BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Girona Friendly - #fanstakeover

Ha obviously, but shows he still hasn’t understood my posts from the other week (no surprise there) as I was giving my full support to a great gesture, but not to let Swag paint say a 3/4k crowd as ‘a failure’ as it would still be an improvement on other Ewood friendlies.

In the end it hit 5k, so even better!

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

My new bestie…😆

IMG_0005.png

IMG_9966.jpeg

That top one is a caption competition if I ever saw one 🙂 

That bottom one is like a scene from Love Island, you bunch of stud muffins you 🙂 

Looks like a very enjoyable and worthwhile day. I'm sure new friends have been made (and not just you and Stevie 🙂)

Great effort by everyone involved. 

• Like 2

Girona are a very good side, easy on the eye and didn't really get of second gear if we're honest; at least a couple of levels above us. Their style is exactly what we should aspire to based on how JDT wants us to play.

They'e the 10th best side in the best league in one of the top 3 or 4 footballing countries in Europe, after all.

A good work out for us though, but unless we add depth and quality, we're going to struggle over the course of a season

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Girona are a very good side, easy on the eye and didn't really get of second gear if we're honest; at least a couple of levels above us. Their style is exactly what we should aspire to based on how JDT wants us to play.

They'e the 10th best side in the best league in one of the top 3 or 4 footballing countries in Europe, after all.

A good work out for us though, but unless we add depth and quality, we're going to struggle over the course of a season

Too many yellow cards to suggest they were just cruising. 

22 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Dancing with the Devil.

They say the devil has all the best tunes 😆

He walked past…he asked pertinent questions…we shared some opinions…1st time I’ve spoken to him. Probably the last as well…🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

I enjoyed it, he moved the ball quickly, neat and tidy passing forward and likes to win it back. Better on the ball than Travis.

I could see him and Travis sitting deeper in behind Wharton being a useful trio but possibly not what we have in mind...

• Like 4

Having proved fairly conclusively that the fans groups can put on a better event than the club have ever managed to do. Is there any plans in the pipeline to do it again?

Perhaps one day do all games. Then who knows one day take care of contracts, transfers, etc. Remove the club officials from all decisions surely the long term goal 😂

• Like 4

Owned by a conglomerate thousands of miles away who use the club as a vehicle for god knows what, and poor quality, lazy execs with zero affinity with Blackburn Rovers running the place day to day so it’s no surprise that Ewood has been allowed to become the stagnant place it has.

Stanley, with just about a four figure number of fans, on a shoestring, show what having passionate people involved can achieve. Yesterday was another example.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Having proved fairly conclusively that the fans groups can put on a better event than the club have ever managed to do. Is there any plans in the pipeline to do it again?

Perhaps one day do all games. Then who knows one day take care of contracts, transfers, etc. Remove the club officials from all decisions surely the long term goal 😂

Pay me £300k p.a. & I’m willing to give it a crack…😆

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

More chance of getting your point across by sharing it though…😉

What was the vibe you got from him. Is he concerned about the funding saga? Is it a long-term problem? Will there be comms on the issue or is what was said at the FF going to be all we're getting?

Is he aware of the poor impression people have of him as CEO, and how detached he is perceived as being?

Any thoughts from him on JDT? Or on transfers?

I realise it may have only been a quick chat but just wondering if there's anything you can share?👍

A Concerned Fan

20 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

What was the vibe you got from him. Is he concerned about the funding saga? Is it a long-term problem? Will there be comms on the issue or is what was said at the FF going to be all we're getting?

Is he aware of the poor impression people have of him as CEO, and how detached he is perceived as being?

Any thoughts from him on JDT? Or on transfers?

I realise it may have only been a quick chat but just wondering if there's anything you can share?👍

A Concerned Fan

Crikey…it was a relatively brief chat in fairness. People who know me are well aware of what I see as the biggest single crisis facing Blackburn Rovers Football Club at the moment…

…The kit design…specifically reversing the halves on the back 😆

More seriously, we were talking about the greater involvement of fans, how that leads to increased engagement, how everyone wins from the collaboration & how it might develop.

As many who have met him will attest, he is disarming in person, very affable and actually enjoyable to talk to. I’d love to get him on the podcast & go full Paxman on him at some point…but yesterday was neither the time nor the place.😉

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

Crikey…it was a relatively brief chat in fairness. People who know me are well aware of what I see as the biggest single crisis facing Blackburn Rovers Football Club at the moment…

…The kit design…specifically reversing the halves on the back 😆

More seriously, we were talking about the greater involvement of fans, how that leads to increased engagement, how everyone wins from the collaboration & how it might develop.

As many who have met him will attest, he is disarming in person, very affable and actually enjoyable to talk to. I’d love to get him on the podcast & go full Paxman on him at some point…but yesterday wasn’t neither the time nor the place.😉

So, it is true, a quick chat, a gaze into his eyes and even the most cynical Rover is putty in his (probably) beautifully manicured hands. 

Farewell Herbie. Another soldier lost to the cause😉

• Like 1