BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Girona Friendly - #fanstakeover

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The music went disastrously despite our (my) best efforts. They didn’t bother playing anything til way too late. This is what it was supposed to look like…

50C2F001-6104-48DB-8363-032FEF400875.thumb.jpeg.71328bd629f8e4a31665155d5da5ae28.jpeg

The playlist and instructions weren’t followed.

Cracking playlist. Always thought life in a northern town should feature. What's chances of playlist being similar going forward?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Songman said:

Cracking playlist. Always thought life in a northern town should feature. What's chances of playlist being similar going forward?

Well seeing as they completely ballsed up today I’m going to push for it to be done properly next week.

I was murderous when I walked into the ground to the sound of the Killers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The music went disastrously despite our (my) best efforts. They didn’t bother playing anything til way too late. This is what it was supposed to look like…

50C2F001-6104-48DB-8363-032FEF400875.thumb.jpeg.71328bd629f8e4a31665155d5da5ae28.jpeg

I was keeping my kids entertained and was outside for most of pre-match, but I did notice one or two crackers.

But that playlist would have been amazing - they need to consider that for next week or beyond.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Sounds like what we all knew - if you try and create an atmosphere and event worth spending money on, Rovers fans will turn up. 

And that if the Rovers fans were the ones running the show week in week out, the product and experience would be a fuck ton better.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Sounds like what we all new - and what should have been addressed this window.  Lack of pace and creativity.  No striker. Poor left back.

In fairness Pickering wasn't fully fit at all, but only way he gets to be is playing games like this, hopefully there's a BCD during the week.

2 minutes ago, deanives said:

Tbh I was disappointed with how slow Ennis looked when he came on, on his one sprint it looked like he was running in treacle, but on the positive side looked composed on the ball when he finally caught up with it

He's looking better than when he first landed despite a certain someone claiming he wasn't out of shape on here eh....

In his defence, he will have been told not to go full throttle on sprints today, it would be silly and injury provoking, it's normal, don't panic.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Looking at some of the songs reminded me of 'Sutty's' (school of dancing for the more mature man) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

That’s a superb playlist with plenty of local links, pity they couldn’t get it right….

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

He's looking better than when he first landed despite a certain someone claiming he wasn't out of shape on here eh....

In his defence, he will have been told not to go full throttle on sprints today, it would be silly and injury provoking, it's normal, don't panic.

Yes definitely not panicking as he looked composed on the ball, just expected him to be quick, 

On the plus point for the game some good little passages of play done to cut through their midfield and then ultimately their defence.

Tronstad looking good and very tidy

Its was good atmosphere in the fan zone area. Different groups interactive with the crowd and its was good. Well done to the people in involved. Disappointed the lack of food options outside the ground but I don't blame the people who organised today

I thought it was good workout for Rovers against a good opposition. It was good watch and enjoyable. Its a pre season friendly but we all know where Rovers are short in terms of attacking options. I will post more in the Transfer thread after. 

Ennis only got 8 mins which I was disappointed by

The Pitch looked in excellent condition 

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

Dolan also a victim of the inverted winger situation. Twice he got down the outside there but he has to cut in cos he’s no right foot.

For me, Dolan is more suited to playing on the left in this system. 

Surely you mean left foot? 

30 minutes ago, deanives said:

Tbh I was disappointed with how slow Ennis looked when he came on, on his one sprint it looked like he was running in treacle, but on the positive side looked composed on the ball when he finally caught up with it

woah, It was his first game of pre season after a full week of training. Maybe hold off for now before writing him off

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

woah, It was his first game of pre season after a full week of training. Maybe hold off for now before writing him off

He isn’t writing him off Chaddy. He clearly said he was disappointed with how slow he was… then followed it up with a positive. 

Didnt learn much today that we didnt already know. Girona were far, far better than us as youd expect, some of their play was levels above. Blind a class act, both wingers especially number 31 toyed with us. Rankin Costello looked like hed got injured he was run so ragged.

We know the attacking side of our game is non existent. Leonard will struggle in the Championship, just a boy really without any physical presence, when he bulks out maybe that instinct will really come to the fore down the line. Markanday gifted an easy goal but otherwise bar working hard I thought struggled. And Dolan isnt up to it as we know.

Thought giving Ennis 4 minutes was bizarre but he looks overweight. No game time which is hopefully why on his chance to run in behind and show his supposed pace, he looked like he was going in slow motion.

Any news on Gallagher and Hedges?

Edited by roversfan99

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

He isn’t writing him off Chaddy. He clearly said he was disappointed with how slow he was… then followed it up with a positive. 

Yes not writing him off at all, I don't think you can have an opinion on how somebody is going to be after 4 minutes of play. I was merely pointing out what he was like.

We are desperately needing another winger and a striker though but that's glaringly obvious, same ad everybody else has pointed out. Past the first 11 we have next to nothing

Let's hope Leonard and the likes of Gilsenan can really step up 

19 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think it was hard to judge a player on very limited number of minutes. 

Maybe Writing him off was wrong word

8 minutes ago, deanives said:

Yes not writing him off at all, I don't think you can have an opinion on how somebody is going to be after 4 minutes of play. I was merely pointing out what he was like.

I deffo agreed that it is hard to have an opinion on Ennis already. I was hoping for 20-25 mins spell for him. 

8 minutes ago, deanives said:

We are desperately needing another winger and a striker though but that's glaringly obvious, same ad everybody else has pointed out. Past the first 11 we have next to nothing

Let's hope Leonard and the likes of Gilsenan can really step up 

We deffo need new signings in and quick

• Like 2