BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

As much as I don’t think JDT is the bees knees, I watched today thinking “if only Broughton had got O’Brien and a striker in the door in January”

Agreed, but Thomas, Dolan & Wharton in that starting 11 and we get a result. There was no press, zero pace & creativity up until they all came on - By then it was all too late.

• Like 3

Not going to sugar coat it, that was pretty awful, worst I've seen us this season  there's no redeeming features to come out of that whatsoever.

Poor from the start, no-one applied themselves properly (perhaps Szmodics & Pickering aside), and JDT's subs were way too late (should've been at half time or at worse 10 mins into 2nd half, not 5 mins after we go 2 down). Disappointed also that he started with Hedges, with Thomas being unavailable on Monday.

We've made it tough for ourselves now, no doubt. I'm not going to flip out about it but we need to find a spark from somewhere & quick if top six is to happen. 

• Like 3

Poor showing. No tempo on the ball today. A bit of a fluke their first goal and JRC should've brought us level but in the end they deserved all three points. Morton is a liability. Immensely frustrating that O'brien isn't playing for us now. Tough run-in for us, but at least it's all in our own hands. If we can't protect our place in the top six from here on in, then we don't deserve to be there.

That was a no show,really disappointing. 

We can't afford any more no shows from Monday onwards. The 2 teams which are least crap from now on will get 5th and 6th. 

It might be our best chance for some time, this division won't be as weak for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Agreed, but Thomas, Dolan & Wharton in that starting 11 and we get a result. There was no press, zero pace & creativity up until they all came on - By then it was all too late.

Potentially - although I don't see how a RW, LW and CM would have stopped two counter attack goals that totally exposed our lack of pace at FB?

Norwich had better players all across the pitch - and indeed on the bench. 

30 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Not going to sugar coat it, that was pretty awful, worst I've seen us this season  there's no redeeming features to come out of that whatsoever.

Poor from the start, no-one applied themselves properly (perhaps Szmodics & Pickering aside), and JDT's subs were way too late (should've been at half time or at worse 10 mins into 2nd half, not 5 mins after we go 2 down). Disappointed also that he started with Hedges, with Thomas being unavailable on Monday.

We've made it tough for ourselves now, no doubt. I'm not going to flip out about it but we need to find a spark from somewhere & quick if top six is to happen. 

I think JDT is a fantastic manager - my big gripe is about his substitutions. They're often far too late. More than that I HATE seeing the subs bench dicking about passing the ball around in a circle at half time. Absolutely nobody looks anywhere near ready to come on.

I miss the days where Hughes had the subs going through warm ups and drills at half time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Would put Kaminski and Brittain back in the team, and replace Morton with Wharton.

Be wrong to drop Pears. That would be part blaming him for today's no show. Agree with Brittan & Wharton which should have happened at halftime today. 

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yet we are still above Preston despite having played one game less. Shouldn't they be getting the "lot of them out" first ?

I hate to be a spoilsport, but we're going to lose that game in hand as it's against Burnley. 

• Like 4

miqaayil

we will never be promoted or even play play-off games till venkys here...we're just tax laundromat...with premiership opportunity JDT will go...

money will always trump football and hearts ...we are fools for believing ...

Yep, all else is noise.

Curiously, nobody has blamed the ref yet 😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aletheia said:

miqaayil

we will never be promoted or even play play-off games till venkys here...we're just tax laundromat...with premiership opportunity JDT will go...

money will always trump football and hearts ...we are fools for believing ...

Yep, all else is noise.

Curiously, nobody has blamed the ref yet 😉

Bah, no blame on refs. 

Rovers fans are objective enough to admit when we’re crap. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

Tomasson has definitely not been aided by poor recruitment by Broughton. In midfield, we needed experience. Broughton opted for Morton who is not what we needed (ie young and not very good) and compounded it by failing to strengthen in January, the O'Brien fiasco being key. Up front, our main target only lasted until January because he was so shit and then he failed to bring in any one else. Hyam has been a very good signing, Szmodics has grown into an important player and we also got an injury prone squad player at full back and an additional joker in Mola.

That being said, that doesn't excuse a quite frankly embarassing record from losing positions, 1 point (from a bad goalkeeping error) is simply not good enough and will always create a ceiling on what we can achieve.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson has definitely not been aided by poor recruitment by Broughton. In midfield, we needed experience. Broughton opted for Morton who is not what we needed (ie young and not very good) and compounded it by failing to strengthen in January, the O'Brien fiasco being key. Up front, our main target only lasted until January because he was so shit and then he failed to bring in any one else. Hyam has been a very good signing, Szmodics has grown into an important player and we also got an injury prone squad player at full back and an additional joker in Mola.

That being said, that doesn't excuse a quite frankly embarassing record from losing positions, 1 point (from a bad goalkeeping error) is simply not good enough and will always create a ceiling on what we can achieve.

Morton should be as involved as Mola has been since the World Cup break - not at all. That’s on Tomasson.

Ridiculously stubborn in some of his actions, particularly his reluctance to make substitutions. That really hasn’t helped our lack of getting back into games.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Morton should be as involved as Mola has been since the World Cup break - not at all. That’s on Tomasson.

Ridiculously stubborn in some of his actions, particularly his reluctance to make substitutions. That really hasn’t helped our lack of getting back into games.

I don't think Morton is comparable to Mola in that in an area of weakness, unfortunately Morton is needed and I would personally say he is probably better than Garrett. But he certainly shouldn't be playing anywhere near as often as he has been.

He was again ineffective today, Mola is levels below which is saying something.

Edited by roversfan99