BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Girona Friendly - #fanstakeover

19 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I was worried about him at first though. I was watching on a twitter stream and I loudly exclaimed at how bloody slow he was as I saw him running back during a Girona breakaway. He looked like a hunchback running in quicksand... Then I realised it was Harry Pickering 😂

Pickering's defending was shocking for that goal. Total slug. I know he's slow but come on...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Inferi said:

Pickering's defending was shocking for that goal. Total slug. I know he's slow but come on...

I thought Hyam defended it poorly too. Neither were in good enough positions to deal with the ball across.

On 30/07/2023 at 11:58, Herbie6590 said:

One thing worth noting - every fan group that participated did so with volunteer labour using their accumulated passion, skills, knowledge & energy to devote their spare time to making it a success.

I'm sure many more would engage and give up their time if it really did feel like our club. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

A bit of a follow up, my dad has asked me (rather than me asking him) to go to the match tonight.

Why?

It’s a good price and he enjoyed the atmosphere at the Girona game.

After telling him it probably wouldn’t be the same, as it’s a night match? You’ll love this @Mhead2 @Miller11 @oldjamfan1 and other WATR board members:

’Doesn’t matter, there was some effort put in last time and the price is good. If we support it when they do, maybe they’ll get the message.’

Yes, we’re going.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

A bit of a follow up, my dad has asked me (rather than me asking him) to go to the match tonight.

Why?

It’s a good price and he enjoyed the atmosphere at the Girona game.

After telling him it probably wouldn’t be the same, as it’s a night match? You’ll love this @Mhead2 @Miller11 @oldjamfan1 and other WATR board members:

’Doesn’t matter, there was some effort put in last time and the price is good. If we support it when they do, maybe they’ll get the message.’

Yes, we’re going.

Love it Mike 💙🤍❤️

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/09/2023 at 08:44, Wheelton Blue said:

Out of interest, Girona have made an excellent start to the La Liga season.

They're up to 3rd, level on 13 points with Barca, winning 4 out of 5.

They're still going. Sitting top of La Liga after 11 games. They've played a game more, but even if Real Madrid win El Classico, it will only knock Girona off top spot on goal difference. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 26/07/2023 at 18:13, Dan said:

I’d fancy one of those. What material would it be? A hoodie type thing or waterproof? (I’d probably like both actually! 😂). 

image.jpeg

We've had a sample made up...we'd need 15 orders for it to be "a thing" !  So if we get 14 more likes I'll take deposits & put an order in 😀

It's "fleecy jogging bottom" type material...warm as toast I can confirm...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

image.jpeg

We've had a sample made up...we'd need 15 orders for it to be "a thing" !  So if we get 14 more likes I'll take deposits & put an order in 😀

@Silas  👆This as well...

• Like 1

On 27/10/2023 at 22:25, ben_the_beast said:

They're still going. Sitting top of La Liga after 11 games. They've played a game more, but even if Real Madrid win El Classico, it will only knock Girona off top spot on goal difference. 

I wonder whether the young B team winger who came on at Ewood has made many appearances to date. Would have loved him here on loan, was unplayable that day.

On 07/12/2023 at 14:02, Herbie6590 said:

image.jpeg

That’s very nice ☺️ definitely interested 👍🏻

• Like 2

Interesting to read that Pere Guardiola, brother of Josep, is the chairman and big shareholder of Girona. The club is 47% owned by City Football Group from the UAE, which has stakes or majority ownership in 12 clubs, including Manchester City. I can't make sense of the rules properly, but, according to this article, it seems that UEFA would not object on conflict of interests grounds if City and Girona compete in the Champions League at the same time. It would seem that UEFA look for majority ownership of over 50% before countenancing any issue.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soccer/news/what-happens-girona-champions-league-man-city-owners-uefa/236ae8681989cb520ebd0f24

Edited by riverholmes

18 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Interesting to read that Pere Guardiola, brother of Josep, is the chairman and big shareholder of Girona. The club is 47% owned by City Football Group from the UAE, which has stakes or majority ownership in 12 clubs, including Manchester City. I can't make sense of the rules properly, but, according to this article, it seems that UEFA would not object on conflict of interests grounds if City and Girona compete in the Champions League at the same time. It would seem that UEFA look for majority ownership of over 50% before countenancing any issue.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soccer/news/what-happens-girona-champions-league-man-city-owners-uefa/236ae8681989cb520ebd0f24

I’m sure there’s no connection between these two points. 🙄

• Like 1

On 07/12/2023 at 16:09, Penwortham Blue said:

I wonder whether the young B team winger who came on at Ewood has made many appearances to date. Would have loved him here on loan, was unplayable that day.

I've been sporadically checking their progress as the season has gone on. I don't belive he's even made the bench once this season. Exclusively being used in their B team.

It'd be interesting if we could host a friendly with them next season as well. Strengthen the ties between the clubs. With our style of football a loan or two could be appealing. 

• Like 1