BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Hill had a good game yesterday and is a big loss IMO. The Crewe lad had better be good if he's the Hill replacement

Our best signing for the window would be the Rotherham goalkeeper

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

He decided to go back weeks ago and he didn't want to get injured.  Big few months ahead for young James.  We are a basket case.

No kidding!

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

They can't add any further cash into the club other than enough to cover the existing bills whilst under investigation by the Indian government. i.e. they can't send us money for transfers, but they can send us money to cover existing contracted obligations. 

They have  too apply to a indian judge to try to send money 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Players don't become poor overnight.  The lad is class we aren't 

I’m not arguing with you here, I actually said a few months ago he had been our best signing of the season so far….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Hill going back is a blow. Thought he was decent at RB and when the injured players came back, was hoping he'd get moved back there.

If we bring the Crewe lad in then fair enough but that doesn't give us any back up/competition for RB.

I can't see how its fair enough really - we're swapping a player with Premier League experience that covers CB and RB for a League Two centre back that only plays CB.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Hill had a good game yesterday and is a big loss IMO. The Crewe lad had better be good if he's the Hill replacement

Hill got beaten in the air by Eaves when it mattered. Looked great when he first came into the team but his form has dropped off along with the rest of the team. 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He decided to go back weeks ago and he didn't want to get injured.  Big few months ahead for young James.  We are a basket case.

Explains why he ducked out of two headers and cost us two goals yesterday then.

Poor form that from a professional.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I would guess the key thing is whatever is being discussed with this delegation from India. Could be anything from an agreement on a new cash infusion to an exercise to generate more funds through sales.

The horrendous run we are on will not be helping any conversations around boosting investment.

I would suspect the visit was to get to know the Club personnel, value our assets (Ewood, BRIC) and to evaluate non playing side costs.  This btw is guesswork, I have no evidence.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He cost us two goals yesterday - he was awful.

He was a really useful makeshift RB (albeit he didn't have the close control or passing to play there - the additional size he brought to the team was a big boon), but he's let us down at CB.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

So he's fallen off because he's wanted to go back to Bournemouth?

If you knew that you had a great opportunity to play Premier league football would you put your health at risk....?   It's like if you are working your notice, do you put the same effort in for the last month,?

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

If you knew that you had a great opportunity to play Premier league football would you put your health at risk....?   It's like if you are working your notice, do you put the same effort in for the last month,?

So yes to my question then. Cheers.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

I would suspect the visit was to get to know the Club personnel, value our assets (Ewood, BRIC) and to evaluate non playing side costs.  This btw is guesswork, I have no evidence.

Ideally they're sizing us up for a sale - but we all know they're seeing what else they can cut back on.

Absolutely baffling why they continue to hold onto the club.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ideally they're sizing us up for a sale - but we all know they're seeing what else they can cut back on.

Absolutely baffling why they continue to hold onto the club.

I just don't get it, why not look to try and sell the club? It makes no sense for them to cling onto something that they care so little about and lose money on.

There must be someone decent, somewhere that would be willing to buy Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 1

Any calls for a loanee keeper are just as risky as working on set pieces and preventing crosses in and sticking with the Swede or Pears. 

Can't see us paying what you need to these days (monthly fee, prem wages) for a significantly better keeper (Hovrath) and can't see the benefit of gambling on a youngster who no doubt we'd have to play every game

23 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Hill going back is a blow. Thought he was decent at RB and when the injured players came back, was hoping he'd get moved back there.

If we bring the Crewe lad in then fair enough but that doesn't give us any back up/competition for RB.

We've been linked with a couple of full backs as well though, one of them was the Rotherham right back,/wing back yesterday.

Didn't particularly impress me though

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He cost us two goals yesterday - he was awful.

He was a really useful makeshift RB (albeit he didn't have the close control or passing to play there - the additional size he brought to the team was a big boon), but he's let us down at CB.

Wouldn't say it was his worst game yesterday but he has been a lot better. Had a big assist for Sammis goal though 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He flew into a challenge for our second goal yesterday - I wouldn't call that putting your health at risk. You are doing him a massive disservice by insinuating he hasn't been committed. In fact if we had a player of the half season award he would be in the frame.

• Like 7

Goal keeping mistakes have cost us dearly in the last few games. It’s no good scoring two goals from multiple chances and then giving goals away only to draw. Even playing JDT’s expansive style of play (which I feel needs tweaking to be a bit more pragmatic) we would have won yesterday but for the individual errors made. 
A good goalkeeper on loan would probably give us more points than a good striker at this point. You can’t underestimate the drop in moral when cockups like that happen. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

He flew into a challenge for our second goal yesterday - I wouldn't call that putting your health at risk. You are doing him a massive disservice by insinuating he hasn't been committed. In fact if we had a player of the half season award he would be in the frame.

And he'd be so far behind A. Wharton and Szmodics that he'd just be at the awards ceremony for a jolly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Insinuating? Bloody obvious I'd say.