BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

47 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

They're under the microscope and have been since 2021.

The investigation is at a "nascent stage" and the ED really don't seem to like them.

I think there's a lot more to this than a couple of unpaid tax bills. There's been tentative accusations made that they're laundering money for a long time. When you read about money laundering in sports and football in particular they tick a lot of boxes. Now they're under investigation and have already been done for tax fraud.

To send money overseas it has to be rubber stamped by the ED. They refuse to grant permission and so they have to go to court to be allowed to send over funds. The first time they were granted permission was when the club received the threat from HMRC for winding up. They were granted to send ~3.4 million to pay that bill.

The last time it was for the ~11 million.

These court cases get postponed all the time. I can't remember exactly but I think one of them was even postponed because they were going for lunch or something.

When the case was postponed in October they took out the loan against Brockhall to cover the bills.

I am still doing the timeline but I've been under the pump for the last week so haven't had any time to work on it.

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

On 13/02/2024 at 14:44, lraC said:

in some ways Holt needs to be a bit careful, as the casual fan, who might want to see them do well, but are long standing Rovers fans, may well have second thoughts in future.

Or we could tell them to fuck off when they want us to fill their ground for them in the usual friendly, not many teams take them numbers in league 2!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Or we could tell them to fuck off when they want us to fill their ground for them in the usual friendly, not many teams take them numbers in league 2!

Let's be honest, intelligence and Dingles aren't two circles that intersect each other when drawn on a ven diagram.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/17610789

Any one know what happened with this?can't seem to find any update anywhere. Met some rovers fans in the pub last night who were reminiscing over what " could have been" had this had happened. Also a bit of chat over the WEC Group plans but again not sure what ever came about from this?

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/17610789

Any one know what happened with this?can't seem to find any update anywhere. Met some rovers fans in the pub last night who were reminiscing over what " could have been" had this had happened. Also a bit of chat over the WEC Group plans but again not sure what ever came about from this?

Think you'll find Wild no longer has an involvement with WEC Group and though I think Grabko still posts on this MB, it all seems to have died a death some time ago.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think you'll find Wild no longer has an involvement with WEC Group and though I think Grabko still posts on this MB, it all seems to have died a death some time ago.  

Ah thanks. Gutting to read back at those articles and think of the optimism that never went anywhere

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I remember being at a protest meeting at either KGH or Blakeys and Daniel Grabko had flown in from Sweden to attend and spoke really well. If I remember correctly his forte was finance and he spoke about how to fund the club without those wretched owners. I wondered what happened as he just seemed to disappear. You are correct about Wayne Wild as WEC were taken over and he left the business.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, arbitro said:

I remember being at a protest meeting at either KGH or Blakeys and Daniel Grabko had flown in from Sweden to attend and spoke really well. If I remember correctly his forte was finance and he spoke about how to fund the club without those wretched owners. I wondered what happened as he just seemed to disappear. You are correct about Wayne Wild as WEC were taken over and he left the business.

Anyone know what happened with Grabko? The trust looked liked such an ambitious yet exciting project!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Anyone know what happened with Grabko? The trust looked liked such an ambitious yet exciting project!!

BRIST and the original Trust merged. That was me, @Miller11 and a few others. We worked extremely hard, and operated like a full blown business, all voluntarily.  Eventually things began to frustrate and Wayne, Dan, Neil and others stepped away. That was a superb set of people who could have changed things if the Vs would listen. 

Dan is still in Sweden with his young family.  Keen on motorsport! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ozz said:

BRIST and the original Trust merged. That was me, @Miller11 and a few others. We worked extremely hard, and operated like a full blown business, all voluntarily.  Eventually things began to frustrate and Wayne, Dan, Neil and others stepped away. That was a superb set of people who could have changed things if the Vs would listen. 

Dan is still in Sweden with his young family.  Keen on motorsport! 

Forever grateful for your efforts mate.

Could it ever be revived?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Forever grateful for your efforts mate.

Could it ever be revived?

Don’t want to speak to Ozz but whilst Venkys refuse to engage with anyone making even tentative enquiries I cant see any reason to revive anything. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, J*B said:

Don’t want to speak to Ozz but whilst Venkys refuse to engage with anyone making even tentative enquiries I cant see any reason to revive anything. 

Only way to get to them is through political channel ...through the ruling BJP ..

• Like 1

The Trust/Fans Forum or anyone else need a straight answer asap as to whether we're still going back to Court to request funding on March 12th. And if not an honest answer why not.

Everything else pales into insignificance really.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, J*B said:

He speaketh for me!👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The Trust/Fans Forum or anyone else need a straight answer asap as to whether we're still going back to Court to request funding on March 12th. And if not an honest answer why not.

Everything else pales into insignificance really.

Still listed for that date on the Delhi High Court website.

• Like 1

The 12th of March is looming ever closer. Our only hope is that the judge will deny the owners being allowed to send over funds and we eventually end up for sale or in administration.

Not sure if this is a real possibility but hopefully they cite the Wharton sale as evidence that the club can generate the necessary funds and tell venkys to fuck off.

12 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The 12th of March is looming ever closer. Our only hope is that the judge will deny the owners being allowed to send over funds and we eventually end up for sale or in administration.

Not sure if this is a real possibility but hopefully they cite the Wharton sale as evidence that the club can generate the necessary funds and tell venkys to fuck off.

We can but hope.

I think sensible people would long ago have taken proactive steps to get rid of the club knowing the situation they were facing. The fact they have done nothing but force us to sell more assets tells us they really don't give a stuff about the best future for the club or doing anything to mitigate the damage to it, it's more important they keep hold for no purpose and drag the club into the gutter whilst doing so.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Even on transfer fees as suspected.

They've never actually 'invested; anything to try and win promotion it's always been a case of the club just soaking up spare profit from VH group to keep the lights on.

What benefit it has at their end only a forensic Indian business expert accountant could say.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5