BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

If Leonard is no better than Gallagher, Hirst, Vale etc then there really is no point in having him on our books.

Apart from the fact he's 19 with plenty of time to improve. Gallagher is 27 with no sign that he'll get any better.

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why mention any of Rooney, Owen or Rashford who are exceptional talented player in this convo? 

I think Leonard will be on the bench on Monday 

We played very well at Sheffield United and unlucky to lose to a great strike by Doyle. Nothing to downbeat about it. 

I don't think either performance was awful at all tbh. 

We are still top 6 and its still down to what we do.. That's the positive way to look at the current situation. 

Yes I know they were a big crowd there. Over 16k Rovers fans who was very good and support the team even tho they were some moments that fans got annoyed like the lack of movement in front of centre backs. Meaning the tempo dropped again. 

I was very downbeat after Sheffield United. We were 10 minutes from Wembley and we couldn't see it through.

Point being, even if you are perpetualy "positive." Surely you can at least slightly understand why people are concerned and fearful. Most of the same players were here when we fell away last season. We nearly got to Wembley and we let that slip away at the end. Now, we have been in the top 6 for most of the season and now have lost 2 on the bounce (with poor performances to boot) since the 2 week break. It is understandable why many are fearful that we will again throw away a good position as we approach the final hurdles.

If we win on Monday, the mood will change massively. But as it is, so close to the end of the season after 2 losses and with recent disappointment fresh in the mind, the fear and concern is understandable.

I know the support was good. I don't get why you needed to mention that people need to get behind the team, that is already happening.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why mention any of Rooney, Owen or Rashford who are exceptional talented player in this convo? 

I think Leonard will be on the bench on Monday  

You miss the point again Chaddy.

When Rooney, Owen and Rashford debuted at 2 to 4 years YOUNGER at football's highest level, no one knew they would prove to be such talented lads.

For feck's sake, Leonard is almost 20 and scores goals for fun.  You give him a chance and he might just set the Championship alight - unless he gets his chance we will never know.  The bench is no feckin good - do you honestly think he can do any worse than Gallagher, Vale or Hirst!?!?  It's as simple as that and an absolute no brainer.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I just don't understand how many people are so negative and lack of confidence about our playoffs hopes given the results we have this season and 2 good cup runs plus some of the football we played has been quality.

They will be loads of twists and turns yet people have already written JDT and the players already.

We need get behind the players and cheers them on and back the players and JDT

I agree with your first four words

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

If I had been in the dugout against Norwich (there behaviour for a good friday was disgusting) we would have won the game. When I heard the team sheet I said I dont fancy our chances, Thomas and Dolan on the bench we got murdered down the wings, and when they were brought on when it was to late Rovers sparked into action. Lets hope the manager sees sense against Huddersfield.

And that was one of my points yesterday i looked at the team sheet and thought this will be the same old stuff that didn't work last week.

5 mins in i 100% knew we were only going to end up going behind before long and it shouldn't be like that.  If we know what do we think the Norwich bench think ? They knew as well.

Be casual against a side like that and they'll punish you the reason we did them twice is because we got after them. Reason we did Sheff U and should've done them in the cup is because we got after them and didn't give them a mins peace.

Stuff like that first half yesterday is pathetic to be quite honest given what there is to play for but off course there's a raft of excuses and sorry for ze fans.  Yes we made chances later on and should have taken one but for the most part they cruised at 0-0 then 0-1.

That's the problem.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Preston did, and winning again moved them to within 2 points of us. 

Rovers to lose tomorrow and still be in the top 6 at the end of the day is 49/1

Didn't think PNE was even in the race to be honest

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I was very downbeat after Sheffield United. We were 10 minutes from Wembley and we couldn't see it through.

We lost it to great strike and JDT changing formation when not needed to back 5. I was positive and happy about how we played and the style we played. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Point being, even if you are perpetualy "positive." Surely you can at least slightly understand why people are concerned and fearful. Most of the same players were here when we fell away last season. We nearly got to Wembley and we let that slip away at the end. Now, we have been in the top 6 for most of the season and now have lost 2 on the bounce (with poor performances to boot) since the 2 week break. It is understandable why many are fearful that we will again throw away a good position as we approach the final hurdles. If we win on Monday, the mood will change massively. But as it is, so close to the end of the season after 2 losses and with recent disappointment fresh in the mind, the fear and concern is understandable.

come back to people mentality and attitude surely and not looking at the bigger picture first. Yes 2 losses in the last 2 games is far from ideal but it is still in our hands and we will bounce back on Monday I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

You miss the point again Chaddy.

When Rooney, Owen and Rashford debuted at 2 to 4 years YOUNGER at football's highest level, no one knew they would prove to be such talented lads.

No reason to bring them in this discussion. pointless

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

For feck's sake, Leonard is almost 20 and scores goals for fun.  You give him a chance and he might just set the Championship alight - unless he gets his chance we will never know.  The bench is no feckin good - do you honestly think he can do any worse than Gallagher, Vale or Hirst!?!?  It's as simple as that and an absolute no brainer.

I haven't seen enough of him to have and form an opinion on him

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't think PNE was even in the race to be honest

We lost it to great strike and JDT changing formation when not needed to back 5. I was positive and happy about how we played and the style we played. 

come back to people mentality and attitude surely and not looking at the bigger picture first. Yes 2 losses in the last 2 games is far from ideal but it is still in our hands and we will bounce back on Monday I'm sure. 

