BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson has overseen a terrible run when it matters which is being viewed totally differently to when Mowbray did it and he probably will get less points over a season.

Of course it's being viewed differently. It's his first season in charge and he's not talking about our fate with total indifference. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Wharton was comfortably the best player on the pitch - the only way they could get near him was when they fouled him. Which they did, repeatedly.

Small consolation, admittedly, but we developed that one ourselves and for all their parachute millions and much-vaunted “elite manager in the making” the best they could come up with at half time was “kick him.” Too good for them and looked unfazed while being so, one in a long line of players we’ve brought through. Best they’ve ever brought through is one-in-four charity case Jay Rodriguez, I believe.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

.....and yet, despite that litany of despair, we were the better team. 

The better team is the one that scores more goals than the other in my opinion. It’s was a close fought match and our total lack of fire power meant that much like in the league, we couldn’t compete. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

One things for sure he's no leader and should be nowhere near the Captains armband.

If JDT is as ruthless as I think he is (and is still here!) I suspect he'll be looking to move Travis on in the summer.

He's a good Championship player, but he's not technical enough to play in a 2 man midfield.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

.....and yet, despite that litany of despair, we were the better team. 

Were we ?  we didn't create a single chance all night. No point having the ball and doing nothin with it.

At any point in the match did you honestly think we were going to win it ?

• Like 3

Proud of the effort but that's about it. We didn't really outplay them as they allowed us to play that way. They just picked us off which u can do when u have superior players. Too many passengers. Wharton was fantastic again.  Szmodics played ok. I thought Brittain improved us over Pickering.  I really don't think Leonard will be at the required level. Wharton looked quality from the moment he touched the ball against Blackpool last year.  Leonard looks another trier but I'm not sure he's got the required skill level.  Burnley are everything we're not behind the scenes. A well run club 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Yeah it's baffling and again shared blame, he has not been anywhere near good enough. As a collective we've fallen short. Then again, does 2 wins get us the playoffs? Actually think it might 👀

He was a surprise, for us and opponents. In form and scored on the break. From the run of play he has one move, cut in from the left and shoot…hasn’t been able/allowed to do that in months. Once opponents figured that out his goals dried up. 

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

The better team is the one that scores more goals than the other in my opinion. It’s was a close fought match and our total lack of fire power meant that much like in the league, we couldn’t compete. 

You are confusing better team with winning team. They scored and won but we were the better team.

If you couldn't see that you should give up.

• Like 9

All the Burnley’s players went running after final whistle. Just seen a video of JRC tripping up Jack Cork as he runs past 😂

No idea how he didnt get a red. The tackle on Dolan was a shocker and just seen it back, two feet off the ground. Baffling

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You have just assassinated the whole performance there, a performance in which we were the better team. 

Each to their own I guess.

I think we had the two best performers in Wharton and Szmodics, but we weren’t the better team. They were better defensively and offensively than us. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The Venkys reign manages to stoop to new lows. 

Talk about pride and progression. We have just allowed Burnley to do the double over us, go 30 points ahead and win the league at our ground. We have failed to win in the last 7 games at the business end of the season, slipping right down and almost certainly into another play off less season. Another summer of dumbing down and just filling gaps with kids will apparently lead to further progression though.

Tomasson has overseen a terrible run when it matters which is being viewed totally differently to when Mowbray did it and he probably will get less points over a season.

He wasn't given £12m to sign 2 fucking useless strikers. 

• Like 2

In some ways I felt we played worse first half of the season, but got better results / more luck. 

Last quarter has felt like lady luck has completely been against us, ever since the O'brien transfer fell through (which lets face it, despite being ineptitude was also bad luck). VAR would have given us 4 extra point in the last three games. Plus a couple of reds? but we haven't played great either.

Three sucker punchers in a row... can't believe it. Awful refereeing mixed with a blunt strike force. Just hard to watch.

Silver lining is amazingly we're still in it. Luton will probs take their foot off the gas as soon as sheffield united pick up a point.. 4 points could do it??

edit.. I turned it off (in wales today) so didn't see Burnley celebrating.. almost forgot, gods sakes even worse, Barnes has got to be up there with most hated players ever. scumbag and bet he handballed on purpose.

Edited by DackDackGoose

Just now, J*B said:

They scored with their only shot on target. They had the luck that's deserted us. They also have about 4 wingers who would walk into our team, because they can afford them. We matched/bettered them on every metric possible, except the excellent strike that won it for them.

We more than competed. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Were we ?  we didn't create a single chance all night. No point having the ball and doing nothin with it.

At any point in the match did you honestly think we were going to win it ?

image.png.64e50ef8226c8dc6c4c64feca8717e5e.png

Our lack of cutting edge let us down. Nothing else. We were the better team. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

They scored with their only shot on target. They had the luck that's deserted us. They also have about 4 wingers who would walk into our team, because they can afford them. We matched/bettered them on every metric possible, except the excellent strike that won it for them.

We more than competed. 

Just to be clear you watched tonight and thought we defended better than they did and had more attacking threat than they did? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Proud of the effort but that's about it. We didn't really outplay them as they allowed us to play that way. They just picked us off which u can do when u have superior players. Too many passengers. Wharton was fantastic again.  Szmodics played ok. I thought Brittain improved us over Pickering.  I really don't think Leonard will be at the required level. Wharton looked quality from the moment he touched the ball against Blackpool last year.  Leonard looks another trier but I'm not sure he's got the required skill level.  Burnley are everything we're not behind the scenes. A well run club 

i don`t know how you judge a player after 5 minutes(leonard),at least give him 5/10 games before you start on him

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He wasn't given £12m to sign 2 fucking useless strikers. 

He bought 3 for 15m to be fair. One nearly recouped that on his own. We could have made a profit on another if we were run properly but even then, he scored 20 odd last season but hasnt been used the same this. Gallagher I will give you.

8 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Exactly. Cold hard facts, it was men against boys ans I can't imagine much improvement next season.

The championship this year has been poor and we had a chace to make an impact. The failure in the January window was always going to have an impact. Once again, we are letting valuable players walk away for free at the end of the season. 

Tonight just highlighted how far behind we are.

We are going nowhere with these owners.

Men against boys?!

We played them off the park.

Pickering foolishly fell for the only dummy Benson has and he curled their one shot of the game into the corner of the net. 

There's nothing valuable about Dack and Ayala at this point - they're both ready for the knackers yard. Brereton-Diaz has been tripe for 6 months too. 

We say the Championship is poor every year - which it is, bar the top 2 or 3 teams. 

• Like 1