BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

Wait is he talking about Gallagher here? Sam Gallagher?

We missed him today.

No outlet, nobody doing the hard yards.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT was failed by those above him.

My fear is he's getting his digs in cos he knows he's off. 

He would be perfectly in his rights to do so, let down badly from above ..

I have serious concerns about his ability has a manager but I wouldn't blame if he leaves for pastures new ...

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What is it about JDT that you think it would be a massive disaster if he left?

Genuine question as I'm open to be convinced BUT I'm  not really seeing it at the moment. As the poster above says, irrespective of quality or lack thereof, it seems incomprehensible that we could be nonchalantly knocking the ball about at the back at one down with minutes remaining of a must win game.

That's not really for me I'm afraid, a lack of quality you can forgive, a lack of desire you can not.

Don't think I've said it would be a massive disaster if he left tbf! By saying it doesn't bode well, I just meant it looks like he may be done here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

JDT full of shite. Yes we needed a recognised striker but any chance of being a bit more creative Jon???? Dolan, BBD, Dack, SS,  Gallagher, Leonard, Hedges, Thomas are all attackers. JRC very dangerous getting forward. Ayala and Hyam very good in the air. Short corners and playing it around at the back ain't going to solve your lack of goals.

Not enough goals from any of those players. It happened last year under a different manager. The only constant has been the dickheads in the boardroom.

You look at the other teams around us and they all have players that can get you three points when you aren't at your best. The only one we have capable of that has been holidaying in Villareal since December.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Genuine question as I'm open to be convinced BUT I'm  not really seeing it at the moment. As the poster above says, irrespective of quality or lack thereof, it seems incomprehensible that we could be nonchalantly knocking the ball about at the back at one down with minutes remaining of a must win game.

That's not really for me I'm afraid, a lack of quality you can forgive, a lack of desire you can not.

You've nailed it here. Absolutely spot on.

• Like 2

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, booth said:

He's talking about the striker he was told he was getting in January.

OK, was confused by this directly above it:

"When you’re at this stage of the season you would want your only senior No.9 Sam Gallagher to be involved in every game."

Just now, BigBar said:

No it's definitely not priority. I agree with you on Travis. Disappointing as really thought he was going to be top class. Just looks very limited these days, such a shame.

He’d be a steady player lower down the league. If he was a starter at Rotherham I don’t think we’d all be calling for his signing this summer for example. 

• Like 2

The problem we have is two fold easy to fix but will cost money. The backcourt okay it sideways because apart from Adam no one is moving off the ball and looking for the ball so hence there have wait and play it either sideways or backwards and out forwards are to  say the least not good enough. However  playing two big forwards outward and a one forward though the middle goes to me seems a bit daft.

So next season we need better midfield and forwards and that will cost, will it happen I doubt it but who know we can but hope 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Gav said:

We missed him today.

No outlet, nobody doing the hard yards.

Yeah but we need somebody who scores goals regularly. Gallagher only has one more than Dack/Szmodics and two more than Dolan. Not sure you can call him somebody who is "used to scoring goals". 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Because they will appoint a bottom of the barrel yes man next.

• Like 7

Games like today with fine margins you need a strong and competent referee. Unfortunately we once again saw a weak performance from the officials.

The only thing more annoying to me than a referee unwilling to clamp down on timewasting from the opposition is one who repeatedly signals as though he is aware of it and as though he is planning on adding time on for it, and then when it comes to the crunch he fails to add any time on for it. A triple whammy of not only failing to nip it in the bud during the game, not giving the required time on at the end but also paying lip service by pointing at his watch all afternoon for no reason.

Maybe one day we'll get the time we deserve when we are on top and chasing a winner at home. Too many times this season we just get the bog standard 4 minutes and weak officials letting the game drift away.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Yeah but we need somebody who scores goals regularly. Gallagher only has one more than Dack/Szmodics and two more than Dolan. Not sure you can call him somebody who is "used to scoring goals". 

Agreed.

23 minutes ago, BigBar said:

No one is gonna sue you 🤣 Message me privately if you feel more comfortable with that?

I pretty much said it in an earlier post.

Don't be surprised if we separate the wheat from the chaff and keep the chaff.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Nah, you won't. I'll start - Steve Waggott is an absolute charlatan, stealing a living from this great club, with the business acumen of a dead slug. He's a conman, utterly inept at his job.

Nothing to be afraid of.

Ably assisted by the trash that is Sylvester, Fielder, Mr. Knows Where The Skeletons Are Cheston

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Nah, you won't. I'll start - Steve Waggott is an absolute charlatan, stealing a living from this great club, with the business acumen of a dead slug. He's a conman, utterly inept at his job.

Nothing to be afraid of.

According to the accounts he was paid £300k a couple of seasons ago. Wow just wow 😟

• Like 1

What a game full of mixed emotions today for me

Thought we played well first half and good in some good areas and Pickering has to score. We control the game and Luton offered very little first half. 

Second half, we started very poorly and got what we deserved. Our heads went down quickly and we struggled afterwards even with Thomas and Dack coming on. I felt Leonard should have come on at the same down and give us a player who would run in behind. When he came on he gave us something different and he made a great run and win us a corner. Thomas put in a great ball straight on the Carter who scored his first goal for Rovers! Delighted for him. Then Szmodics with a great strike and hit the bar and instead of bouncing off the bar and in and bounce outwards. The bar is still rocking now. 

Now its out of our hands but we can still get the playoff place. I still will belief in this team of players and our head coach JDT until we can't get that place.  The final day will be interesting and nervous. Rovers need to get an early goal and then it will be interesting from them onwards. 

COYB!!! 🔵

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵!!!

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT was failed by those above him.

My fear is he's getting his digs in cos he knows he's off.

I'd be very surprised if he stays as I believe next season will be much more difficult in terms of recruitment and also players outgoing.

• Like 1

Simply not good enough, lucky to scab a draw to prolong the inevitable. I said before the Sheff Utd game, such a great opportunity for a memorable season. 0 wins in 9 since, pathetic. Even if we win next week, we match Mowbrays points total.

Why do people think next season will be any difference? What if we get into a similar position, would people expect many of the same players to push on rather than falter?

How bad is Dolan by the way? @chaddyrovers youd genuinely have him up top? So poor, so thick, so weak. 

• Like 7