BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

14 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Travis, as a player, isn't bad but isn't great either. The problem here is that he'll be a hell of a lot better than the pile of dung that replaces him. That's if we even do replace him.

Jake Garrett will be Travis' replacement, if indeed he does leave.

• Like 1

If you believe the links it will be Isaac Hayden that will come to replace Travis … time will tell if that’s an improvement or not 

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not saying they don't need to go as well and they're probably on a fraction of Gallagher's wage.

Good win % when Gally plays. We've missed him. 

And he's very handsome, with great hair. 

There's no downside with Galligol.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Andy said:

And if Garret is injured who will replace him? We are not building any depth in our squad. Playing a load of inexperienced young players is not working. We need layers so we can gradually bring these excellent kids on. We shouldn't be relying on them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No it's a good idea - looks like the Club is going to do it therefore it has the Chadster seal of approval!

With Broughton on the case it'll probably turn out about as well as flogging Kaminsky and virtually giving away Phillips to bring in Wahlstedt.

Well losing him then replacing with another development player but from 2 leagues lower than Hills parent club fits right in the operation downgrade model.

Lets hope this one works unlike the failing keeper experiment.

36 minutes ago, Andy said:

I like him as a back up player in the early stages of his development as a first team squad member but able replacement for Travis at this moment in time he ain't.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RoverCanada said:

- I think something along these lines was mentioned earlier, but The Athletic is reporting that we've had two loan bids rejected for Orlando City striker Duncan McGuire, and are expected to be make a third loan bid (amid interest from FC Nantes, FC Utrecht, and RWD Molenbeek): https://theathletic.com/5177729/2024/01/04/mls-january-transfer-window/ (might be paywalled). 15 goals over 37 appearances in his rookie MLS season.

- On O'Riordan's incoming, worth noting he's cup-tied for the FA Cup. May relate to the debate on holding on to Hill for one more weekend. Doubt we'd want to risk Hyam and presumably S. Wharton won't be ready. Perhaps time for Gamble... Such a shame that Barnes got hit with another long-term injury.

- It's spread across L1/L2/Scottish Championship, but notable that O'Riordan's actually accumulated a decent amount of pro experience for his age: 76 league/cup appearances (+ a bit of non-league!)

I saw McGuire play in October against Toronto FC, he looked the real deal all game. Scored a couple, including a screamer, and made Michael Bradley, who was marking him, look a complete clown. I’d be excited if this came off. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

How much is Gallagher on wage wise? Was it 15k?

Just think of the quality loanie we could get with that for next season.

Except it'll probably be a third of that actually available so we'll still be in the same market we are in now.

4 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

I saw McGuire play in October against Toronto FC, he looked the real deal all game. Scored a couple, including a screamer, and made Michael Bradley, who was marking him, look a complete clown. I’d be excited if this came off. 

i did read the orlando were willing to sell but have no interest in loaning him out,hav`nt a clue on how much they want for him

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hill must be on a fair old screw if the £500 k plus wages for the young CB from Crewe are covered by him being recalled by Bournemouth.

We will have paid some sort of loan fee as well as wages. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

If the Crewe guy is any good it's a good investment. There are questions mark over our recruitment though at that kind of price range as Leo and Telalovic have shown. 

If he's not yet ready (like the two mentioned) then we still need an experienced head at CB. 

Losing Hill on current form is no loss. 

We wanted him in the summer and we tried several times to sign him. This is someone we have clearly scouted for a while now. 

6 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

If the system/style stays the same but the players selected are worse what will happen?

Care to explain more? 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No it's a good idea - looks like the Club is going to do it therefore it has the Chadster seal of approval!

With Broughton on the case it'll probably turn out about as well as flogging Kaminsky and virtually giving away Phillips to bring in Wahlstedt.

what are you going on about again. I would sell Travis if we could use the money to bring in a replacement and strengthen elsewhere like a full back

1 hour ago, AJW said:

If you believe the links it will be Isaac Hayden that will come to replace Travis … time will tell if that’s an improvement or not 

He would be good signing and can play Centre back, centre mid and right back so gives JDT loads of options

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hill must be on a fair old screw if the £500 k plus wages for the young CB from Crewe are covered by him being recalled by Bournemouth.

We are paying the £500k over a period of time. 

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

If we have paid a loan fee for a full season, I would expect a rebate if Bournemouth recall Hill early.

It’s all bundled up and paid monthly - so we will have been paying Bournemouth X per month (loan fee + wage contribution) and that stops from Jan 1st, releasing X as money spare in the budget which is covered by the fee agreed with the Indian Government. 

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Care to explain more? 

Happy to 👍

In an ideal world it would be great to be able to seamlessly change one player for another (with no change of system) but Rover’s world is far from ideal.

I don’t think our squad is strong enough to play the same way irrespective of which  players are available.

For example, I think only Wharton (A) and Sammie can fulfil the requirements of what JDT wants from their ‘roles’ on the pitch.

I believe JDTs reluctance to be flexible with our style means there’s a bigger ‘drop off’ in the quality of our team (once players are missing) than is necessary.

It’s obviously not his fault the squad isn’t more rounded but I think he bears some responsibility for not adjusting how we play to take account of who’s available to him.

Put more succinctly…

worse player(s) + same system = weaker team.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He's not far off. It's better to stick a mannequin up there than Gallagher 

To be fair, he is probably right. 

Due to some of the dross Broughton's been signing recently we're probably no longer paying our top wage to "the worst" outfield player at the Club but "one of" the worst.

That must make it all OK.

• Like 1