BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

The pass to assist the goal was awesome. He looks so natural in the prem and playing with better players is highlighting his quality . I love watching him. I hope he goes all the way to the top. Makes me proud to see one of our own excel .

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d say 18 months but he will get their with the right mentality and luck with injuries

Will be difficult to get ahead of TAA (who's arguably the best passer in the world and still can't get into the team...)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, roverandout said:

England player in 6 months 

Fans loving him on socials. If he was in a United shirt he’d have his call up already…..cough *Mainoo* cough

Sort of proud, also just hits home that he should be in a Rovers shirt in the prem instead 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, superniko said:

Fans loving him on socials. If he was in a United shirt he’d have his call up already…..cough *Mainoo* cough

Sort of proud, also just hits home that he should be in a Rovers shirt in the prem instead 

1 win in 9. Today might’ve been his first assist. He’s done well in a struggling team and is a great prospect but the hype is too much currently. He may well get there, especially with the right midfield partner.

Edit: Wharton watch... Great pass for the opener finished well by Mateta - if Wharton meant it. The co-commentator seemed to doubt it. I think it was intended but whether it was a hopeful or a calculated pass, hard to tell. If calculated, it was even more brilliant. Apparently, he had a role in the second Palace goal but not covered in the highlights.

On the downside, he and Hughes were overrun for the City goals. There's no shame in that and potentially a tactical issue as well. However, if I was being very critical, for the second De Bruyne goal, he and Hughes let Rodri go and then Wharton doesn't cover himself in glory when trying to block the strike. 

Edited by riverholmes

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, superniko said:

In fairness Mainoo looks a level above most 

• Like 1

Love Adam Wharton and think he’ll be in the England Squad by the end of 2024, he’s unique in that position in terms of keeping the ball & playing forward passes. Every inch the Lancashire Pirlo and twice the player of the Yorkshire version who got a move to City.

Needs to keep working on the defensive side of his game though, KDB made him look distinctly average for both his goals.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jny said:

Will be difficult to get ahead of TAA (who's arguably the best passer in the world and still can't get into the team...)

It's all about if Gareth is a fan of the player or not, not about performance or ability. It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, riverholmes said:

1 win in 9. Today might’ve been his first assist. He’s done well in a struggling team and is a great prospect but the hype is too much currently. He may well get there, especially with the right midfield partner.

Edit: Wharton watch... Great pass for the opener finished well by Mateta - if Wharton meant it. The co-commentator seemed to doubt it. I think it was intended but whether it was a hopeful or a calculated pass, hard to tell. If calculated, it was even more brilliant. Apparently, he had a role in the second Palace goal but not covered in the highlights.

On the downside, he and Hughes were overrun for the City goals. There's no shame in that and potentially a tactical issue as well. However, if I was being very critical, for the second De Bruyne goal, he and Hughes let Rodri go and then Wharton doesn't cover himself in glory when trying to block the strike. 

The strike where a World Class player curled it across the GK into the top corner?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Fans on social media waxing lyrical about him.

Meh is all I can say. Feel proud of him but still so pissed off that he should have been in our colours til the summer and gone at the right time.

Bollocks,  he should be playing for us in the Premier League. 

As per usual, any chance of that happening was deliberately sabotaged and Wharton sold for absolutely fuck all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Bollocks,  he should be playing for us in the Premier League. 

As per usual, any chance of that happening was deliberately sabotaged and Wharton sold for absolutely fuck all.

will eustace get any money from the wharton transfer,will he ****

venkys out

rest of the incompetents out

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

It's all about if Gareth is a fan of the player or not, not about performance or ability. It's ridiculous.

He's probably a Palace fan!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The strike where a World Class player curled it across the GK into the top corner?

Second De Bruyne goal. Wharton and Hughes lose Rodri for a moment and then Wharton makes a hesitant effort at blocking the De Bruyne shot. I am being very critical and, as I said, it's no shame to be overrun by City's players. However, it's pretty clear that Wharton needs a better organiser and defensive player alongside him, because that is a weaker part of his game.

Wharton looks an absolute natural at Premier League level. His tight control is breathtaking. He twice came away with the ball with three City players on him and not many can do that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, philipl said:

Wharton looks an absolute natural at Premier League level. His tight control is breathtaking. He twice came away with the ball with three City players on him and not many can do that.

So glad we sold him for less than half of his actual value.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Love Adam Wharton and think he’ll be in the England Squad by the end of 2024, he’s unique in that position in terms of keeping the ball & playing forward passes. Every inch the Lancashire Pirlo and twice the player of the Yorkshire version who got a move to City.

Needs to keep working on the defensive side of his game though, KDB made him look distinctly average for both his goals.

KDB can do that to most players though.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2024 at 11:32, roverandout said:

For England it's good we are producing number 6's now. Wharton and mainoo are both naturals in that position also there's alex scott

I'm old enough to have seen him play for Rangers and then Everton

• Like 2