BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Do you remember that fateful day in May, at Bristol. Preston fucked it up.

I remember the song, too young to remember the actual scenario....I remember a bunch of Swansea fans on the motorway or something.....

Edited by Sparks Rover

24 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I'm befuddled by anybody calling for JDT's head. Have you lost yours?

Join the club, I have been baffled and confused by some people calling JDT's head. I just don't understand what people want. This is JDT first season in the championship and we had a season that people didn't expect and 2 very good cup runs. JDT need quality signings and that is over to you Gregg Broughton now to deliver them. 

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Games like today with fine margins you need a strong and competent referee. Unfortunately we once again saw a weak performance from the officials.

The only thing more annoying to me than a referee unwilling to clamp down on timewasting from the opposition is one who repeatedly signals as though he is aware of it and as though he is planning on adding time on for it, and then when it comes to the crunch he fails to add any time on for it. A triple whammy of not only failing to nip it in the bud during the game, not giving the required time on at the end but also paying lip service by pointing at his watch all afternoon for no reason.

Maybe one day we'll get the time we deserve when we are on top and chasing a winner at home. Too many times this season we just get the bog standard 4 minutes and weak officials letting the game drift away.

I agree and I was annoyed and baffled by just 4 minutes when you had the number of subs made and Luton's time wasting which I still don't understand why they were time wasting at all in the game. 

Fans are being sold short by refs not adding on the correct amount of adding time in the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Simply not good enough, lucky to scab a draw to prolong the inevitable. I said before the Sheff Utd game, such a great opportunity for a memorable season. 0 wins in 9 since, pathetic. Even if we win next week, we match Mowbrays points total.

Why do people think next season will be any difference? What if we get into a similar position, would people expect many of the same players to push on rather than falter?

How bad is Dolan by the way? @chaddyrovers youd genuinely have him up top? So poor, so thick, so weak. 

I'll tell you what, Sam Burns is better than Dolan. How is Brereton being picked ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Games like today with fine margins you need a strong and competent referee. Unfortunately we once again saw a weak performance from the officials.

The only thing more annoying to me than a referee unwilling to clamp down on timewasting from the opposition is one who repeatedly signals as though he is aware of it and as though he is planning on adding time on for it, and then when it comes to the crunch he fails to add any time on for it. A triple whammy of not only failing to nip it in the bud during the game, not giving the required time on at the end but also paying lip service by pointing at his watch all afternoon for no reason.

Maybe one day we'll get the time we deserve when we are on top and chasing a winner at home. Too many times this season we just get the bog standard 4 minutes and weak officials letting the game drift away.

He's a PL referee, apparently. He was terrible, like all the rest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Do you remember that fateful day in May, at Bristol. Preston fucked it up.

It was on that famous Saturday, the second day of May, we met a bunch of Swansea fans on the motorway………… Preston fucked it up ☹️

What a tortuous day that was at Eastville.

51 minutes ago, BigBar said:

What you on about a lie down? It's an opinion, didn't go in on him did I? It is debatable for me. Is that ok with you? I have watched every game this season. 

He's one of our most improved players and has barely put a foot wrong given his age, it's a very very odd opinion to have.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

BTW Leicester v Everton is a cracker.

Vardy still has the electric pace and finish.

No he doesn't, that's why he's scored so few goals this year. 

Lovely goal today, but he's a shell of his former self. 

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

He's one of our most improved players and has barely put a foot wrong given his age, it's a very very odd opinion to have.

I said debatable. Not sure why you took exception to that? The only very very odd thing about this whole exchange is your reaction to it. Completely over the top and dramatic. 

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Q: "A lot of the fans are reflecting back on January, is it hard to get away from that, and can you understand that point of view?

JDT: "We all know what happened in the January window, there's no need for me to talk about it. Fans are clever."

I feel really sorry for him - he's the best manager we've had since being relegated from the PL and he simply hasn't been backed.

We play some lovely football and a good number of players have improved dramatically under his guidance - I'll be sad to see him go in the summer.

• Like 9

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

He's the only manager of the last 10 years that's taken our involvement in the play-off race to the last game of the season. 

I hate this framing. This framing implies we've fought for where we are. The actual facts are, since they first started talking about "cup finals" and "big games" at the FA cup QF, we have won ZERO games. A SINGLE win in any of those and we're probably in the play-offs. Yet again we had a massive advantage and completely and totally bottled it.

Instead, we have to watch this turgid, lethargic, tippy tappy football with absolutely no urgency to suggest that we actually want promotion. Taking the table out of context completely distorts what has actually happened.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Even the TV folk are deceived with a few braids and stepovers......one of the least effective players in the squad....

And you would like him to do what while being played as a false 9 against 3 central defenders while Diaz is standing around on the left halfway line picking his arse and Hedges nowhere to be seen? play him on the left in place of Diaz and he is more than capable

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Simply not good enough, lucky to scab a draw to prolong the inevitable. I said before the Sheff Utd game, such a great opportunity for a memorable season. 0 wins in 9 since, pathetic. Even if we win next week, we match Mowbrays points total.

Why does it matter whether match Mowbray's points total when our team has been different this season and the league has 6 different teams in it compare to last season

Why do people think next season will be any difference? What if we get into a similar position, would people expect many of the same players to push on rather than falter?

JDT has had a year in the league, understand the league plus we put in the recruitment team in place and done the scouting and research that wasn't there last summer. 

Players will learn from this situation and not let it affect them again. Players and JDT won't want to experience this again. 

How bad is Dolan by the way? @chaddyrovers youd genuinely have him up top? So poor, so thick, so weak. 

just as bad as BBD who hasn't look interested, committed and weak in challenges but no comment on that yet again.. Maybe Leonard should have started, lets hope Gallagher is back next week for the Millwall game

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I hate this framing. This framing implies we've fought for where we are. The actual facts are, since they first started talking about "cup finals" and "big games" at the FA cup QF, we have won ZERO games. A SINGLE win in any of those and we're probably in the play-offs. Yet again we had a massive advantage and completely and totally bottled it.

Instead, we have to watch this turgid, lethargic, tippy tappy football with absolutely no urgency to suggest that we actually want promotion. Taking the table out of context completely distorts what has actually happened.

How can you take the table out of context after 45 games? 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I feel really sorry for him - he's the best manager we've had since being relegated from the PL and he simply hasn't been backed.

We play some lovely football and a good number of players have improved dramatically under his guidance - I'll be sad to see him go in the summer.

He's had some backing; the signings of Brittain,Hyam and Szmodics will have cost in the region of £4.5m.

• Like 5