BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Got to say that despite the obvious disappointment, Blackburn Rovers football club are well and truly back on the map.

My phone hasn't stopped today with people wanting to discuss the game, great attacking football, how unlucky we were, tremendous support, promotion, play offs, JDT and Sam Szmodics!

We are no longer "Just that club run by chicken farmers" We are back on the map!

Got that sad we lost but yet proud of us feeling and after seeing the draw, good luck to em.

33 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yet no Rovers player appealed for it......

I did, as soon as I saw it!

This feels like an important moment. The club looked in a very healthy, unified state in front of the whole country yesterday. I was very proud to see the texts from non Rovers mates.

The media team have utilised it very well indeed.

Can the powers that be capitalise on this potential reunification moment?

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

Great that the club's initiatives to build up our support are working. Let's extend it beyond Blackburn's boundaries like we used to. Up to Lancaster as I recall.

Back in the 1990s glory days we were pulling them in from the Fylde, north Lancashire up to Furness, and even parts of Yarkshire. If we can get only some of the back we'll be doing well. 

38 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yet no Rovers player appealed for it......

The immediate reaction it got from me was a bucket load of verbals at my TV aimed at SG for messing up a decent chance.

Without VAR a pen would never have been awarded, Robinson would not have been booked. The incident would have passed unnoticed.

However VAR proved it was a handball and therefore a penalty, to the Refs annoyance as his subsequent behaviour showed. He was pathetic as are so so many of those look a like posturing pricks.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Back in the 1990s glory days we were pulling them in from the Fylde, north Lancashire up to Furness, and even parts of Yarkshire. If we can get only some of the back we'll be doing well. 

We had a good and growing fanbase in Chorley with plenty casual types heading over as well.

Seems to have tailed off badly and been hoovered up by Bolton now.

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Been a little while since I have been to an away game but I was delighted to see so many Asian lads at the game yesterday decked out in the colours and as passionate (and gutted at the end) as anyone.

At the risk of being a bit controversial,  "Asian lads"  it was and great to see. Be better when they take their wives and girlfriends with them though. I expect that's s few generations away yet.

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I did, as soon as I saw it!

This feels like an important moment. The club looked in a very healthy, unified state in front of the whole country yesterday. I was very proud to see the texts from non Rovers mates.

The media team have utilised it very well indeed.

Can the powers that be capitalise on this potential reunification moment?

As did I. I even had a conciliatory WhatsApp call before I went to bed from my Burnleh-supporting old schoolmate in NZ!

But, come on, Lennie; how long have you followed BRFC? These aren't the days of John Williams, tha knows!😏

Edited by R0verb0y

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The immediate reaction it got from me was a bucket load of verbals at my TV aimed at SG for messing up a decent chance.

Without VAR a pen would never have been awarded, Robinson would not have been booked. The incident would have passed unnoticed.

However VAR proved it was a handball and therefore a penalty, to the Refs annoyance as his subsequent behaviour showed. He was pathetic as are so so many of those look a like posturing pricks.

In a way, it's a shame that the Mitrovič incident later on Sunday - rightly, I guess - drew attention away from our grievances.

Presumably, the clubs send in reports on the Officials' performances.

Presumably,  we can at least let the the FA - ?and PGMOL - know our feelings. (Viz. We wuz robbed!)

48 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

In a way, it's a shame that the Mitrovič incident later on Sunday - rightly, I guess - drew attention away from our grievances.

Presumably, the clubs send in reports on the Officials' performances.

Presumably,  we can at least let the the FA - ?and PGMOL - know our feelings. (Viz. We wuz robbed!)

I started watching the Fulham game just before it went ballistic only because I hoped to see Manure put into the septic tank at OT.

I really thought Mitrovic was going to drop the Ref who, in this match, didn't really have much choice with any of the red cards issued.

It made for great TV entertainment which was then dampened completely by the red scum winning.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

We had a good and growing fanbase in Chorley with plenty casual types heading over as well.

Seems to have tailed off badly and been hoovered up by Bolton now.

They’ve also had a crap decade, yet they are flooding back in. Such a massive failure of marketing and pricing at this club. (Still awaiting 1864 to inform us how Swag’s operation is ‘much improved’)

Nice video by the social media team, but the tag line they’ve taken from JDT ("This football club has a social impact for the people in our town”) rings hollow when they bang up prices year in year out and we continue to play to c18k empty seats.

Just imagine if they harness this goodwill, this momentum with an enticing ST offer (disclaimer: they won’t).

• Like 4

• Backroom
8 hours ago, 47er said:

At the risk of being a bit controversial,  "Asian lads"  it was and great to see. Be better when they take their wives and girlfriends with them though. I expect that's s few generations away yet.

Bit of an odd expectation, as I don't know anyone who takes their wife/gf to the football. Why expect it of asian lads in particular?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

And I bet you any money that Robinson then would have received a yellow for his tackle on Hedges 😂

• Like 2

• Backroom

Actually tell a lie, I know a Bolton fan who takes his missus!

I'm not saying couples don't go, but it's hardly an expectation surely?

I've only ever gone with mates or my dad because no gf of mine has ever been interested. I'd argue my wife being a Burnley fan means she's no interest in actual football either.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Actually tell a lie, I know a Bolton fan who takes his missus!

I'm not saying couples don't go, but it's hardly an expectation surely?

I've only ever gone with mates or my dad because no gf of mine has ever been interested. I'd argue my wife being a Burnley fan means she's no interest in actual football either.

Would a Burnley fan taking (aye up!) their sister count?