BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

4 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Pretty sure I heard Pears shouting it was his ball when we gave that corner away 

A keeper never comes out for the ball without a loud shout. Seems like Carter to blame for that one. Although, if he hadn't heard the shout then he did good defending. We'll never know.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

And you'd have also raised a shit of a kid. Balls to the kid, balls to his parents. Tried being a smart arse and interfering with a professional game, going against the only thing he is even there (and paid) to do, and got what he deserved.

So it would be ok for a ball boy to push a player over if the player tried to snatch the ball or swore?

Edited by JohnD

3 minutes ago, bazza said:

A keeper never comes out for the ball without a loud shout. Seems like Carter to blame for that one. Although, if he hadn't heard the shout then he did good defending. We'll never know.

Im pretty sure I remember Carter turning around and kind of apologising. But then Hyam was in Pears ear at the corner I remember that saying something to him. 
But like I say I’m certain I heard Pears shout 

1 hour ago, bazza said:

I'm so proud of our team today. Regardless of the result every man played his heart out for the cause.  If Rovers play with that spirit in every game Ewood will be filling up.

Ref was good today, too. 

Happy birthday bazza, glad you enjoyed it

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Happy birthday bazza, glad you enjoyed it

Thanks, Broadsword. Heh! I'm 80 today. Hell, I don't feel it. I still feel like an energetic 72 year old.

Happy 70th to you, Sir  🍺 🍻

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, JohnD said:

So it would be ok for a ball boy to push a player over if the player tried to snatch the ball or swore?

Bollox to the ball boy, he deserved a slap, cheating little sod. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

To be fair the referee used common sense. He simply tapped his temple as if to say to Dolan 'think what you're doing'. I noticed today after about twenty minutes one of the Huddersfield staff taking towels out and giving them to the ball boys. Why after twenty minutes and not the start? My feeling is that if, as the home team you are using towels you have to offer the visitors the same use of them. This has to be agreed before the game. Having come across Warnock many times it's the kind of stroke he would pull along with all the other aspects of gamesmanship Huddersfield showed today.

sorry what did Dolan do exactly?

Some tosh delivered on here.

Diaz not trying? Rubbish. Ran all game. Maybe not effective enough but gave plenty right to the death.

Leonard should have scored there? Jeez, the lad looks to have great instincts and had a split second to toe poke it in. Gallagher and others wouldn’t even have been at the races. Leonard looks to have all the right instincts –young lad and time will tell.

The ref is an absolute joke. Blaming the ref -the last refuge of the weak. Good teams don’t go down by 2 soft goals and then start to whinge about the ref. And then have to spend the rest of the game tying to play catch up.

The clamour for Wharton. Well yes, he did some basics well but looked lethargic after 5 mins.

Morton is useless, Morton doesn’t try.  Well yes, he has been weak/ineffectual of late. But gives his all. Hit the post today and a great cross for the goal.

On another note. Says it all about your team when an average right back is your MOM and main attacking threat (and scores a goal that any top class striker would have been proud of).

More generally. First half, the bang average Rovers of nearly men who looked like the cheapskate team they are. Second half, the Rovers who play above their station but struggling with end product.

Positive = good reaction 2nd half. Flea in ears and the drive to come back for a draw.

Let’s be honest, Huddersfield are bang average but praise due with our second half effort.

Edited by aletheia
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Having seen the ball boy incident for the first time Dolan must surely face some sort of ban.

It was a clear push irrespective of what the lad did. I can imagine if he was your child you'd be a bit pissed off.

Everyone keeps saying ball boy as if its a young lad. He was right in front of me and appeared to be at least in his twenties. I bet he was older than Dolan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

Everyone keeps saying ball boy as if its a young lad. He was right in front of me and appeared to be at least in his twenties. I bet he was older than Dolan.

Not sure what difference it makes.

Anyway hopefully the incident is all done and dusted.

2 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Not sure what difference it makes.

Anyway hopefully the incident is all done and dusted.

Because human nature is always to protect the young. Hence if you want sympathy for say a news story, always mention children. 

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

We are never going to know if there was a shout - or maybe Carter didn't hear it. I don't see how you can say"obviously" in these circumstances. Additionally Carter's clearance was very poor. 

But the point is that Pears wasn't at fault for what happened from the corner - it was one of those messy goals that you hope won't happen at all.

It looked to me like Trav was having a chew at Pears after the corner was conceded.  Had Carter received a clear instruction from the keeper he would have allowed him to come through and either collect or clear. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robfranlong81 said:

It looked to me like Trav was having a chew at Pears after the corner was conceded.  Had Carter received a clear instruction from the keeper he would have allowed him to come through and either collect or clear. 

Hyam was having a go at Pears as well.