BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gregg Broughton

4 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

I have a day job where we’ve just done an MBO and truth be told, I’ve hardly had a chance to come on here. Also, got banned for apparently being a show off, so that also put me off.

Water under the bridge and all that…

Is that a five-year MBO or are you all now enjoying the luxury of free time at the executive level? (Congrats, incidentally!)

Even still, 5 years… I’ve met three exes’ parents in that time and I hated every minute, but I found the time. I’ll remain suspicious until I see a reason not to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bethnal said:

Is that a five-year MBO or are you all now enjoying the luxury of free time at the executive level? (Congrats, incidentally!)

Even still, 5 years… I’ve met three exes’ parents in that time and I hated every minute, but I found the time. I’ll remain suspicious until I see a reason not to. 

I posted earlier in the season?

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Watch it be Tony Mowbray.

That would be an absolute disaster.

Theres a big question over whether he is well enough to do any job. But if he is, he is the manager of Birmingham and if he wanted to go higher, he could easily get a Championship job based on the work he has done in recent years. Why would he want to come here back to owners that didnt inform him that they were letting him go, amidst the current shit show, into a job he has never performed?

I know you have an unhealthy dislike of him but come on.

26 minutes ago, Andy said:

If you remember some time at the start of this year, I was given some info around the issues in India and a few other bits around the club.
Despite taking some grief for being 'cryptic / ITK bollocks' I just purely passed on the info I was given.
And, in fairness, it was almost exclusively bob-on.

We've not been in contact for a little bit, but I've literally had the below though tonight on both Silvester and Broughton.
Feel free to disregard it if you so wish, but I'm told:

Silvester sacked. Was sacked straight after the Maguire fiasco.
However, club had to follow disciplinary procedure as he is an employee and not like a manager or player you can dismiss.
He then went off long term sick and eventually dismissed.
Club didn’t want to announce it due to where we were in the league.

Broughton sacked.
Failed in his signings (Wahlstead bought in on same salary as Kaminski!!) and lots more that have failed.
Broughton ran out of Ewood as fast as he could and now trying to throw the club under the bus, similar to the JDT trick.

Why would the club not want to announce that due to our position in the league, especially if it happened when we were comfortably away from the drop zone, and as if it would have been responded to negatively?

No way is Wahlstedt on Kaminski level wages. The latter signed a new deal during his time here before the restrictions, the former signed when we were cutting back and intended to be number 2 behind Pears who had just been given the number 1 shirt and a new deal himself.

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It's been in the papers because people at the club have been telling the papers that.

Glen Mullan all of What happened that night only a few days after it. 

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Hardly faking the moon landings. People like Waggott and co. whisper tidbits to Rich Sharpe, Fans Forum and over a brew with supporters and it gets repeated ad infinitum and becomes fact. In the days of twitter and forums it really doesn't take much for one account to become the established truth with very little effort.

I might be wrong, of course, as might anyone else. But remarkably convenient that for the second January deadline day IN A ROW we have an expensive signing just about to sign and lo and behold this time around a vastly experienced staff member 'doesn't press send' 

Also conveniently he didn't forget to press send on the paperwork for Adam Wharton ensuring £20 million flowed into the coffers, but he did forget on the one and only deal that would require the owners to cough up cash, something they have shown clearly over the last few years they aren't happy to do.

And if I was owning an organisation where (if true) two potentially season defining transfers were cocked up by Broughton / Silvester ineptitude then BOTH would have been down the road right away, and I'd also be expecting to see the people that employed them paying the price too.

You can't just sack an employee you have to go through the process of investigation, etc before a sacking can happened..

I am not bothered that Broughton is leaving in isolation, he hasnt impressed even allowing for the restrictions in his time here. I would think we would be better off without a director of football as it just seems to cause an extra layer of confusion and conflict at this dysfuctional club.

The rumours about there being disagreements wouldnt surprise me though, I expect another summer of frugality. Waggott is much more content like silent Suhail to be complicit in following the owners want to strip the club down, but he isnt the main problem yet I think that will be lost. He needs to go, but the problem is always Venkys and if further budget cuts are causing issues then its all on them.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

I posted earlier in the season?

Genuinely just going off your profile. One below the last one in this screencap is from 2013.

Not at all knocking not posting and just reading or similar, but coming forward with a lot of information out of the blue is - as I’ve said before now - suspicious to me.

IMG_5088.png

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Gestede as a token director of football would be a pathetic attempt at trying to appease the fans, and it wont work. 

It wouldn’t work, as in, on the pitch, but the fact a bloke that has been long been seen as the wise old owl of BRFCS thinks it’s a marvellous idea tells you it would appease plenty out there.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Gestede as a token director of football would be a pathetic attempt at trying to appease the fans, and it wont work. 

Don't be so sure. Some of the shit that vast swathes of the fanbase have been willing to swallow has been truly astounding. We already have a seasoned supporter saying he'd be 'more than happy' with it for some baffling reason.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Glen Mullan all of What happened that night only a few days after it. 

You can't just sack an employee you have to go through the process of investigation, etc before a sacking can happened..

And where did Glen get his account from? 

