BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 15/4/23 @ 19.45pm

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

How fucked up the mood around here as we currently sit in 6th. That's not down to being ungrateful or greedy. It's purely a unique feeling being a rovers fan. Feeling deflated and a sense of inevitable failure. 

I think we were on the same amount of points at this stage last season, sitting in 8th but we'd played two more games.

Yeah, brereton to the bench please. I’m all done with that level of performance. Absolutely honking.

Gallagher, the worst signing we have ever made. Absolute carthorse, but we have known that for years.

This club deserves this fall from grace after the scandalous january transfer window. 

Like someone said before in the thread. We need a fork stuck in us cause we are done. I have seen Coventry a few times in the last few weeks, I predict the final dagger will be Wed.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I hope Gregg has got some top strikers identified and budget secured. 

He may well have but asking the dummies to spell the name right on the contract or file the paperwork in time is surely a bridge too far. 

1 minute ago, booth said:

I think we were on the same amount of points at this stage last season, sitting in 8th but we'd played two more games.

Seeing it slip away with lackluster displays is hard to stomach. Saying that if prefer this season to mid table or even in danger of the drop.

46 minutes ago, JonnyP said:

Has he signed a contract with Villarreal? If I was them I’d be having a rethink. When he’s hot hes hot but when he’s not by god he’s brutal 

He has had a purple patch here in an otherwise poor 5 year period. Never, ever going to score loads of goals, doesn’t have striker’s instinct and not brave enough. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Don't do it to yourself, expect nothing and you won't be as disappointed.

Well I've given up on the playoffs so that's something. And in terms of budget I think O'Brien would have cost us around half a  million on his own (20k a week for six months/26 weeks) so there's probably a bit of cash knocking about. And that's before we move BBD off the wage bill. Reckon we will spend similar to this season in the summer (2-3 million on Szmodics, Brittain and Hyam).

Lack of movement up front was an issue but if we play around with it at the back like we do it's not surprising. Andy Bayes called it pathetic. 

Gallagher is finished and Brereton.....well. Why waite 70 minutes for subs. JDT was shaking his head at full time. Anyone guess why? Maybe no time added back for their wasting time. 

Still 6th though, playoff place would be good.

Coyb

JDT:

“The decision-making in the last third (was poor).

“A point can be important in the long run, we shouldn't forget that.

“It wasn't the same level performance as Huddersfield, we played better against Huddersfield.

“We did enough to win it but we lacked quality in the decision-making and finishing.

“That is why it's a draw and not a win.

“We are disappointed with the draw but, at this stage, each point can be important.

“I must admit, with five games to go, we are still in the play-offs and if we'd been told that at the start of the season everyone would have taken that, and with two good runs in the cups as well.”

We kept dribbling at an open target instead of shooting, more of less. Or the cross didn't pick out the man, there wasn't quality in the crossing.

"We didn't make the right choices."

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, LDRover said:

As far as I'm concerned that's a must win game and you just can't be that passive and lacking intensity in such a game.

Bitterly disappointing but why the manager took Wharton out of that side and picked Gallagher is completely beyond me.

We desperately need a goal but never seem to throw the kitchen sink at anyone or be in a hurry, infuriating 😡

• Like 1

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Well I've given up on the playoffs so that's something. And in terms of budget I think O'Brien would have cost us around half a  million on his own (20k a week for six months/26 weeks) so there's probably a bit of cash knocking about. And that's before we move BBD off the wage bill. Reckon we will spend similar to this season in the summer (2-3 million on Szmodics, Brittain and Hyam).

I think it's guaranteed he'll bring in another donkey of a striker, a midfielder from somewhere, and some loans.

A report last week said we were after a league 1 right back, which sounds the level of our ambition. Would be a bit baffling that one when we have other areas that are much more in need of strengthening.

We just can’t finish. Most of the rest in this league is ok. Hyam is having a real poor spell. The real problem starts up front Diaz and Gallagher need changing they can’t score and contribute very little. 
Leonard may not be the answer but his movement and instinct leaves Gallagher in the shade.

brereton is so poor in the tackle or his covering runs, I won’t even start on his foward play. The shot  that went out for throw in sums it up. 
Leonard in what’s the worst that can happen. I am sick on the protecting young players shit and he doesn’t want protecting.

