I genuinely think we'll be a prem club again in the not too distant future. 

if we keep JDT....what he's doing won't have gone unnoticed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

It was nothing but a pen, weather he meant it or not is irrelevant the ball is goal bound and it hits his arm which takes the ball away from threat of goal so it’s stonewall otherwise any player could do that every week and pretend it’s an accident 

Yet no Rovers player appealed for it......

• Like 1