BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

Leeds being linked with Gerrard, Corberan, Parker and Carvalhal in media reports this morning.  

Gerrard is also being linked with Leicester job which I think is better club to take over when you consider the problems at Leeds. Like the ownership issue, No director of football in place

My worry with the Corberan link to Leeds United is that, if they get him, I can imagine West Bromwich Albion would be tempted by Tomasson. In an ideal world, Rovers would extend Tomasson's contract for another year or two. It's a risk, but that's football, and I think the uncertainty surrounding Tomasson is going to be damaging if this drags on for another month or two.

Give the man a new contract and let's move forward without the speculation.

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Leeds being linked with Gerrard, Corberan, Parker and Carvalhal in media reports this morning.  

Gerrard is also being linked with Leicester job which I think is better club to take over when you consider the problems at Leeds. Like the ownership issue, No director of football in place

And JDT.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Gerrard 😁

Bloody hell, have clubs learnt nowt from Lamps?

But if a parachute club wants to go down that road I’m all for it!

Gerrard is a significantly better manager than Lampard, but their playing careers have them tied together reputationally. 

Both reaped the benefits of being big names and were touted for jobs they were yet to earn. Remember Gerrard being the heir to Klopp 😂

But at the same time that hype is now proving costly for Gerrard, with the theory that his managerial career is only down to his name. He's shown some promise as a manager previously, but failed at Villa. Leicester would be the perfect club for him to rebuild his reputation. I think he could be successful there.

Lampard on the other hand... I'll be surprised if he ever manages again. He's a chain of clichés, says the right things, but is utterly clueless. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, goozburger said:

My worry with the Corberan link to Leeds United is that, if they get him, I can imagine West Bromwich Albion would be tempted by Tomasson. In an ideal world, Rovers would extend Tomasson's contract for another year or two. It's a risk, but that's football, and I think the uncertainty surrounding Tomasson is going to be damaging if this drags on for another month or two.

Give the man a new contract and let's move forward without the speculation.

WBA is in huge financial mess with owner taking loans out against the club and their CEO have just left them. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Steven Gerrard would see the Leicester City job as a club where he can rebuild his reputation and achieve something with them. Whether he gets the job I don't know but it does appear to be candidate for the job

Do you think he could achieve something? I don't but I would like to see teams at our level appoint poor managers so I am all for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you think he could achieve something? I don't but I would like to see teams at our level appoint poor managers so I am all for that.

Yes he could if he gets promotion will them. I don't think he is poor manager but his management move need to the right one. 

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Birmingham City could get £5m+ if Jude Bellingham goes to Real Madrid, reportedly for a fee in excess of €100m (article here). They're due 5% of the total transfer fee if he is sold.

Offset by the £30m they received as a transfer fee. Still, as a Birmingham fan you'd have hoped they'd have been able to negotiate to a minimum of 10%

19 minutes ago, unsall said:

So next season in EFL no more towels to dry ball, sensible decision, also back to multi balls 

dotted round the ground, let’s see who use gamesmanship like Luton away did a couple of seasons ago.

As you rightly say it's a sensible decision. Hopefully the multi ball will be the spare balls on cones dotted around the pitch rather than young kids giving spare balls to players. Hopefully the referees have a unified approach to time wasting and add every second of lost time to negate the spoiling tactics of some teams.