BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Girona Friendly - #fanstakeover

I suppose it's how you see it, their right winger was blisteringly quick, a cracking player. A bit much to give Pickering grief because of today's match up. I'd be surprised if he comes up against anyone of that calibre this season. 

On the match as a whole, a Wycombe fan sat in front of us probably summed it up well. He said you played some nice stuff, singling out Szmodics, but you won't play a better team this season. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me, Dolan is more suited to playing on the left in this system. 

Surely you mean left foot? 

I did. I corrected it later. 

In this formation Dolan is more suited on the left as he’s ineffective up front and playing him on the right and letting him cross the ball would be pointless with our forwards. His best games have come in that position.

However they are few and far between and normally against teams than really come on to us. When he has to help break a team down he is ineffective wherever he plays. 

On the left Diaz to Dolan is a huge downgrade. Even Brereton to Dolan is regression. 

On 16/07/2023 at 14:25, R0verb0y said:

I'm gutted that I can't go to this game; a longstanding, slow-healing couple of injuries to my left leg just above the heel (I stopped describing them as "slow-heeling" a long time ago!) prevent me wearing any footwear other than bedsocks. In other circumstances, I'd have been there.

I'm guessing that the actual playing of the music was down to Waggott Enterprises (Very) Limited??

Anyway, I'll be thinking about you all; and hope that the weather's fair, so that anybody local without a leg-itimate😉 excuse like mine; or who had already booked their holidays for the close season - that's what it's there for(!) ‐ will be there.

I'm gutted that I couldn't make it - it sounds like everybody enjoyed themselves - but quite heartened by the comments on here.

I was really quite pessimistic before the game, but at least I can quote the comparison with Real Madrid in my usual Sunday morning WhatsApp chat with my old schoolmate in NZ who follows The Dingles!

Edited by R0verb0y
Inserting a second paragraph.
  • Like 2

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

My new bestie…😆

IMG_0005.png

IMG_9966.jpeg

Nice photo, but you can tell just from looking at it that one of those in the frame has no interest in the real Blackburn Rovers.

Not fit to shine John Williams' shoes, and nothing short of an astoundingly poor track record. You could employ the waste paper bin for less, and still get more value for money than the fans do from La Cretin.

VENKYS OUT!

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Didnt learn much today that we didnt already know. Girona were far, far better than us as youd expect, some of their play was levels above. Blind a class act, both wingers especially number 31 toyed with us. Rankin Costello looked like hed got injured he was run so ragged.

We know the attacking side of our game is non existent. Leonard will struggle in the Championship, just a boy really without any physical presence, when he bulks out maybe that instinct will really come to the fore down the line. Markanday gifted an easy goal but otherwise bar working hard I thought struggled. And Dolan isnt up to it as we know.

Thought giving Ennis 4 minutes was bizarre but he looks overweight. No game time which is hopefully why on his chance to run in behind and show his supposed pace, he looked like he was going in slow motion.

Any news on Gallagher and Hedges?

We very much watched different games.

22 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Ennis getting 4 minutes in a friendly was pretty ridiculous to be fair! Looked ok when he came on to be fair! 

I think he only came on because JDT had promised he'd "get 20 minutes" earlier this week.

Leonard wasn't looking tired at all, and is probably going to have to start at #9 next week, which is why the change came so late. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

On 26/07/2023 at 08:30, Herbie6590 said:

At the moment it’s just us wearing the gear…partly to identify us as the stallholders but also to test out the interest if anyone fancies buying some. Your replies make it more likely we’ll do something…

If there is sufficient interest - we really would need a minimum of 10 orders - we can add these to our range of merch that we sell on here.

So if anyone else likes the look of it - add a comment on here then I can contact our suppliers…🔵   @tomphil @Polky

Put my name down for one of those FTH tee-shirts, please.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Hasta said:

On the left Diaz to Dolan is a huge downgrade. Even Brereton to Dolan is regression.

The second one definitely isn't true. Brereton scored a princely 1 goal per season in his first two seasons. People are way too harsh on Dolan.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

All looks good gear, but I was particularly interested in the chat of hoodies. 👀

We are thinking of having a different product in a specific sales window…say t shirts first…then hoodies…perhaps fleeces…etc etc 

At the moment fulfilment of the orders is the challenge…it takes a lot of time to pack, address, post etc so having just one product at a time helps logistics 👍🏻

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The second one definitely isn't true. Brereton scored a princely 1 goal per season in his first two seasons. People are way too harsh on Dolan.

Sorry, you’re right about Brereton mark 1.

But the Brereton we had for the second half of the season last year, who was far less effective than in his Diaz patches, still had more presence and influence than Dolan has had in the last 6 months.

As I said earlier in the thread, I think Dolan would be better as a more orthodox right sided wide man. He could approach the full back, do a trick to get a yard of space and put a cross in, or he could come inside and lay it off. At the moment he does get a yard of space but can’t cross on his left foot so he ends up coming inside and laying it off all the time.

For whatever reason, Dolan looks less effective than the one that played for us during the covid season.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Shout out to the crowd today, double the numbers some posters thought 👍 and that is in no small part to the efforts from the Trusts and he posters on here.

I hope everyone enjoyed the day.

• Like 8