BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

39 minutes ago, 47er said:

From the Guardian--enough to make you puke. Palace---a genius at discovering new talent!

As if it wasn't bleeding obvious!

Wharton the latest Palace gem

Crystal Palace’s admired recruitment department have unearthed another gem in Adam Wharton, the 19-year-old bought for £18.5m from Blackburn in January. If Eberechi Eze was the outstanding player at the City Ground, his runs dovetailed with Wharton, whose vision and weight of left-foot passes were on point on a number of occasions. To follow Eze and Michael Olise, Wharton is the latest Palace diamond mined from the EFL, where talent abounds if you look in the right places. Daniel Muñoz, the Colombian defender also signed in January, also put in a fine performance at Forest. Little wonder Dougie Freedman, the former Palace striker and manager turned Eagles sporting director, is one of the most respected members of football’s ever-growing class of front-office execs. That Palace are renowned as a talent factory is tribute to the department Freedman heads up. Wharton, capped by England Under-21’s last week, represents the latest proof. John Brewin

Renown talent factory? But they've literally bought him from someone else's Academy (and first team) and you've said as such in the headline. 

I don't care enough about that poxy club to research whether they bought Olise and Eze too, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. 

• Like 7

Eze had played over 100 games for QPR and Olise had played a lot at Reading. Both been at several academies, none of which were CP. 

What CP look good at doing if anything is lowballing teams in turmoil for their best young talents, certainly not something the guardian (who decry the financial might of some clubs) should be celebrating 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Renown talent factory? But they've literally bought him from someone else's Academy (and first team) and you've said as such in the headline. 

I don't care enough about that poxy club to research whether they bought Olise and Eze too, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. 

I’ve hated all things Palace, with a passion since 1989.

• Like 7

You couldn’t make that tripe up. They’re nothing more than lower midtable premier league vultures circling round championship clubs in dire straits. (I appreciate the boot was once on the other foot for rovers). Wharton is definitely not a better footballer now than he was 3 months ago yet he’s now played for the u21s vs Luxembourg I think it was. He would not have played if was still here. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, 47er said:

From the Guardian--enough to make you puke. Palace---a genius at discovering new talent!

As if it wasn't bleeding obvious!

Wharton the latest Palace gem

Crystal Palace’s admired recruitment department have unearthed another gem in Adam Wharton, the 19-year-old bought for £18.5m from Blackburn in January. If Eberechi Eze was the outstanding player at the City Ground, his runs dovetailed with Wharton, whose vision and weight of left-foot passes were on point on a number of occasions. To follow Eze and Michael Olise, Wharton is the latest Palace diamond mined from the EFL, where talent abounds if you look in the right places. Daniel Muñoz, the Colombian defender also signed in January, also put in a fine performance at Forest. Little wonder Dougie Freedman, the former Palace striker and manager turned Eagles sporting director, is one of the most respected members of football’s ever-growing class of front-office execs. That Palace are renowned as a talent factory is tribute to the department Freedman heads up. Wharton, capped by England Under-21’s last week, represents the latest proof. John Brewin

£18.5 million ? As Black Bart the outlaw said at his trial, “ Some men rob with a six gun , some men rob with a fountain pen “.

• Like 2

It makes me sick that he's being described as a" Palace Gem".

They've has fuck all tp do with it. Just handed a cheque over to an impoverished club, (with billionaire owners),

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

The fact we are now a feeder club to crap like Palace says everything about how far we've fallen 

I think it says everything about the nonsense that is EPPP and tribunal fees protecting developing clubs. 

Eze and Olise are outliers in that they’d both been in and released from several elite academies. Being given a ‘last chance’ and Millwall and Reading academies respectively before making a name for themselves in the EFL. So neither club had invested heavily in the players development. However Adam is exactly the sort of player EPPP and tribunals are designed to protect, people will argue £18.5 ml is a realistic/good figure but we all know Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask! 

The reality is that the game is rigged to benefit those in the EPL, a closed shop who vote for each other and will sell us and the rest of the pyramid to the dogs for their own gain. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

‘Glad all over’, the stuff of nightmares 😡

gives me a panic attack and nausea😷

on a more positive note,adam will likely be playing in the championship come the end of next season,eze,guehi,johnstone and olise certain to leave the building this summer and not sure they have the nous to replace them all adequately,i`ll give adam a nice round of applause tbh,thats if we survive🙂

Whilst it’s nice to see Adam doing so well we need to bear in mind that it’s not the BBC making these judgements, it’s just fans on the internet posting whatever scores they like. I assume many are Palace fans watching the game and making informed scores I think anyone can give whatever score they like.

11 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Whilst it’s nice to see Adam doing so well we need to bear in mind that it’s not the BBC making these judgements, it’s just fans on the internet posting whatever scores they like. I assume many are Palace fans watching the game and making informed scores I think anyone can give whatever score they like.

He keeps coming out top of those voting.

• Like 1

Similar story it seems, Palace drop points, Wharton does well but lacking defensively in a key moment. For Bournemouth’s goal he gets caught too high up the pitch, not anticipating the break. Not to say it was a decisive error and his midfield partner seems to be missing, so not all on him, at all, but another sign of lack of defensive intensity, perhaps. As the deep-lying midfielder, which I assume is his role at that moment, it’s crucial.

If he does get that right, he’ll do just fine.

Edited by riverholmes

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He keeps coming out top of those voting.

Indeed he does but my point was that there is no control about who is voting. Presumably I could go and give Adam a 9 every game without even seeing the game. Likewise I could give every Burnley player a 1 every game.

13 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Indeed he does but my point was that there is no control about who is voting. Presumably I could go and give Adam a 9 every game without even seeing the game. Likewise I could give every Burnley player a 1 every game.

In the case of Burnley players that would be fair comment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

The voting is open to abuse I regularly give Adam a 10😊

• Backroom

Just asssited with a through ball against City within 3 minutes 

I was probably one person less convinced than others as I’ve not seen us as much in the last couple of seasons but he’s above and beyond expectations and may even get a full England call up soon

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Just asssited with a through ball against City within 3 minutes 

I was probably one person less convinced than others as I’ve not seen us as much in the last couple of seasons but he’s above and beyond expectations and may even get a full England call up soon

is a special player,they don`t come around very often,if we`de been a club that that wanted to go places,we could have hung onto him for another season or two,sadly for adam,in the england reckoning there is a massive bunch of players in front of him,southgate probably has`nt even heard of him