BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Didn’t you flounce off for months not long ago because folk didn’t agree with you?

But fair enough if saying your name is coming across as condescending, noted for future.

I took a break from the messageboard because I grew tired of how people were disagreeing, not because they were disagreeing.

An example of that being the fact that the way that you responded to my post is different to how you would have responded had it been virtually any other poster.

That's tiresome for me, but if some messageboard grudge gets you through the day, then more power to you. 

And if you're only just realising that saying someone's name at the end of a response can come across as condescending or patronising, then that's somewhat surprising.

4 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

He does prosper when challenged. His debut for us, MoTM and I think the same for his first Palace start too. Granted international tournament football is another level again, but he could thrive as equally as he could flounder.

It's entirely possible and I'm sure he'll get his chance in the not-too-distant future. It's not that dissimilar to the situation that Jansen found himself in prior to the 2002 World Cup (although Jansen was vastly more proven and experienced in club football).

I just think it would be a big risk to throw him in at the deep end and a waste of a spot in a squad to take a player when you're not certain that you can totally trust them at that level. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

It's entirely possible and I'm sure he'll get his chance in the not-too-distant future. It's not that dissimilar to the situation that Jansen found himself in prior to the 2002 World Cup (although Jansen was vastly more proven and experienced in club football).

I just think it would be a big risk to throw him in at the deep end and a waste of a spot in a squad to take a player when you're not certain that you can totally trust them at that level. 

He’s not ready to play at that level yet but he will in a couple of years.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Eddie said:

I took a break from the messageboard because I grew tired of how people were disagreeing, not because they were disagreeing.

An example of that being the fact that the way that you responded to my post is different to how you would have responded had it been virtually any other poster.

That's tiresome for me, but if some messageboard grudge gets you through the day, then more power to you. 

And if you're only just realising that saying someone's name at the end of a response can come across as condescending or patronising, then that's somewhat surprising.

Equally surprising that you believe someone giving you the courtesy of using your name must be due to condescension, imo.

Whilst I do think we fell short in what we sold him by 8-10 million, nobody is going to pay 50 million for a Championship player no matter how good we know they will be. 10 good games in the Prem is worth 2 seasons in the championship, rightly or wrongly. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes that is true, Rice has developed into a top class player now though. He reminds me a lot of Ronnie Clayton.

A midfield of rice Wharton and Bellingham would be legit. I'd personally take wharton over mainoo 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, roverandout said:

A midfield of rice Wharton and Bellingham would be legit. I'd personally take wharton over mainoo 

It’s a shame the comp as come too soon for Wharton. This time next year and he would have been in the squad, barring injuries of course. Playing with no shin pads was what got me a broken leg.

• Like 1

As much as I would love to be wrong, I think barring injury Mainoo will go to the euros above Wharton. He only got a U21 call up because of injury in the last international break so he would need to do something drastic to be in with a shout. Mainoo has been very good since coming in so I can stomach Wharton missing out to him, to be honest the kicker is Henderson remains in squad despite evidently playing a lower standard of football. 

• Like 2

His defensive play has improved so much in such a short time. Really glad to see other fans are seeing just how good this lad is.

Fingers crossed the sell on fee percentage is decent and we’ll get a nice chunk when he moves on.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If one more non-Rovers fan messages me on WhatsApp praising Wharton I'm going to punch them.

Football in this country really is all about the PL and sod everyone else.

Tell me about it!!!!

Same on all socials. Seeing lots of Carrick / Wilshere comparisons. 
Fair play to the Palace recruitment team, they’ve done some spot-on business recently.

Happy for Adam almost as much as livid at Waggot and the clowns. Hope Southgate is at least watching to see who the real pivot next to Rice should be this summer. 

IMG_4700.jpeg

• Like 1

I also think this is potentially the silent alarm to why we absolutely tanked from Christmas onwards. 

Waggott rubbed his hands together despite selling to the first bidder for below market price as it’ll look good to Venkys who haven’t got a scooby. 
But that decision almost cost us our championship place as it’s no coincidence we looked absolutely dire since he left, creating feck all. 

• Like 2

Just now, superniko said:

I also think this is potentially the silent alarm to why we absolutely tanked from Christmas onwards. 

Waggott rubbed his hands together despite selling to the first bidder for below market price as it’ll look good to Venkys who haven’t got a scooby. 
But that decision almost cost us our championship place as it’s no coincidence we looked absolutely dire since he left, creating feck all. 

10/10

On 05/05/2024 at 11:51, Lancaster Rover said:

Whilst I do think we fell short in what we sold him by 8-10 million, nobody is going to pay 50 million for a Championship player no matter how good we know they will be. 10 good games in the Prem is worth 2 seasons in the championship, rightly or wrongly. 

I just can’t understand why there wasn’t significant and competing interest from elsewhere, which would have helped drive the price. It was clear to all of us who watched him regularly and obviously Dougie Friedman but why were City / Liverpool / Newcastle etc blind to such a talent.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I just can’t understand why there wasn’t significant and competing interest from elsewhere, which would have helped drive the price. It was clear to all of us who watched him regularly and obviously Dougie Friedman but why were City / Liverpool / Newcastle etc blind to such a talent.

So much for the scouting teams at those clubs. They must be blind.