BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 15/3/23, 7:45pm

9 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Sometimes luck is as good as skill

i don’t care which one this was

To be fair think he set us up perfectly today. The tactics down the wings we brillaint, both sides constantly combining to get in behind the defence. Must be the most crosses we've done in a game in years? We got owned at Stoke, but today were excellent in everything except our finishing and some sloppy defending.

Gallagher was superb. And Szmodics, really love him as a player. He's got a bit of everything - a huge part of our recent run is how he can get in the channels (unlike Dack who drops off a bit centrally) and stretch defences. Him and Brereton and then Dolan just get in behind time after time.

• Like 4

One of those wins that makes you more angry than happy, how we weren’t on east street I will never know, but if composure up top and we could’ve had 4, 5 easy, as it was we got hit by the sucker punch and even at the end there we were hanging in with some very poor game management, get it in the corner, make the extra man count and keep the ball. 
didn’t think the tactics were right here, exactly the type of match Dolan is made for, much more than stoke, he should’ve started. 
I have been singing their praises but jrc and pears weren’t great, maybe they won’t hold their places , kaminski and brittain will be knocking on the managers door if so. 
Yes 3 points is all that matters I just wish I could’ve enjoyed it more 

• Like 2

Certainly not the best performance we have had but a fantastic 3pts all the same

You really feared the worst after that Reading goal. In previous times we'd have folded like origami right there but we showed a grit and determination to get that goal and see the game out

The red card is one of them. It was never a red card for Buckley against Boro, so things even themselves out. Think we'd have seen the game through anyway

Szmodics ran his legs off out there today...AGAIN. The critical analysts told us he was a waste of money...seemingly of course...but he's worth every single penny we spent on him

Carter looked accomplished again today. Love that boy actually - think he's my favourite of the academy lads coming through this year

Pickering, JRC, Hyam - quietly do a job. A good back four really. Think Pears had a bad game with his distribution, and want to see the goal back, but also made a good save from a header in the 2nd half so fairly pleased

Do believe we should have put that game to bed though. Our waste in front of goal nearly gave them a way back. It is such a predicament we are in. I actually think we look better collectively without Dack but you can't deny he'd have bagged them two chances that came to Brereton. Can you fit Dack, Szmodics, Gallagher, Brereton and Szmodics in the same team?

Fantastic three points though, and that gap between us and the pack is looking very comforting going into FA Cup weekend!!

• Like 1