BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

But I don't get how appointing a quality 'Head Coach' of the calibre of JDT fits this model. It isn't just short term window dressing, surely? There are too many unanswered questions around this stinking mess of a club, and it is about time we got some answers 🙃

They wanted a young coach to develop players under the DoF model and he fit the bill.

Whatever ambitions he had obviously aligned with what was said when he was offered or pitched himself for the job.

'I want to build a promotion challenging team using young players and your backing' 

....'Yes yes we want that too, welcome aboard'.

They have plenty previous of false promises, ask Paul Lambert.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

They were pushing him to go last season but he dug his heels in. He wanted to stay. Waggott wants to sell.

He’s 19, has his family close and living his dream. However the money being offered for him to disappear to a far away land (aka Palace) is madness.

If Rovers do sell for £20m it’s not because Waggott or the club held out. Thank Adam for that as he would have sold for a lot less in Summer.

So why has he been given a new contract and why have we rejected a decent bid for him this window? Completely get that the club will be looking to make good money on him at some stage but their actions don’t suggest they are actively trying to sell AW. 

20 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

so it would`nt be a complete ****show if he was sold for 10 when we turned down 20😬

It is not our money, however much he is sold for, it is Venkys money. If they make 10 or 20 million the only amount that effects us, is the amount  reinvested into the squad. So to me, no it wouldn't be a shit-show. What would be, is getting 20 million and investing nothing into the squad.   

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is not our money, however much he is sold for, it is Venkys money. If they make 10 or 20 million the only amount that effects us, is the amount  reinvested into the squad. So to me, no it wouldn't be a shit-show. What would be, is getting 20 million and investing nothing into the squad.   

er,ok,whatever you say🤣🤧😷

52 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They wanted a young coach to develop players under the DoF model and he fit the bill.

Whatever ambitions he had obviously aligned with what was said when he was offered or pitched himself for the job.

'I want to build a promotion challenging team using young players and your backing' 

....'Yes yes we want that too, welcome aboard'.

They have plenty previous of false promises, ask Paul Lambert.

JDT was a Broughton appointment. We were floundering for weeks without a Manager when Waggot was leading the hiring process.

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

JDT was a Broughton appointment. We were floundering for weeks without a Manager when Waggot was leading the hiring process.

I thought the idea was that Waggott appointed Broughton to appoint a coach. That would seem to be the right way round. 

18 minutes ago, M_B said:

I thought the idea was that Waggott appointed Broughton to appoint a coach. That would seem to be the right way round. 

Waggot was trying to appoint a Manager and DoF at the same time. He was badly floundering at appointing a manager. Things only started moving when Broughton arrived.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BRFCethan said:

Thought Broughton said he had no say in the manager vacancy?

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Waggot was trying to appoint a Manager and DoF at the same time. He was badly floundering at appointing a manager. Things only started moving when Broughton arrived.

Pretty sure I remember reading that JDT wasn't even in the running until Broughton was brought in.   If that is true then JDT seems to be very much a GB appointment/choice

• Like 3

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

So why has he been given a new contract and why have we rejected a decent bid for him this window? Completely get that the club will be looking to make good money on him at some stage but their actions don’t suggest they are actively trying to sell AW. 

Since when has anything they've done made any sense?

They wanted to sell him before the end of last season, with a view to a Summer sale. He rejected it on the grounds that he loves Rovers and wants to develop here. They then gave him a longer contract. Presumably if they couldn't cash in they wanted to tie him down. Palace come in in January and suprise everyone with a mega offer, they turn it down. Presumably because the penny has dropped that he's worth more than they originally thought so they are trying to squeeze every last penny out of them. If we've learned anything from them they are stupid and make silly decisions. Time will tell whether this is one of them.

One thing that you aren't considering here is that in the corridors of power they aren't all on the same page.

1 hour ago, BRFCethan said:

Thought Broughton said he had no say in the manager vacancy?

I'm sure Broughton was credited with Tomasson's appointment, not that I'm bothered either way. 

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Pretty sure I remember reading that JDT wasn't even in the running until Broughton was brought in.   If that is true then JDT seems to be very much a GB appointment/choice

That's how I remember it,Waggot appointed the man, who then appointed the man. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

21 minutes ago, M_B said:

That's how I remember it,Waggot appointed the man, who then appointed the man. 

This is the start of the statement (my emboldening) announcing JDT joining (6 days after GB did)…

After an exhaustive selection process over recent weeks, which included first and second stage interviews with the shortlisted candidates, Jon became the club’s preferred choice and arrives at Rovers having led Swedish side Malmo FF to back-to-back league titles.’

Are we to assume JDT was a shortlisted candidate and therefore identified prior to GB’s arrival or

GB joined and immediately through the shortlist in the bin?

My money is on the latter.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

This is the start of the statement (my emboldening) announcing JDT joining (6 days after GB did)…

After an exhaustive selection process over recent weeks, which included first and second stage interviews with the shortlisted candidates, Jon became the club’s preferred choice and arrives at Rovers having led Swedish side Malmo FF to back-to-back league titles.’

Are we to assume JDT was a shortlisted candidate and therefore identified prior to GB’s arrival or

GB joined and immediately through the shortlist in the bin?

My money is on the latter.

You would hope so, that would be the right way round. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Alex Pritchard Sunderland wants to leave immediately...I would say go get him...hes out of contract in the summer. Quality midfelder.

Why do we need another midfielder ? Concentrate on positions were we need players

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Why do we need another midfielder ? Concentrate on positions were we need players

Because I think he's a sort of player we need ..tough and pacy player. 

Edited by neophox