BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

As Tyrone has already said, Mainoo being picked for the first team squad says it all, he's only been playing for 5 minutes (metaphorically speaking). I've lost interest in England games mainly because of Southgate picking his mates regardless of form, or how the media have pushed forward their favourites because they play for a so called big club.

I always remember this quote to Jack Charlton from Sir Alf, who won us a World Cup, "Of Course there are better centre-halves than you Jack, but you possess the qualities I need in the system I wish to employ"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sven took another centre half instead of Jansen, then didn’t play him.

Still makes me a little upset thinking what might have been for Matt - I can only imagine how he has felt over the years. 

The sky really was the limit as he was just continuously getting better with the first yard played upstairs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sven took another centre half instead of Jansen, then didn’t play him.

Martin Keown.

Though, if we're apportioning blame, it was Tord Grip who did the convincing that Keown was the man to take instead of Jansen.

Sven was planning on taking Matt right up to the last hours.

How anyone can't be excited about the potential of this England team and get behind them is seriously puzzling. Mainoo is a generational talent.  Wharton will get his chance.  Southgate always gives youth a chance.  I've been looking forward to the potential of rice Bellingham and mainoo playing together for ages 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roverandout said:

How anyone can't be excited about the potential of this England team and get behind them is seriously puzzling. Mainoo is a generational talent.  Wharton will get his chance.  Southgate always gives youth a chance.  I've been looking forward to the potential of rice Bellingham and mainoo playing together for ages 

how can you get exited when southgate will be found tactically wanting when we come up against one of the better sides,personally  the only thing exciting about southgate is the complete horlicks he`s going to make at man utd,he`s going to take them into the lower half of the table😆

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

how can you get exited when southgate will be found tactically wanting when we come up against one of the better sides,personally  the only thing exciting about southgate is the complete horlicks he`s going to make at man utd,he`s going to take them into the lower half of the table😆

He learned his lesson against France. England played more on the front foot in that game and even though we lost we were clearly the better team which gave me more satisfaction than the final loss against italy

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

He learned his lesson against France. England played more on the front foot in that game and even though we lost we were clearly the better team which gave me more satisfaction than the final loss against italy

you give a good coach the weapons england currently possess and i guarantee you we`ll win the euros and the world cup,iv`e certainly never experienced an england side with so many class players at the managers disposal

• Like 3

he got the job because he`s seen as a good egg in the fa organisation,never ever likely to say or do anything controversial that cause the suits embarrasment

is he going to launch an inspirational half time team talk at 2-0 down or make some radical tactical shift that changes the game,no he is`nt,if he was your work mate,you`de probably think,bloody hell  he`s a bit of a boring ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Wharton promoted to the under 21s

Yeah, but we made our valuation and sold him the minute the first bid matched it.

Whats wrong with that?

3 minutes ago, den said:

Yeah, but we made our valuation and sold him the minute the first bid matched it.

Whats wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing if u want to sell ur best asset for nothing