BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season 2023/24…what’s in store ?

51 minutes ago, philipl said:

The money has gone in as share capital not debt.

Ffp is a thing and we had a transfer ban as a result of it. 

Stadium and pitch upgrades are an issue but are decisions taken by SWAG on allocation of funds given him.

Why does the debt increase every year then?

The club owes hundreds of millions to venkys.

Ffp is something all clubs have to deal with. Rovers are the only club I can think of that doesn't do anything to help relieve the pressure of it.

The lack of maintenance has been going on for 12 years. How this can be solely down to maggot I don't know. 

1 hour ago, philipl said:

More than 12 players going this summer?

We're losing diaz, dack and ayala. More key players. 

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the owners though. 

Should they ever return to these shores will you be one of those standing in line to lick their boots?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure, I am not sure if we can play with a possession style or have the players to do so. The talk is about whether the current possession style a season in is showing a tangible improvment in regards to results and it doesnt seem to be, but obviously things aren't as clear cut and the summer will see an overhaul of players anyway.

I think we have improved overall in terms of performances and what I watched over this season through my own eyes. 

what overhaul of players are you expecting? 

2 hours ago, philipl said:

More than 12 players going this summer?

Crazy talk. I expect 5 or 6 signings top this summer and also depending on sales aswell

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Ffp is something all clubs have to deal with. Rovers are the only club I can think of that doesn't do anything to help relieve the pressure of it.

The lack of maintenance has been going on for 12 years. How this can be solely down to maggot I don't know. 

Should they ever return to these shores will you be one of those standing in line to lick their boots?

The money from India is put in to Venkys London Ltd in the form of share capital. That company then puts the money received in to football club in the form of debt. As at 30 June 2022 the debt from the club stood at £144m. Since that date there appears to have been a further £2.3m put in from India which presumably has been passed on to the club. From time to time debt outstanding by the club is converted in to equity - effectively writing off the debt.

Challenge for automatic promotion, get promoted through the play-offs. The extra money for the three play-off games makes up for abismal season ticket sales, Waggott meets his financial target.

Edited by rigger

6 hours ago, philipl said:

I will put my 23/4 bid in.

If we keep the GB/JDT combination we will get automatic promotion. 

And I don't care who comes down, I am sticking with that at 8.58 on 10 May 2023.

This side needs investment in quality Players to reach the next level Philipl,hope is there but needs the full financial input of our owners.The buck stops with them..Champagne tastes with Beer money?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, philipl said:

The money has gone in as share capital not debt.

Ffp is a thing and we had a transfer ban as a result of it. 

Stadium and pitch upgrades are an issue but are decisions taken by SWAG on allocation of funds given him.

That last sentence seemingly is nonsense. I know his word is hardly gospel but he specifically said that the owners had initially given the green light to fund a necessary pitch revamp, but then decided against it down the line due to financial reasons.

FFP is a thing and the owners you consider to be amongst the very best in the division have massively limited and hindered us with their stupidity in refusing to accept bids for players whose contracts are running down.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Have a look at the accounts then

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That last sentence seemingly is nonsense. I know his word is hardly gospel but he specifically said that the owners had initially given the green light to fund a necessary pitch revamp, but then decided against it down the line due to financial reasons.

FFP is a thing and the owners you consider to be amongst the very best in the division have massively limited and hindered us with their stupidity in refusing to accept bids for players whose contracts are running down.

A little thing called covid

7 hours ago, philipl said:

A little thing called covid

How come other clubs haven't been affected by Covid as much as we have? Most clubs reported an upturn in season tickets and commercial income but all Waggott has done is nice behind it. Didn't the errant ones cover all the staff wages anyway?

• Like 4

For me, the first question is "Will JDT still be here in mid-August?" If not, I guess we're fooked; back on the merry-go-round of previously failed Championship Managers and more or less destined - maybe not next season, but inevitably ‐ to follow Blackpool and Wigan Pathetic to Division Three‐really. And from there, who knows??

And who'll grieve? Certainly not our owners who are so proud of owning an English Premier League club that they never show their faces within 4,000 Miles of Blackburn.  Nor time-servers like Waggott.

No; the only ones who'll grieve as Rovers suffer death by 1,000 cuts will be me and the "mates I've never met" (with the honourable exceptions of Bazza, Leonard Venkhater & Russ) on here.

Edited by R0verb0y
How could I have forgotten Russ?? Apologies!
  • Like 4

They gave bowyer or was it Kean a big wad of money for a star striker signing.  They gave Mowbray a big wad of money for a big striker signing.  The least they can do is give the best manager we've had under them a big wad of cash for a desperately needed forward signing 

• Like 7