BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

There aren't too many of us predicting a win today so, in typical Rovers fashion a win is on the cards. Tomasson needs to get his team selection and tactics right from the start, we need much more intensity and speed in our passing. Huddersfield will be predictable, a typical Warnock team who play on the margins of the laws and don't take chances with over playing, the type of team we have struggled against this season.

• Like 1

Heart says Rovers, head says Huddersfield.

Have backed Huddersfield at 2/1 - would be delighted if my bet went down but at least there would be some consolation should Huddersfield win.

My team:

Kaminski

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering 

Travis Wharton Hedges

Szmodics 

Dolan Leonard 

No places for the useless / the mard / can't be arsed with IMO, Gallagher, Morton and Brereton falling into at least one of those categories.  You can just imagine Warnock ensuring his players try to psyche some of ours out of it 'tha wont be able to run round in Spain with a broken leg lad'.

If we are to go down then let's go down with all guns blazing - on the front foot from first whistle and give it a 'reet good do'.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Heart says Rovers, head says Huddersfield.

Have backed Huddersfield at 2/1 - would be delighted if my bet went down but at least there would be some consolation should Huddersfield win.

My team:

Kaminski

JRC Carter Hyam Pickering 

Travis Wharton Hedges

Szmodics 

Dolan Leonard 

No places for the useless / the mard / can't be arsed with IMO, Gallagher, Morton and Brereton falling into at least one of those categories.  You can just imagine Warnock ensuring his players try to psyche some of ours out of it 'tha wont be able to run round in Spain with a broken leg lad'.

If we are to go down then let's go down with all guns blazing - on the front foot from first whistle and give it a 'reet good do'.

I agree with a lot of that but without the two big lads ( Gally and BBD ) defending corners will be a lot harder. I’ve long since given up the idea of actually scoring from a corner- or a free kick for that matter.

I'd posted in the A.Wharton thread that I felt he needed to pull his weight to get back in the side. I like JDT's man management and I still stand by this, but I thought he was very in his 20 minute cameo against Norwich and has to start for me. Maybe he also needs this game time to get the bit between his teeth. 

Looking at our recent form, it's fallen off a cliff since Buckley injured his knee and Morton replaced him. It's not all down to him, but it's a situation which can't continue. He's not good enough, especially in a 2 man midfield. Either replace him or switch tactics to a midfield 3. Or both.

• Like 5

Huge game for us today. The wheels feel like they have fallen off. I'm fully expecting a loss. I'm hoping Rovers will go out there and prove me wrong with a battling performance and get our playoff push back on track.

Kaminski

Brittain - Carter - Hyam - Pickering

Travis - Wharton

Hedges - Szmodics - Diaz

Dolan / Leonard

Not wholesale changes but 4 players in to bring energy, with a point to prove. Hedges provides little width and always drifts inside, as does JRC. Brittain can offer a bit of wing play. Wharton is so much more talented than Morton and hopefully he wants to stick it to JDT. Dolan, as small as he is, the ball sticks to him if it's played into his feet. If JDT wants a fluid front line then Gally just isn't it. Then Kaminski to come in with the chance to win the gloves back and hopefully pull off some big saves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can’t recall a more ineffectual centre forward playing for us than Gally at the moment. Maybe Frank Lord, but even Frank was a threat in the air.

He's not playing well, but he was being spoken about in glowing terms a few games ago. 

Seems to me the whole team has hit the buffers. 

Gally isn't what we need if we are relying on the No9 to score goals, I grant you that. But the other 3 of the 4 forwards are hardly pulling up trees either. The front four is a big problem, not just Gally. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

Now I hate DIY. But I'm actually going to build a flat pack chest of drawers in preference to watching it. And I've got Sky.

It's just become that unbearable.

You must have built a 4 bedroom house by hand during Mowbray's reign.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Leonard and AW starting...or just a tease?!

image.png.5dcb7cc30aef0f50b5823488de3527d8.png

One or both could be a sub I guess.

I hope he starts both.

My stomach is churning already, as I am dreading a no show and a meek defeat. I hope we turn them over and add some much needed hope back in to the team and the fans.

COYB.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

There aren't too many of us predicting a win today so, in typical Rovers fashion a win is on the cards. Tomasson needs to get his team selection and tactics right from the start, we need much more intensity and speed in our passing. Huddersfield will be predictable, a typical Warnock team who play on the margins of the laws and don't take chances with over playing, the type of team we have struggled against this season.

Its cause and effect! If I predict a win I know we'll lose, so I'm predicting a pathetic loss!