You can sack an employee for gross misconduct immediately. You don't have to wait 4 months.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Genuinely just going off your profile. One below the last one in this screencap is from 2013.

Not at all knocking not posting and just reading or similar, but coming forward with a lot of information out of the blue is - as I’ve said before now - suspicious to me.

IMG_5088.png

No idea why it is showing like that. I got banned earlier in the season so unless deleted. No idea. 

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

And where did Glen get his account from? 

You can sack an employee for gross misconduct immediately. You don't have to wait 4 months.

I have a business and my HR department have never allowed me to for an employee with greater than 2 years service. An investigation must first be sanctioned, then the employee invited to a disciplinary, before being dismissed. The employee then has a right for appeal which then needs to be overseen by another individual. Not as cut and dry as sacking a manager as an earlier poster pointed out. Could take months.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Maguire cock-up was all on Silvester. Didn’t hit send. Waggot may have done many things wrong but if your club Sec can’t hit send, then what are you supposed to do?

Honestly. If you’ve fucked up as a club last year with transfers then make sure the staff don’t do it again. Ask the secretary to double check or confirm it has gone through. I can’t believe there’s not a confirmation email from submitting this stuff.

At work my staff had to send a presentation to a major customer this week. I wasn’t in the office but made sure they forwarded the WeTransfer confirmation so I 100% knew it had gone.

Waggot would rather spend his transfer deadline days on free grub at FA Cup ties in Birmingham.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Blue n White Rover said:

I have a business and my HR department have never allowed me to for an employee with greater than 2 years service. An investigation must first be sanctioned, then the employee invited to a disciplinary, before being dismissed. The employee then has a right for appeal which then needs to be overseen by another individual. Not as cut and dry as sacking a manager as an earlier poster pointed out. Could take months.

Depends on the offence, organisation and disciplinary procedures.

But there's nothing stopping an instant sacking if the offence is deemed serious enough and due process is followed.

Of course if he was instructed by above not to press submit then there's no offence, which might be another reason for a 4 month long severance process 

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Depends on the offence, organisation and disciplinary procedures.

But there's nothing stopping an instant sacking if the offence is deemed serious enough and due process is followed.

Of course if he was instructed by above not to press submit then there's no offence, which might be another reason for a 4 month long severance process 

What if no one taught him how to press send?

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Depends if he turns out to be any good at the job.

Let's face it he couldn't do any worse than the Egg.

(Has he been sacked btw? I've not been on the board for a week)

1 hour ago, Blue n White Rover said:

Won’t be a rookie to the job. Will be experienced. Money is available to spend so that is utter nonsense in the BBC story. 

Gregg was the one who was pals with JDT BEFORE his appointment and recommended him to the club. The Apple never falls too far from the tree…

Chaddy - can’t name names yet but impressed with the shortlist. 

Is that you, Steve?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Why in the ungodly fuck would you be 'more than happy' with us appointing a DoF who not only doesn't have experience in that role, but as far as I can see doesn't have any experience in any role beyond 'footballer'? Just because he used to be a good player for us? Come on! That's just a ridiculous position to have. I'm almost as qualified as he is!

"Footballer" makes him far more qualified than the Egg though?

Irrespective of what exams the latter may have passed?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There's no doubt he was sacked. He'll try and spin it to his media friends that he wanted out anyway but I don't believe a word of that.

He was very poor at his job and deservedly got sacked. There's no way I would have let him loose on another transfer window either. Cheston and Silvester are both also very poor at their jobs too and both have gone within a week of the season ending. I'd have been a lot more disappointed if members of the board were kept in place despite a shambles of a season. Waggot is the last remaining one whose time is probably running out too. The main culprits are in India but they're not budging.

I don't believe this means that there's no transfer budget this summer. That would suggest that Venkys have actually done some planning. Those at the club prob won't know the summer budget for about 2 months yet!

Edited by rovers11

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"Footballer" makes him far more qualified than the Egg though?

Irrespective of what exams the latter may have passed?

No, not really. Plenty of footballers are as thick as mince. Quite a few who don't demonstrate much understanding of the game even. Even if they understand the game, that's entirely different to understanding the backroom side of the game, negotiating deals, contracts, highlighting targets and getting your point across etc. Broughton had at least worked in the backroom part of the game and had some dealings with recruitment and development of players.

Hell let's just put Scott Wharton in the role eh? Footballer, loves the club...that's all some people are interested in when it comes to high level appointments.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Depends if he turns out to be any good at the job.

Let's face it he couldn't do any worse than the Egg.

(Has he been sacked btw? I've not been on the board for a week)

Must be the thousandth time I've seen someone here say 'couldn't be any worse than X'. Most of the time, they do turn out to be worse.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Christ.

Yeah, former footballers never succeed in management circles, good job Kenny Dalglish never gave it a go. 

Why the **** is anyone defending Broughton? He's brought in 3 strikers who haven't even registered a goal for the Club and Wahlstedt who looks like he won a competition out of the crowd to play a few games.

Add in two unprecedented transfer window cock ups which never happened before he arrived and you have to say it's an extremely positive step he has gone.