BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

Oh well, it’ll be sweet seeing them fall.

We’ve outplayed three teams and been cheated in two, only 2 points better off.

If only we could bring on a £4m player when we’re struggling against a team. 

The people to blame are off the pitch. I hope Rovers fans never let them forget it. Never forget when Venkys, Waggott and co allowed this to happen.

• Like 6

• Backroom
Just now, RTM08 said:

JDT has already said we'll be fishing in the freebies market this summer. I have a sinking feeling we've just blown it and the gap between us and them is just going to get wider and wider. If teams like Everton and Leicester drop down you can forget going up next year.

For what it's worth I think it'll be Leeds, Forest and Southampton... so not quite as bad, but this is two seasons in a row where we've let a golden opportunity slip through our fingers. 

• Like 3

We were by far the better team on the night. Everyone else has said it but January screwed us over. No quality up top, no cutting edge and done by a world class goal out of nothing. 

The ref could have easily sent Cork off and how the lino didn't see that handball at the end by Barnes. 

• Like 4

We certainly haven't had the rub of the green and sickening to think we could of all but had that spot sown up after the previous 2, but we move on I guess. Play like that in the play offs you stand a chance. 

Proud of how they played tonight and if we had anything about us in the box we would be pushing right up there.

Likely to be another run of the mill season but this manager needs to be backed! It's as simple as that! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nic81 said:

Got to give Leonard a go in the next two games. It can’t be any worse. I still have some small hope for the last two games if we do that and we show the desire we did tonight. 

I don't know why you do. The way things are going, we could win both games and still not go up. There are four teams that, if two of them do the same and win their remaining games, would go up ahead of us. Knowing our luck, that would happen even if we won our last two.

I have this horrible feeling looking at the form guide that Tony Smug Cunt Mowbray's Sunderland side, who are barely back up from League One, will make the playoffs in his first season there after he fannied around for years here barely threatening them. FUCK FOOTBALL, I'm SICK of it!

• Like 7

Just now, booth said:

Oh well, it’ll be sweet seeing them fall.

We’ve outplayed three teams and been cheated in two, only 2 points better off.

If only we could bring on a £4m player when we’re struggling against a team. 

The people to blame are off the pitch. I hope Rovers fans never let them forget it. Never forget when Venkys, Waggott and co allowed this to happen.

They will fall soon probably  next season and Kompany will be long gone 😁😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnD said:

No moaning, no scapegoats tonight.

Well played, everyone! 

I’d say Broughton and Venkys are decent scapegoats, and whatever that pricks name was who couldn’t get a fax back (Silverster?)

Hedges, Dolan, Brereton - could have added on 40 and we wouldn’t score. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

For what it's worth I think it'll be Leeds, Forest and Southampton... so not quite as bad, but this is two seasons in a row where we've let a golden opportunity slip through our fingers. 

We would be better off with Bournemouth going down than Leeds ..

5 minutes ago, JohnD said:

No moaning, no scapegoats tonight.

Well played, everyone! 

Other than the ref. 

Tbh. the biggest disappointments was versus Coventry and PNE for me. It's been a cruel few games with little reward, but I believe in this project and think we'll be a side to reckon with next season. Not giving up all hope of reaching the play-offs yet but it's not looking likely.

• Like 2

The two relegations were ridiculously painful, but this has been the most gut wrenching week since that lot rocked up over a decade ago. All that hope evaporated in the space of a week. And in those circumstances. To top It off that lot winning the league at Ewood. 

I genuinely feel sick, and am so tired of it all.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I don't know why you do. The way things are going, we could win both games and still not go up. There are four teams that, if two of them do the same and win their remaining games, would go up ahead of us. Knowing our luck, that would happen even if we won our last two.

I have this horrible feeling looking at the form guide that Tony Smug Cunt Mowbray's Sunderland side, who are barely back up from League One, will make the playoffs in his first season there after he fannied around for years here barely threatening them. FUCK FOOTBALL, I'm SICK of it!

Been there my ftiend

Don't be disheartened. We fought and gave a good account of ourselves. Benson was the difference. We were the better side, overall, but unfortunately, a moment of Premier League quality gave them the win.

My biggest worry is that JDT stays in summer. A modest budget, no more contract worries, and I think we'll be serious contenders next season. I have hope that tonight will be a distant memory after next season.

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

It was deliberately sabotaged by our own senior management.

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

As poor as the referees are in the Championship VAR should be happening.

That handball could be worth millions..

Probably be introduced soon, too late to help us. That's how things usually go. Champions League qualification not just being the champions came in too late to help us (we'd have had two further qualifications under current rules), FFP came in nearly as soon as it could screw us, reduced protection for lower league clubs against their youngsters being poached came in at the worst time for us, Sky money always seems to improve hugely after we go down, etc etc etc etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Small hope, small, small hope.