Only a few games to go and at least we are in with a shout usually mid table by now

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Pitiful. You trolled me by calling me out. Accept responsibility for your posts and don't whine when people respond. 

Hilariously poor post. Can't even be arsed to explain why, I'll leave you to it. In your sad little mind that's probably a win for you, so enjoy it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah, fuck promotion. What really counts is that we saved a couple of quid by "accidentally" failing to do basic admin tasks.

We like making life difficult for ourselves don't we?

That Dolan miss

Tyler Morton,  you have pretensions to being a Liverpool player but tonight you were way off that level.

Leonard got into more goal scoring positions in 10 minutes than Gally did in 80.

Ben oh dear. 

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Hilariously poor post. Can't even be arsed to explain why, I'll leave you to it. In your sad little mind that's probably a win for you, so enjoy it.

You pointlessly had a dig. Then you started with the insults. You got a reply. Sorry it worked out badly for you. Sweet dreams. 

Just now, booth said:

I think it's guaranteed he'll bring in another donkey of a striker, a midfielder from somewhere, and some loans.

A report last week said we were after a league 1 right back, which sounds the level of our ambition. Would be a bit baffling that one when we have other areas that are much more in need of strengthening.

Gregg and JDT brought in quality imo so far. Really like Hyam, Brittain and Szmodics. Thomas also a good singing let down by nothing to aim at it in the middle. And got a lot out of strugglers like JRC and Pears. 

I'm intrigued to see what kind of proper forward we can turn up. Haven't had a good one since Graham.

Could be one of our best seasons next year imo. Feels like - despite the extreme frustrations of recent weeks - we are building to a point where we have a lot of quality all over the pitch, and just need the spearhead to make it all work.

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT:

“The decision-making in the last third (was poor).

“A point can be important in the long run, we shouldn't forget that.

“It wasn't the same level performance as Huddersfield, we played better against Huddersfield.

“We did enough to win it but we lacked quality in the decision-making and finishing.

“That is why it's a draw and not a win.

“We are disappointed with the draw but, at this stage, each point can be important.

“I must admit, with five games to go, we are still in the play-offs and if we'd been told that at the start of the season everyone would have taken that, and with two good runs in the cups as well.”

We kept dribbling at an open target instead of shooting, more of less. Or the cross didn't pick out the man, there wasn't quality in the crossing.

"We didn't make the right choices."

I wonder why?!? Come on JDT, you’re better than this.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Just home after what can be best described as a cowardly turgid performance versus Hull who were so frustrating ! JDT wants rovers to be brave well you put the wrong team on that pitch tonight. How Hedges deserved to be benched and not start is baffling he was straight in the mix and took rovers forward. I honestly think Coventry will look at tonight’s game and will crucify us big time as will pne. Gally was abysmal as was BBD and Dolan. The midfield were miles apart and there was pandemonium when rovers got to the 18 yd box as one by one they failed to pull the trigger and shoot. It looks like Gally will be out for Wednesday which might be a blessing otherwise I am not looking forward to Wednesday evening

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You pointlessly had a dig. Then you started with the insults. You got a reply. Sorry it worked out badly for you. Sweet dreams. 

Not the chain of events. Night night sweetheart.

• Like 1

Well it has to be said, the loss of Buckley has hurt us badly. Simply much further ahead in his development than Morton, better defensively and much better going forwards both carrying the ball and seeing a pass. Certainly in the form he was in. Travis played better alongside him.

Wharton should be starting rather than Morton and Leonard needs more game time, both our two striker's haven't done enough to even be starting recently. At least the youngsters will get more experience. 

For me Dack a few years ago was streets ahead of both our strikers,  even now I'd trust he to put away a chance if we can get him into scoring position's when he's fit. 

The team that finished against Huddersfield should have started tonight.

• Like 6