BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

32 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying we looked at the Watford striker Rajovic to replace Gallagher, Watford want £4 million 

J*B says if Watford want £4 million for him, it won’t be Rovers he moves to. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, alex l said:

The Benson criticism puzzles me. I'm neither a fan or critic of him, but when have football fans been so intrigued by the GK coach? I watch and follow a huge amount of football and have done for 30 years, without looking it up I couldn't name a GK coach at another club at present. 

I look at this factually. Benson was promoted to his role from the academy by Mowbray. You may not like TM but he has managed clubs in the first and second tier for years. Still gets jobs. JDT comes in following GB, Benson stays. Kaminski, the now established top division player, specifically praised Benson when he left. You could also argue Benson played a role in Raya's development, the keeper now playing for a top prem team.

Why is Benson now running warm up and set pieces? Cos he's been told to. We haven't got someone in to do these things for whatever reason but is it his fault he continues these activities and roles? He's hardly able to say no. If JDT/GB aren't satisfied with how these are handled it's not for Benson to recruit someone else to do it. 

JDT wasn't allowed to bring his own staff in with him - Benson and Lowe came with the club.

It's part of why we weren't able to attract a more experienced manager. Carvalhal walked away when we insisted he'd have to keep Lowe and Benson. 

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, alex l said:

The Benson criticism puzzles me. I'm neither a fan or critic of him, but when have football fans been so intrigued by the GK coach? I watch and follow a huge amount of football and have done for 30 years, without looking it up I couldn't name a GK coach at another club at present. 

I look at this factually. Benson was promoted to his role from the academy by Mowbray. You may not like TM but he has managed clubs in the first and second tier for years. Still gets jobs. JDT comes in following GB, Benson stays. Kaminski, the now established top division player, specifically praised Benson when he left. You could also argue Benson played a role in Raya's development, the keeper now playing for a top prem team.

Why is Benson now running warm up and set pieces? Cos he's been told to. We haven't got someone in to do these things for whatever reason but is it his fault he continues these activities and roles? He's hardly able to say no. If JDT/GB aren't satisfied with how these are handled it's not for Benson to recruit someone else to do it. 

Yes I'm not sure how anyone can have a strong opinion about a coach unless it's an open secret that they are totally useless. But he seems to get a lot of praise from former players.

I don't have a fucking clue about whether any of our coaches are any good or not. I can have an opinion on a player, I get to see them.

Probably a lot to do with him not being a professional player himself. It's also very strange that the new manager HAD to take him and the other fella. But hey, this is venky FC so why should anything be a surprise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You would be very surprised who I know at Rovers. 

So you going to name these staff members? are the Staff related to non football staff or staff who are involved in Football setup?

Doesn't he have 3 Rovers related stories today? 

Involved on the football side as backroom staff, not people in the public eye, don't be ridiculous I'm not going to start posting names of people on here 🤣

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KentExile said:

With Pickering being injured (possibly long term), and Rovers wanting to loan Batty out for experience, maybe Gent will be recalled from his loan at Motherwell where he sees to have done well.  Their fans seem to like him anyway

https://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/topic/18753-motm-alloa-athletic-20-jan-2024

Can we afford to pay his wages 🫣

Edited by BankEnd Rover

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying we looked at the Watford striker Rajovic to replace Gallagher, Watford want £4 million 

£4m! Where are all these silly fees for poor little known championship players coming from?

After reading this I wouldn’t pay £40k.

https://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/mileta-rajovic.60733/#post-3304521

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You would be very surprised who I know at Rovers. 

i once travelled in a lift with Carl Weavers at Vegas when I was 15 , it don't mean I'm besties with Apollo Creed.

• Like 5

I can’t see them loaning him, it sounds as if they want to offload him to sign someone better. So they need a fee.

The consensus seems to be that he chips in with goals but is a poor player generally.

So Gallagher then, younger version.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

JDT wasn't allowed to bring his own staff in with him - Benson and Lowe came with the club.

It's part of why we weren't able to attract a more experienced manager. Carvalhal walked away when we insisted he'd have to keep Lowe and Benson. 

He brought in his assistant and I also think he appointed Ben Rosen. But that isn't the point, if Benson was so poor as some make out, why would TM and JDT have persisted with him? Why would Kaminski have specifically thanked him instead of pushing for a new GK coach during his time here - along with all the other GKs we've had on the books?

Benson seems to get a lot of flack for our keepers not being a cross between Manual Neuer and Alisson yet it's ignored he has coached our last 2 senior keepers, both of whom are established in the prem. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alex l said:

He brought in his assistant and I also think he appointed Ben Rosen. But that isn't the point, if Benson was so poor as some make out, why would TM and JDT have persisted with him? Why would Kaminski have specifically thanked him instead of pushing for a new GK coach during his time here - along with all the other GKs we've had on the books?

Benson seems to get a lot of flack for our keepers not being a cross between Manual Neuer and Alisson yet it's ignored he has coached our last 2 senior keepers, both of whom are established in the prem. 

When they're here they get worse and worse.

Leave us and suddenly become good again.

44 minutes ago, booth said:

£4m! Where are all these silly fees for poor little known championship players coming from?

After reading this I wouldn’t pay £40k.

https://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/mileta-rajovic.60733/#post-3304521

Or this, manager wants more from him

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ismael-rajovic-better-stronger-130915207.html&ved=2ahUKEwi-l9SOsO6DAxXEQEEAHbDwDR0QxfQBKAB6BAgQEAI&usg=AOvVaw3N8siVGWNCXj5GXBt1ZJ7j

• Like 1

Neither JDT nor Mowbray have been able to assemble their own backroom teams. Instead they have had to accept working with inherited staff: Lowe and Benson. And in JDT's case also Johnson.

Regardless of their capabilities or lack of, it cannot be right that they are in place indefinitely regardless of manager/performance/results.

The bigger question is who has decided that they are irreplaceable and why.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Neither JDT nor Mowbray have been able to assemble their own backroom teams. Instead they have had to accept working with inherited staff: Lowe and Benson. And in JDT's case also Johnson.

Regardless of their capabilities or lack of, it cannot be right that they are in place indefinitely regardless of manager/performance/results.

The bigger question is who has decided that they are irreplaceable and why.

Bordering on conspiracy. Next to be targeted will be the retail manager and the lottery ticket sellers. Could it perhaps be possible that these people do a reasonable job for the wages we can afford/pay and therefore successive coaches/management have been fine with them remaining in situ? Or must it be something more devious and underhand? 

1 minute ago, alex l said:

Bordering on conspiracy. Next to be targeted will be the retail manager and the lottery ticket sellers. Could it perhaps be possible that these people do a reasonable job for the wages we can afford/pay and therefore successive coaches/management have been fine with them remaining in situ? Or must it be something more devious and underhand? 

It was said when we appointed JDT and failed to appoint Carvalhal and Farke that working with the existing coaching staff was a requirement. 

Why?

Is that healthy?

Who decided that was a requirement? Who upstairs is qualified to decide that they are good coaches? What do Venkys, Pasha or Waggott know about the capabilities of coaches?

Just another example of people being retained regardless of performance or capabilities because they are cheap or know the right people.

It's been going on here since the scum bought the club and installed Kean as manager. It's not what you know but who you know.

• Like 5