I can't fathom how you can be so emotionless firstly as to not be gutted when we lose an FA Cup quarter final that we led in going into the last 10 minutes, or even slightly worried off the back of 2 league losses that history will repeat itself and we will fall away. 

If we do win on Monday, people will be lifted.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I can't fathom how you can be so emotionless firstly as to not be gutted when we lose an FA Cup quarter final that we led in going into the last 10 minutes, or even slightly worried off the back of 2 league losses that history will repeat itself and we will fall away. 

If we do win on Monday, people will be lifted.

I was gutted about the FA quarter final result of course but I don't get too low or negative in any defeat or too high or over positive in any win. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Certainly not pointless bringing them into the discussion.

The points are he is 2 to 4 years OLDER than they were, he would be playing at a LOWER level and unless you give a striker a chance you will never know just what goals they have in their locker.

I've seen Leonard, Gallagher, Vale and Hirst and I've seen enough football over the decades to know that Leonard can only be an improvement on, IMO. three of the most useless strikers (Gallagher, Vale and Hirst) I've seen in blue and white and it really is a no brainer.  There is no risk and EVERYTHING to gain should he bag the goals to take us to the play-offs.  IMO, the only risk is persevering with Gallagher and getting nowhere.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Every big game we've played this season we have bottled.

Was going to say except sheff United in the cup, but the manager borrowed that in the last ten minutes and the rest is history. 

So yeah, bottle merchants

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Point being, even if you are perpetualy "positive." Surely you can at least slightly understand why people are concerned and fearful. Most of the same players were here when we fell away last season. We nearly got to Wembley and we let that slip away at the end. Now, we have been in the top 6 for most of the season and now have lost 2 on the bounce (with poor performances to boot) since the 2 week break. It is understandable why many are fearful that we will again throw away a good position as we approach the final hurdles.

If we win on Monday, the mood will change massively. But as it is, so close to the end of the season after 2 losses and with recent disappointment fresh in the mind, the fear and concern is understandable.

I know the support was good. I don't get why you needed to mention that people need to get behind the team, that is already happening.

I was certainly gutted at the end of the Sheffield game.

However, within a few hours I found myself thinking it was the best outcome-out with honour and a good vibe between team and fans, as opposed to an expensive trip to Wembley for (only) a semi final and a probable hammering from Man City.

Two games and an international break later, all the good feeling and optimism seems to have been erased by two poor performances. There were boos yesterday!

The thing is we all knew last August that we needed another striker and a midfield player and, of course, that was even more urgent in January.

It looks like another opportunity sabotaged- off the field.

The manager may even walk on account of that.

Our terrible goal difference means that any of the chasing pack only need to get level with Rovers to overtake us.

A poor performance at resurgent Huddersfield will confirm my own pessimism about a play off place.

The finger of blame will point at the club's administrators and probably the owners too, as this looks like a pattern of failing to back the team in a promotion challenge.

• Like 8

We're still in it and it's in our own hands. To finish in a play off spot would be amazing, tiny, young, inexperienced squad with no strikers.

Anyone would have taken this at the start of the season, best one for some time.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

And that was one of my points yesterday i looked at the team sheet and thought this will be the same old stuff that didn't work last week.

5 mins in i 100% knew we were only going to end up going behind before long and it shouldn't be like that.  If we know what do we think the Norwich bench think ? They knew as well.

Be casual against a side like that and they'll punish you the reason we did them twice is because we got after them. Reason we did Sheff U and should've done them in the cup is because we got after them and didn't give them a mins peace.

Stuff like that first half yesterday is pathetic to be quite honest given what there is to play for but off course there's a raft of excuses and sorry for ze fans.  Yes we made chances later on and should have taken one but for the most part they cruised at 0-0 then 0-1.

That's the problem.

It's far from over yet, were 1pt ahead of them with a game in hand. It's simple we need to get back on track and stay ahead of them. Let's hope JDT sees sense and plays Thomas and Dolan ( pacey down the wings) against Huddersfield.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was gutted about the FA quarter final result of course but I don't get too low or negative in any defeat or too high or over positive in any win. 

Contradiction in terms there.

'Gutted' is generally recognised as meaning, bitterly disappointed, devastated, shattered, utterly fed up.

For many, Easter Sunday is inspirational and signals a new start.  Happy Easter Chaddy and cheer up lad, it's only a game!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

It's far from over yet, were 1pt ahead of them with a game in hand. It's simple we need to get back on track and stay ahead of them. Let's hope JDT sees sense and plays Thomas and Dolan ( pacey down the wings) against Huddersfield.

Thomas is ineligible against Huddersfield.

Thanks, didn't realise he is injured.

I really don't think Brereton or Gallagher are going to provide the goals needed and I have no knowledge of our untried players.

One thing is for certain, if we keep trying the same thing we will get the same results, we must do something different and throwing more youngsters in isn't it, we need experience.

There are goals in this team but we need a number 9 who can challenge in tha air and put himself about a bit.

Anyone fit the bill in defence or midfield? The Whartons? Clutching at straws but we need results now.

When is Dack back?

(edit) Phillips?

Edited by JohnD