BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham (a) - 12/08/2023

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The ref was correct but the law is an ass. That should be the same punishment as pulling someone back breaking clear down the wing, or scything someone down. If he’d jumped up and ran to the ref aggressively then fine. But not sat laughing on the floor.

The first booking is nonsense as well. You can score and run across a stand full of opposition fans goading them, but if you happen to touch one of your own fans in celebration you get booked.

It massively saved us today, but it’s bollocks.

Not just because we benefited from it today but I'm happy for refs to punish waving imaginary cards around. Onyedinma was stupid doing it. He wasn't unlucky. Before the start of the season, players are briefed on what referees will be clamping down on. But he just ignores it and does it anyway.

His first yellow was an absolute joke though. I can understand it if the player had jumped over the hoardings into the crowd. All he did was go up to them. Yellow cards for over celebrating is one of the dumbest rules ever introduced. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Not just because we benefited from it today but I'm happy for refs to punish waving imaginary cards around.

Why? If I’m playing and I get booked for tugging someone back, and then another player does it to me later I’m surely allowed to say to the ref “that should be a booking”. But I can’t wave a card?

It pisses me off when they run aggressively at the ref doing it. But that’s the aggressive attitude. What that lad did today was nothing.  He was sat on his arse (after being fouled and dumped there) and was laughing doing it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Harsh. They are playing to instruction. 

Every corner last week was played short too. 

I presume because we are a small team we don't offer any threat by just wanging it in the box So we are trying something else. It's not working mind. Our corners are awful. A few times last week they ended up back with Pears. 

image.jpeg.a58e92b2ec7ee5af542b96f4e49a8e92.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Away on holiday so missed the whole game. Disappointed when I saw 2-2 but to see we came from 2 down is encouraging. Didn't realise Szmodics missed a pen though. We really need a decent penalty taker, feels like we've not had one in years.

When did BBD last miss a penalty?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I love when one of us (has happened to me too) says something like this and the player promptly scores.

Me, too! 😉😂

Sorry @bluebruce; I picked your post for this comment when there could have been probably more than a dozen other posters whose responses I could have used for this reply.

I was listening to Radio Lancs on my phone when, just before 3.00, it went over to something called Radio England doing scores. So I switched over to the Radio 5 commentary on a PL game with scoreflashes from around the country until they gave news of our penalty miss.

Thinking, "Typical bloody Rovers!", I switched off for about an hour.

The next thing I heard was that we were playing against 10 men but were 2-1 down. I hadn't a clue who'd been sent off for them; or why. Or who'd got our goal; except that it almost certainly couldn't have been Szmodics! And then I heard that Sammie had got his second of the afternoon!! 

Honestly, lads; and ladies!!! Some of those comments - specially the ones about Szmodics and Dolan - were so far O.T.T. as to be laughable when I heard that scoreline.

I know what it's like. And I'm sure that, if you dug deeply enough into the annals of this Board you'd find some intemperate language attached either to the names of m1st, whose password has eluded me for some time, or R0verb0y. But aren't some of the posts on here more O.T.T. than o.t.t.?!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, doctorryan said:
43 minutes ago, tonyoz said:

Szmodics did well to hold it together. He’s becoming the beating heart of the team. JRC was everywhere and my mom. 

Expand  

Wait.....Who's your mommy?  MotM in the future gang

We might not know her, but we know who her Daddy is!

Sorry @tonyoz 😂

Edited by ben_the_beast
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Looks like this yellow 3rd kit is unlucky.

Hopefully the last time we wear it.

Should only be in Blue & White today.

I've made that argument myself many times to too many deaf ears.  2 PL RELEGATIONS in those damn things but a certain subset are still attached to them because of 1 day at Wembley 31 years ago. Most of the rest of the examples are from decades in the lower divisions wilderness.  We should always be some form of red & black away when the traditional kit isn't an option & there are a dozen+ ways to do it so that the club & kit makers can still have their yearly sales boost.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Me, too! 😉😂

Sorry @bluebruce; I picked your post for this comment when there could have been probably more than a dozen other posters whose responses I could have used for this reply.

I was listening to Radio Lancs on my phone when, just before 3.00, it went over to something called Radio England doing scores. So I switched over to the Radio 5 commentary on a PL game with scoreflashes from around the country until they gave news of our penalty miss.

Thinking, "Typical bloody Rovers!", I switched off for about an hour.

The next thing I heard was that we were playing against 10 men but were 2-1 down. I hadn't a clue who'd been sent off for them; or why. Or who'd got our goal; except that it almost certainly couldn't have been Szmodics! And then I heard that Sammie had got his second of the afternoon!! 

Honestly, lads; and ladies!!! Some of those comments - specially the ones about Szmodics and Dolan - were so far O.T.T. as to be laughable when I heard that scoreline.

I know what it's like. And I'm sure that, if you dug deeply enough into the annals of this Board you'd find some intemperate language attached either to the names of m1st, whose password has eluded me for some time, or R0verb0y. But aren't some of the posts on here more O.T.T. than o.t.t.?!

I only listened to Radio Lancs. It did sound like a stinking, first half performance.

Personally, I try not to comment in the instant, but I can understand why some people go OTT, when we are passing the ball around so slowly and pointlessly.( according to KG on Radio Lancs anyway)

And I so love reading the "OTT" comments, when the point(s) are safely in the bag...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
spelling
  • Like 1

I thought we started well and if it wasn't for SS' error, Rotherham weren't scoring.

The red was a joke, obviously, possibly even more daft than Buckley's last season. But, the rules are the rules I guess.
Would have liked to have seen their GK given a yellow for the excessive time wasting from midway in the first half.

Felt for SS, everything was going against him until the 2 goals for us.

Thought JRC made the difference (again) when moving into midfield - we have to consider switching him here permanently?

Ennis was bright when he came on as well, which was encouraging.
And Brittain did well again, he must be pushing for a start soon.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Good question that.

Probably just my terrible memory.

I never feel confident we'll score penalties though.

Not since Mulgrew have I been confident in our penalty takers, 

I don't think Diaz missed any in competitive games (although I do remember him missing one in pre season once) but he never really looked a convincing penalty taker to me

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Some of the comments in this thread are embarrassing to be frank, the lad is superb, but he's not going to be Messi'esq every minute of every game.

I thought most of the comments were along the lines of “he’s having a shocker, take him off”. Which was true.

There was only one post I recall saying that he was a was a waste of space in general. Unless I’ve missed some.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Sammy Szmodics epitomises the spirt in this team, if we had another 10 Szmodics we'd be Premiership bound without a doubt.

Some of the comments in this thread are embarrassing to be frank, the lad is superb, but he's not going to be Messi'esq every minute of every game.

Its a long time since we had a Szmodics in our team, brilliant buy.

Onwards and upwards.

Agree with this.

I intentionally stayed away from here during the match, as I didn't want to depress myself even further at 0-2.

But over the course of the 99 minutes, SS redeemed himself totally, fair play to him.

Some of the other players could learn a lot from his attitude.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, booth said:

Still having nightmares about Dolan not scoring. How the hell did he miss?

I won’t be shedding any tears if Dolan doesn’t sign up, he doesn’t have the necessary pace or football intelligence. He works hard but I just don’t think he is good enough.

• Like 4