BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1.5m for Gallagher? Snap their hands off!* I like him as he always gives his all, but it's never quite clicked for him as the main striker at Rovers, and he's well past the point that we could get all our money back on him.

* Must have a replacement lined up....unlikely.

Edited by sharpysharps86
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's early days so who knows but if he grows into it there's no reason he can't have a good career but there is a long way to go.

He needs to finish the season strongly here first.

Moran needs a spell on the bench . He looks knackered in games. And this is probably the main reason for his loss in form.

Unless he is benched for a few games . I don't see him playing his way back in to form. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

£1.5m for gally is surely wide of the mark.....

JDT has surely learned that he wants a player in BEFORE anyone goes.

This is the whole crux of him being head coach and not manager.

He is powerless re - transfers.

That’s Broughton’s remit, but in reality it’s completely up to our magnificent owners. 

Hooray!

Business wise at a normal club, a fairly decent fee for a player with essentially 18 months left would make sense. Sell him on and replace.

Here, people lose focus of the fact that firstly, Gallagher for all of his limitations is far better than any of our other "strikers" and that the money would vanish. So its a tough one.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

Moran needs a spell on the bench . He looks knackered in games. And this is probably the main reason for his loss in form.

Unless he is benched for a few games . I don't see him playing his way back in to form. 

Agree and it's the same with most young players they lose fitness/form and need withdrawing for a bit to regroup and go again and play their way back in. It's all part and parcel now of running such a young inexperienced group and it doesn't matter how talented the lad the demands of the game catch up with them.

We should be getting used to it by now it happens with virtually every one loaned or our own although stronger lads and ones with more time under the belt cope with it better.  Some just wilt and need a rest to build up strength again and this where good management comes in.

That's made harder when bodies are thin on the ground though and mins have been promised to parent clubs.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Agree and it's the same with most young players they lose fitness/form and need withdrawing for a bit to regroup and go again and play their way back in. It's all part and parcel now of running such a young inexperienced group and it doesn't matter how talented the lad the demands of the game catch up with them.

We should be getting used to it by now it happens with virtually every one loaned or our own although stronger lads and ones with more time under the belt cope with it better.  Some just wilt and need a rest to build up strength again and this where good management comes in.

That's made harder when bodies are thin on the ground though and mins have been promised to parent clubs.

Do you JDT will rest Moran or will he just continue to play him and run him in to the ground?.

16 minutes ago, neophox said:

Michael Olakigbe new name mentioned by Peter O Rourke

8 Prem appearances for Brentford this season...but totalling just 51 minutes! Three of them were for just 1 minute, another for 2...I think I'd want a loan too! Looks like he plays wide in the attack, not clear if he is a right or left winger or both.

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

8 Prem appearances for Brentford this season...but totalling just 51 minutes! Three of them were for just 1 minute, another for 2...I think I'd want a loan too! Looks like he plays wide in the attack, not clear if he is a right or left winger or both.

he is right footed, not sure which side he prefers to play on though

Edited by KentExile

13 minutes ago, gazza1981 said:

Do you JDT will rest Moran or will he just continue to play him and run him in to the ground?.

He'll probably start him again he seems to let players run themselves into the ground for some reason.

39 minutes ago, martonrover said:

This is the whole crux of him being head coach and not manager.

He is powerless re - transfers.

That’s Broughton’s remit, but in reality it’s completely up to our magnificent owners. 

Hooray!

It's really now up to the Indian courts and Government than our owners. People seem to be ignoring the part of the last judgment where the judge mentioned he would expect us to cut costs inline with our present situation.

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Agree but If we do not sell him this window he leaves on a free in summer.

I'd rather have the player right now personally. 

• Like 1