BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 15/4/23 @ 19.45pm

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Good luck to Villareal, he is looking a dud. 

Really is. And that's not sour grapes. Like the lad, and hope he does well.

But if he doesn't get a new club bounce and hit the ground running, I fear for him over there.

Spanish fans don't mess about if someone's regularly failing. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Why did Gallagher let a perfect ball over the top bounce? 

He should of let it bounce twice I think. 

Could maybe even have pushed a 3rd.

What he did instead was instantly shit the bed. 

• Like 2

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

twas a killer pass,any centre forward with a gram of ability would have brought it down and put it in the net,at this level chances don`t come much better than that

I think it was the Norwich game that he had one in the box and wanted a touch and it ran straight across him, without making contact. Any competent striker would have buried it. I have no personal issue with Sam, he really tries but he is simply, bobbins. Sadly, BBD is little better.

14 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Why did Gallagher let a perfect ball over the top bounce? How perfect does a pass need to be for him to do something in front of goal? In fact I'm starting to think such a pass doesn't exist 🤯

Could have let it bounce 5 times and had he the touched it would have hoofed it over the end line for a goal kick. Touch it out of the air, letting it settle doesn’t matter…he wasn’t going to score.  

15 minutes ago, superniko said:

Because of the exact reason I quoted? Not sure where you don’t understand. From this morning, every team bar Preston gained on us (of which consequence Millwall pulled away instead)

I could also add we were 1/1 (50%) chance of top 6 this morning but now we’re 15/8 (35%) chance of top 6

I can see what you mean, but they're all behind us. I suppose it depends which way you look at it. If we win on Wednesday, it more or less puts Coventry out of it. 

To me, despite a poor performance, we've actually widened the gap, and the games are quickly running out. 

We were never going to "lose" our way into the top 6, eventually the big boy pants will have to come out of the drawer. 

• Backroom

Would certainly be something if the team who sold us their top defender because they were in dire financial straits ended up pipping us to the playoffs. No excuses about ffp, parachute payments or anything else can paint that as anything other than a huge failure. I don't even want to consider that Mowbray's Sunderland might finish above us, although I imagine some people would be fine with that.  

I like JDT but we have no excuse for finishing below the likes of Coventry and Sunderland (who have an even worse striker situation than us), so let's sort this out on Wednesday before the season becomes another crushing disappointment. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

He should of let it bounce twice I think. 

Could maybe even have pushed a 3rd.

What he did instead was instantly shit the bed. 

It's the fact there's no judgement call, he isn't intentionally letting it bounce because he knows he can take it in his stride and score. The pass is perfect before the bounce, and he attempts to stretch for it as if he wanted to control it. The chance to control it was as it landed, before the bounce... or you're running onto it like you say.

His legs look heavy and he seems to miss time just about everything, every game. I've given up on him, not justifying his wage and for that reason we'll struggle to move him on anywhere for a fee. He'll leave for free at the end of his contract next year.

• Like 1

Another poster mentioned earlier in this thread about the tippy tappy shite build up shite towards the end of games wasting time. Which I agree with. 

But how much time are we wasting during the early and middle sections of the game doing exactly the same shit. 

The first 20 minutes of tonight's game were mind numbingly boring with the tippy tappy, mamby pamby shite stuff. 

We're not just good enough to do it and we lose time trying. 

• Like 6

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Really need a consistent champ level scorer next season. I’d take karlan grant 

I'd take a punt on Gyorkes from Coventry if they would be willing to sell him. 

Bradshaw from Millwall knows where the back of the net is aswell. 

5 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

No chance in a million years Gyokeres would come to us (also, why would Millwall sell to a direct rival? Not like we have bags of cash sitting round)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DE. said:

Would certainly be something if the team who sold us their top defender because they were in dire financial straits ended up pipping us to the playoffs. No excuses about ffp, parachute payments or anything else can paint that as anything other than a huge failure. I don't even want to consider that Mowbray's Sunderland might finish above us, although I imagine some people would be fine with that.  

I like JDT but we have no excuse for finishing below the likes of Coventry and Sunderland (who have an even worse striker situation than us), so let's sort this out on Wednesday before the season becomes another crushing disappointment. 

You'd definitely take most of Sunderland's forward line over ours. Mowbray didn't sign any of them - sadly he signed most of ours.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Another poster mentioned earlier in this thread about the tippy tappy shite build up shite towards the end of games wasting time. Which I agree with. 

But how much time are we wasting during the early and middle sections of the game doing exactly the same shit. 

The first 20 minutes of tonight's game were mind numbingly boring with the tippy tappy, mamby pamby shite stuff. 

We're not just good enough to do it and we lose time trying. 

Reckon we would do anything differently if we even make play offs? Starting to lose faith now! We should have won tonight but we can't score. Why gally plays up top instead of Leonard ? Gally isn't a no.9. Leonard is

1 hour ago, 47er said:

In any case, if we manage to scrape last place in the 6, we'll go into the play-offs with the worst form of any.

The points thrown away this season--makes you weep. The only thing we have going for us is our game in hand and you can say that since we have to play Burnley we might as well not have one!

It's probably a disadvantage because it will likely reduce our, already terrible, goal difference

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Reckon we would do anything differently if we even make play offs? Starting to lose faith now! We should have won tonight but we can't score. Why gally plays up top instead of Leonard ? Gally isn't a no.9. Leonard is

At the moment Gally isn't even a proffesional footballer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Zero possibility we have the money for Gyokeres unless we get promoted. I do mean zero.

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Really need a consistent champ level scorer next season. I’d take karlan grant 

3 goals this season in 26 games. Even adjusted for minutes rather than games, he has a worse goals ratio this season than Gally. Has had a couple of much better seasons in the past, but recent form doesn't suggest he's the answer. At the right price I'd take a punt though, still only 25.

I was gone today, but got to watch the final 30 min ESPN+.

Since we’re still in playoff places (but goodness knows for how much longer) I’m trying to stay positive: We got a clean sheet. As for scoring, we have five more opportunities before seasons end. I’m not sure that’s enough opportunities.
So much for staying positive.