BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Irreverent Transfer Window Thread (& biscuits, bread and any other nonsense to pass the time)

9 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

Deep fried battered jam butty - still a thing? (3rd degree burns a risk if drunk)

I once came home pissed, found some potatoes in the freezer, fried them up and made chip butties.

They were actually cooking apples 🤦‍♂️🙄😁

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, rock steady said:

As a child, I used to go to my grandmother's for a roast most Sundays. I'd harass her by repeatedly asking how long the food would be and complain about how starving I was.

She would pacify me with a slice of soft white bread spread generously with golden syrup.

My maternal grandparents ran a grocers shop in Padiham. My grandad would give me a fresh tea cake, warm from the baker’s wooden delivery tray, together with a slab of Lancashire crumbly of such magnitude merely lifting it to my mouth would today be deemed as aerobic exercise, in order to keep me quiet.
How that shop ever made a profit when I ate most of the cheese counter is a mystery…

• Like 3

• J*B pinned this topic
7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

as a kid i used to hate having to going shopping on a saturday morning ,only the thought of a glass of sasparella saved the trip from complete misery💓

Summer was a glass of sasparella from Walsh’s stall and chatting to Peter and his mum. Going even further back when it was an open air market my mum used to buy me a hot Vimto when the weather was bad. There’s still nothing better on a cold wet day than a hot vimto.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Let's do this! Living in South Wales and talking about food, Here's a few suggestions and don't knock it till you try it. Cheese chips and gravy, Mixed kebab meat with cheese n chips 

I presume you mean cheesy chips and not chips made of cheese??🤔😬

I’ve had cheesy chips and I’ve had chips with gravy - but I’ve never combined the two.

I presume the mixed kebab meat has to be accompanied by alcohol 🤨

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I presume you mean cheesy chips and not chips made of cheese??🤔😬

I’ve had cheesy chips and I’ve had chips with gravy - but I’ve never combined the two.

I presume the mixed kebab meat has to be accompanied by alcohol 🤨

We speak different down here too 😅 yes cheesy chips with gravy. And definitely the kebab after a good few. Won't leave you dissapponted

• Like 1

On 19/08/2023 at 17:59, wilsdenrover said:

As a child I used to eat paper - I’ve still no idea why!

What brand?

As a kid most brands, a lot were non absorbent, were not fit to wipe your arse with.

Maybe eating paper was a way to save time and messy smearing later in the process.