BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

22 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

I can’t see it ever getting to 20 million. Tottentham and Newcastle are not going to pay 20 million+.The loan player can help us this season. And is very very highly rated. 

You're not a Rovers  fan are you?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I don’t think Whartons mum retweeting that is a sign of anything - Maybe it’s a proud thing? 

Hope you're right.

Maybe we're grasping at straws though...

Edited by Torgeir

Tyrhys Dolan got 130 games in the championship for Rovers in his four years at the club. At 22 I would say its vital to give him a new contract. Not many 22 years old have muster so many games in the championship and he's got the experience already.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Tyrhys Dolan got 130 games in the championship for Rovers in his four years at the club. At 22 I would say its vital to give him a new contract. Not many 22 years old have muster so many games in the championship and he's got the experience already.

Only reason to give him a new contract is in order to sell him and spend the money more wisely on a better player. Has hardly developed in those 130 games imho. Blows hot then cold x 5.

IF Palace have offered £15m for Wharton a week before the window shuts then he’s as good as gone.

£15m is a LOT of money, they’ve got time to push it to £20m and a sizeable sell on and really importantly, no “Love for the club” could eclipse a 5x raise on your new contract.

I wouldn’t blame him and no one on here could do either.

Thats assuming the bid has gone in….

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Re Adam. Something to consider is His transfer value will likely plummet should or when we get relegated

Similar to what i mentioned earlier about the pitfalls of a skint ambitionless club turning down big bids in a case of more jam tomorrow !

Sir Bradders of Dack being a prime example.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, neophox said:

We all need this.....

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

Everything looked a lot more brighter in november...

Could you start condensing all your random blurting into one long message rather than adding about 15 separate ones and making it seem something is happening. Cheers.

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

The chances of us doing that ?

By the looks of things it's Dolan rejecting our offers, so that tells you something. He'll be playing in the League One in a season or two if he doesn't stay here. 

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

IF Palace have offered £15m for Wharton a week before the window shuts then he’s as good as gone.

£15m is a LOT of money, they’ve got time to push it to £20m and a sizeable sell on and really importantly, no “Love for the club” could eclipse a 5x raise on your new contract.

I wouldn’t blame him and no one on here could do either.

Thats assuming the bid has gone in….

Ah - wonder where you'd gone - you usually turn up at transfer window time to peddle the Company line.

Disagree completely.

£15 m is NOT a lot of money for someone of that age and potential, it's absolutely derisory. We need to be looking at at least £20m now with the potential for at least another £10m in add ons at a later date.

Depends how desperate we are for money of course but if Palace sneak the deal through at something close to £15m they'll  have had us over a barrel and given us a right old rogering.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RoryRoversIreland said:

What are you on.

i said 18 plus add ons and a loan

You said 20million with add ons. Would you have a day off. 

I doubt the 15 million bid is guaranteed either 

You said 18m "with" add ons if we're being pedantic.

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ah - wonder where you'd gone - you usually turn up at transfer window time to peddle the Company line.

Disagree completely.

£15 m is NOT a lot of money for someone of that age and potential, it's absolutely derisory. We need to be looking at at least £20m now with the potential for at least another £10m in add ons at a later date.

Depends how desperate we are for money of course but if Palace sneak the deal through at something close to £15m they'll  have had us over a barrel and given us a right old rogering.

Funny, I hadn’t missed you at all…just a constant line of 2 + 2 = 5, shite…

£15m is a LOT of money to kick off the bidding with and so as I said, IF (and it’s a big IF) Palace have bid £15m a week before the window shuts, then I reckon the deal will get done. It could get done at 20 plus add ons or 25 plus % sell ons or whatever. But it will get done.

God knows if we’ll get any of it to reinvest in proper signings. We’re in ‘managed decline’ mode as far as I can see.

Edited by Paul Mani

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

God knows if we’ll get any of it to reinvest in proper signings. We’re in ‘managed decline’ mode as far as I can see.

You don't need to be God to know you just need to have been paying attention over the last 13 years.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Surely seeing how he can progress would be better than £75K when he is supposed to be highly rated. 

Pays a few bills for a month or two. It's all short term ism with Waggott in charge.

• Like 1