BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

On 05/06/2023 at 19:59, philipl said:

The Foxes officially let go out of contract stars Youri Tielemans, Daniel Amartey, Ayoze Perez, Caglar Soyuncu, Papy Mendy, Ryan Bertrand and loanee Tete.

Rodgers dropping Soyuncu was an absolute madness

They brought in that Faes as a replacement. Imo he is a walking disaster. We walked all over him in the FA Cup and made him look a serious mug. On the flip side, Soyuncu always looked calm and collected, and it appears will get a move to Athletico Madrid. Simeone doesn't sign idiots

• Like 5

4 hours ago, unsall said:

So next season in EFL no more towels to dry ball, sensible decision, also back to multi balls 

dotted round the ground, let’s see who use gamesmanship like Luton away did a couple of seasons ago.

great decision but its the time wasting and not adding on the correct amount of injury time that annoys me more. 

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Rodgers dropping Soyuncu was an absolute madness

They brought in that Faes as a replacement. Imo he is a walking disaster. We walked all over him in the FA Cup and made him look a serious mug. On the flip side, Soyuncu always looked calm and collected, and it appears will get a move to Athletico Madrid. Simeone doesn't sign idiots

spot on and I don't understand why Rodgers dropped Soyuncu but I think its was because he was leaving and Rodgers questioned his commitment. 

It will be interesting to see who gets appoint there. 

"MULTIBALL / TOWELS 

The EFL will introduce a multiball system in all its competitions for the 2023/24 season. Match balls will be placed on cones in designated areas at pitch side to help increase the time of the ball being in play. Meanwhile, Clubs will no longer be permitted to use towels or other articles, including items obtained from spectators to dry footballs during matches."

Both good moves.

• Like 3

Who was it we played away over lockdown & Tom Trybull walked round the ground after being substituted booting all the balls off the cones into the empty stands to slow the game down as we were winning at the time? I thought it was hilarious!

I seem to recall that there was almost a bust up between the benches because of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Who was it we played away over lockdown & Tom Trybull walked round the ground after being substituted booting all the balls off the cones into the empty stands to slow the game down as we were winning at the time? I thought it was hilarious!

I seem to recall that there was almost a bust up between the benches because of it.

It was at Millwall. It would have been interesting had he done it in front of their baying hordes 😂😂

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think either Parker or Farke will get the Leeds job and either Gerrard or Smith for Leicester.

Bringing this over here so the JDT thread doesn't go off-topic.

You're not allowed Daniel Farke for the Leeds United job because I mentioned him first! Your response was that Carlos Corberan would get that job, so you have to stick with him. It's the rules. Daniel Farke for the Leeds United job. You saw it here first.

As for Leicester City... I'll go for Brendan Rodgers. 😁 Only joking. I'll go for Daniel Farke. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Bringing this over here so the JDT thread doesn't go off-topic.

You're not allowed Daniel Farke for the Leeds United job because I mentioned him first! Your response was that Carlos Corberan would get that job, so you have to stick with him. It's the rules. Daniel Farke for the Leeds United job. You saw it here first.

As for Leicester City... I'll go for Brendan Rodgers. 😁 Only joking. I'll go for Daniel Farke. 😄

if the previous owner had remain in charge then Corberan in my opinion. Now I think they go Farke or Parker for Leeds

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do hope that Leicester go for Gerrard. Usually, at least one of the relegated sides struggles to adapt and thrive when they come down. Appointing a poor manager will only increase that chance.

Its depends how Gerrard has learnt from the Villa disappointment and will be interest if he does take the job there 

19 hours ago, roverandout said:

According to stats last season the championship was the 5th best attended league in Europe 

It’ll move up a couple of places with the teams in it next season, Leeds, Leicester, Sheffield Wed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Giant said:

It’ll move up a couple of places with the teams in it next season, Leeds, Leicester, Sheffield Wed.

Not to mention a few they've replaced. Luton (lowest in the league). Blackpool (fourth lowest). Reading (fifth lowest).

Incidentally, we were the seventh lowest.

• Like 1

I get a vague sense that there is a desire for 'real football/sport' and the top teams are being seen like a trip to the West End. The average attendance at Coventry RFU seems to increase every season since I started going, attendances in the divisions below the Premier League are generally doing well despite the economic clusterfuck, and rugby League is probably well attended.

Shame we have an absolutely useless, moribund and failing administration and marketing department that seems intent on killing support and grass roots involvement.

On 10/06/2023 at 16:06, chaddyrovers said:

I think either Parker or Farke will get the Leeds job and either Gerrard or Smith for Leicester.

On 10/06/2023 at 17:08, roversfan99 said:

I do hope that Leicester go for Gerrard.

According to Pete O'Rourke, Gerrard is going over to Saudi Arabia for talks to manage over there.