BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

Just now, Groundhog said:

Yeah this loan business is getting out of hand - some Sheff Utd fan on 606 saying “it’s a disgrace that the our two loanees can’t play in the semi final and they should make an exception” even Sutton agreed with him. 

No one want to point out we couldn't play Sorba Thomas yesterday as he was cup-tied? One of our in-form players? 

Couldn't make the game yesterday and had to watch on TV - gutted as that away end looked class - the love in for the Sheff Utd and the two loanees was pretty hard to stomach, no mention of our Academy lads and the fact we got that far without loanees, thought it would have been worth making the opposing view. 

‘It’s a disgrace that we have to follow the rules’

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BRFC_Polky said:

The only slight dampener on the day was the behaviour of a few individuals on our coach. Relieving themselves into carrier bags which then leaked onto the people in the deck below - we were only an hour into the journey. Then when arriving at Brammall Lane throwing the bags of urine out of the windows down to the people below. It’s safe to say the journey back was a smelly one - cheers lads 👍🏻

this is the dregs of some support that follows Rovers. Drunken and drugged up fukwits who have no respect for others or themselves and who think this is acceptable behaviour. Its a sad reflection on some parts of society sadly, I always found that a good hard slap always worked (a la burnley away and yes it was a drugged up drunken yob who thought he knew better)!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think the point in RU is intent has nothing to do with it now. If you meet the criteria you get sent off. Its up to the tackler to make sure he does not meet any criteria no matter how unintentional. If the criteria is too harsh then the criteria need changing.

They've taken red cards out of the referees hands with the protocol to try and make it predictable and drive down head injuries.

The issue was the referee said there was no mitigation well there absolutely was mitigation, it was accidental and not intentional therefore it should have been a yellow card at best!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yeti-dog said:

I understand your point but why should the club be liable for neanderthal like behaviour of fans?

It feels like there's no personal accountability these days - pissing in carrier bags and throwing them downstairs tells you everything you need to know about these reprobates.  

NOT reprobates just utter scum

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

this is the dregs of some support that follows Rovers. Drunken and drugged up fukwits who have no respect for others or themselves and who think this is acceptable behaviour. Its a sad reflection on some parts of society sadly, I always found that a good hard slap always worked (a la burnley away and yes it was a drugged up drunken yob who thought he knew better)!

You gave someone "a good hard slap" at Burnley away?

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I was in a pub after the game which had a spattering of United fans in, its very much Wednesday territory in that area. The joviality turned to absolute despair when the Semi-Final draw came out, this woman lost the plot, almost started crying and swiftly left the pub with poor hubby trying to finish his pint,

"We might as well not chuffing bother" she screamed as she stormed out.

🤣

It really should speak volumes to the FA when fans of a club 2nd in the old second division are not looking forward to an F.A. cup semi final because they “know” they’ll get thrashed.

Do the F.A. care? Do they hell.

Edited by den
  • Like 3

Lots of debate over Morton, with a smattering of fans online saying he's just a young lad, everybody makes mistakes etc etc.

I am absolutely furious with him. He actually had an okay game and contributed towards our 2nd goal, but the theatrics were absolutely ridiculous. He had the ball and diving around under little-to-no contact cost us possession, gave them loads of space and it led to the goal. Then he had the nerve to (no doubt out of embarrassment) stay down for a good minute or so after the goal still clutching his face. I thought it was absolutely pathetic - I remember shouting at him immediately after to get back up and I stand by it. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Do these f*ckers just want to write their own rule book!?

Can't play against parent club, end of!

Let the loanees play, then chuck out Sheff Utd and make them forfeit any cash they are due, for breaking the rules,

• Like 2

There was some real moronic behaviour on show yesterday. We had a bag pisser on our coach too, though he waited til we were approaching Darwen on the way back. Kids, and I literally mean children, snorting coke along with the “responsible adults” they were attending with. And judging by the smell of him, one severely intoxicated bloke who was struggling to stand in front of us had shit himself at some point prior to kick off.

South Yorkshire police were also a disgrace - no surprise. What a good idea to basically encourage all home and away fans to converge on the same street immediately after full time. Plenty of officers then seemed very happy to antagonise an already powder-keg situation, and a few were loving throwing their weight around.

