BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

given that we were on TV about 20 times last season, I am left wondering why Rovers CEO and commercial department weren't able to secure a better commercial main sponsor for shirts and training wear plus more sponsors to advertise around Ewood Park

Because he's a lazy incompetent piece of shit.

The man is an oxygen theif.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Mike E said:

Because you can’t guarantee that level of TV exposure, is my guess.

You can't guarantee anything in life to be honest Mike. 

Waggott and his commercial team should have found us a more lucrative spoksor. This is no dig or disrespect to totally wicked by the way

Edited by chaddyrovers

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

This is no dig or disrespect to totally wicked by the way

Eh? Getting more people addicted to Nicotine with all the implications for lung and heart diseases, particularly among the young, and they deserve respect?

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, 47er said:

Eh? Getting more people addicted to Nicotine with all the implications for lung and heart diseases, particularly among the young, and they deserve respect?

Its people choice whether they smoke or vape. Its their choice 47er. I don't myself and never have, but some of family, friends and work colleagues do 

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its people choice whether they smoke or vape. Its their choice 47er. I don't myself and never have, but some of family, friends and work colleagues do 

Its not a matter of choice for an already overwhelmed NHS who have to treat the results though is it? 

Anyway, not going off-topic any  further, I just wish we had a sponsor I didn't want to go broke.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
32 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its not a matter of choice for an already overwhelmed NHS who have to treat the results though is it? 

Anyway, not going off-topic any  further, I just wish we had a sponsor I didn't want to go broke.

On balance though, it is helping a lot of people get off smoking too.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, 47er said:

My view is that smokers drinkers and druggies make their own choices it’s as simple as that. They can choose nonstop anytime they wish

I don’t see what keyboard wally says but addiction is self determined you either do it or don’t ! Ive seen people in serious states help themselves for the better it takes guts but none the less us and the nhs should not have to fund addiction treatment 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I don’t see what keyboard wally says but addiction is self determined you either do it or don’t ! Ive seen people in serious states help themselves for the better it takes guts but none the less us and the nhs should not have to fund addiction treatment 

All heart, you!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Never had to deal with addiction ?

First wife died due to Alcohol abuse. Horrible way to live her life and die. It’s an illness is addiction and very trying for the families of people who are addicts. 

• Like 7

A professional sports club should not be advertising and promoting a nicotine based product.

Yes, there is an upside to vaping if it helps to wean people away from smoking.

However, and let's not try to pretend otherwise, Totally Wicked are promoting their product via Rovers in order to encourage as many people as possible to buy their product, regardless of their age or circumstances 

The only reason they are our sponsors is that we have a (so called) Chief Executive who has no moral compass.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I’ve seen first hand what alcohol and drug abuse does to people and refusing to help themselves cost lives it’s my viewpoint and I will stick with it. 

What about those that do help themselves but find it very difficult because, you know, it’s addiction.

Edited by Hasta

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

On balance though, it is helping a lot of people get off smoking too.

Is it eally though? 

Just saying what I see, but I see more school kids/teenagers vaping than I ever did smoking in public and I'd also argue that vapes(more specifically disposables) are a far quicker way of becoming addicted to nicotine than cigarettes are. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

Having suffered and continue to suffer with addiction I get both sides. Ultimately it’s only the person with the addiction that can stop it and they have to take responsibility for it . However when your mental health is suffering, your moods is low due to chemical imbalances and traumas arise in your life it’s not easy to make the right choices , sometimes you want to numb the pain and consequence when your so low around your choice to drink/smoke/so drugs takes a back seat for a moments respite 

• Like 4