On the flip side though I thought it was fantastic seeing more diversity amongst our travelling support than I’ve ever known before. The recent work the club have been doing in this area deserves huge credit. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Perspective is 

lee made a great account for ourselves and deserved extra time atleast 

why is jdt being blamed ? Yeah it’s not the changes anybody would have thought of but on another day it would have worked and if it wasn’t for soft lad we wouldn’t have lost like that, but jdt deserves full credit! He’s got them playing nicely and is bringing the best out of a short and young squad and has given us a chance in both competitions after years of mowbray throwing them away embarrassing us against lower league local opposition too, even back in 2017 he couldn't be arsed against a half arsed dingle team when we could have caused them utter embarrassment.

Another positive is if we had gotten through it would mean another midweek game at the business end inbetween Luton and millwall and a mauling off city, yes we would get our day out but that’s all it would have been and the hope of atleast getting to see our team score atleast once at the new Wembley since is completion 16 years ago. 

all focus on the league now, get rested and ready for the final run in, let them dirty cheating cloggers have their day out getting embarrassed off city, they should worry about their potential points deduction and actually paying for players they outbid us to buy 

"Soft lad" 🤣 I fully endorse that.

Whether it was the subs or not, we lost and I think we need to accept and move on now. There's still a lot to play for, let's see what happens.

• Backroom
33 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Lots of debate over Morton, with a smattering of fans online saying he's just a young lad, everybody makes mistakes etc etc.

I am absolutely furious with him. He actually had an okay game and contributed towards our 2nd goal, but the theatrics were absolutely ridiculous. He had the ball and diving around under little-to-no contact cost us possession, gave them loads of space and it led to the goal. Then he had the nerve to (no doubt out of embarrassment) stay down for a good minute or so after the goal still clutching his face. I thought it was absolutely pathetic - I remember shouting at him immediately after to get back up and I stand by it. 

'Get the fuck up ye soft wee shite!'

My coach to me when I went down with a dislocated knee.

If I'd done what Morton did, he might have throttled me then and there!

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

did you get up??

I dragged myself off the pitch and my dad drove me to hospital 😂 Closest I've ever seen my dad get to thumping someone who hadn't hit him first.

39 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

On the flip side though I thought it was fantastic seeing more diversity amongst our travelling support than I’ve ever known before. The recent work the club have been doing in this area deserves huge credit. 

I commented this to the old man yesterday, was great to see. Not sure how long they'll last with some of our away support, although I would say every club has morons and where I was yesterday was on the whole very well behaved.

EDIT - should also add that I drove over so didn't have to put up with drunk people pissing on coaches.

Edited by Displaced Rover
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I dragged myself off the pitch and my dad drove me to hospital 😂 Closest I've ever seen my dad get to thumping someone who hadn't hit him first.

I broke my femur playing football at school. The sports teacher made we walk (Limp dragging my leg almost) home about 2 miles.

My late mother who was about 4'10" almost throttled him, the following day, as I lay in traction in Blackburn Royal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Lots of talk about Morton, I suspect especially as a loanee which for whatever reason people never take as kindly to his card is marked after his cowardice for the goal but also worth mentioning his excellent tackle leading to our 2nd.

excellent point made

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Would have been interesting to see had we won if @chaddyrovers would have changed his mind on VAR considering it went in our favour! But we will never know.

I'm still not in favour because of a number of reasons including the inconsistent of decisions made by VAR officials, massive time delay in the game and no communication to the fans inside the stadium. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

excellent point made

I'm still not in favour because of a number of reasons including the inconsistent of decisions made by VAR officials, massive time delay in the game and no communication to the fans inside the stadium. 

I bet you weren't saying that when we got awarded the penalty!

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

I broke my femur playing football at school. The sports teacher made we walk (Limp dragging my leg almost) home about 2 miles.

My late mother who was about 4'10" almost throttled him, the following day, as I lay in traction in Blackburn Royal.

Did she forget to take her ladder? 😁

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I bet you weren't saying that when we got awarded the penalty!

The penalty awarded was the correct decision but the ref made the decision not VAR overall. 

still not in favour of it as I have time after time to you. My opinion won't change on it unless these important issues are solve by Howard Webb and PL

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The penalty awarded was the correct decision but the ref made the decision not VAR overall. 

still not in favour of it as I have time after time to you. My opinion won't change on it unless these important issues are solve by Howard Webb and PL

But it wouldn't have been given without VAR.

• Like 4