BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

According to TV 2's information, Blackburn Rovers is the club that has thrown itself into a late coup attempt by David Brekalo (25) with a few hours left until the deadline. @kflygind was first to break the news of the Championship bid. Now Viking has far better cards in hand in the negotiations.

IMG_5836.png

We tried for him last window, not sure why interest died off though.

• Like 1

Just now, Ossydave said:

We tried for him last window, not sure why interest died off though.

Since he seems to be valued at 2.5 million, I think I know precisely why interest died off last window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B16Rover said:

What happened to the lad at palace who was at Bradford, did he go back out on loan?

Scott Banks, who was on loan there last season? Currently on loan to St Pauli in the German second tier.

• Like 1

translation: Blackburn has made an offer to Viking for David Brekalo. A loan with an option to purchase of between NOK 30 and 40 million. The clubs may have to reach an agreement on a permanent transfer for there to be an agreement. Orlando's bid is still on the table.

Edited by nbdrovers

2 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

Google Translate says...

Blackburn has made an offer to Viking for David Brekalo. A loan with an option to purchase of between NOK 30 and 40 million. The clubs may have to reach an agreement on a permanent transfer for there to be an agreement. Orlando's bid is still on the table.

Edited by bluebruce
Beat me to it!
  • Like 1

looks like we're exploring some loan to buys at the end of this window, which suggests that money will be available in the summer if they're willing to commit to spending ~2.5 - 3 million of it now.. interesting 🤔

Edited by nbdrovers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

looks like we're exploring some loan to buys at the end of this window, which suggests that money will be available in the summer if they're willing to commit to spending this much of it now.

Aye £22mill into running the club with venkys sending over 2/3mill on spends in summer.

Dont think Brekalo happens when Orlando have a fee there ready to go. We’re going to get nowhere this late on in the window trying loan to buys.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

32 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Sign of the times. The type of players rovers are in the market for these days are young untested kids who might (and mostly) turn out to be shit. Veterans or crocks. If they’re in their prime and sound decent I’d be checking their criminal history because there’ll be something wrong with them even if its not immediately obvious 

Szmodics? Hyam? Tronstad?

3 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

looks like we're exploring some loan to buys at the end of this window, which suggests that money will be available in the summer if they're willing to commit to spending this much of it now.

Seems like a good way of doing it to me.

Try before you buy, if they’re shite send them back - however if they’re good, they’re bedded in and ready for a promotion push next season 👌🏻

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Scholarship at 16

Pro contract at 17 (but only allowed to sign for a max of 3 years)

Long term contract when he turns 18

Would be wise to do so. You can see the steps to advance your career. Go to <put in big club> and it’s most likely a road block to advancing your career. 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I can’t see how anyone can be looking at our squad without Adam and saying we don’t need a centre midfielder. I think it might even be more important than a striker at this point. 

Hopefully we can get that Sweden CM then!

Does Travis have a recall option?

47 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Experienced defender to come sure things up and has a good understanding with Hyam, it’s a really sensible signing, what’s going on 

It'll be poor if Scott Wharton is dropped for a 37 Yr old. Hopefully he's just back up until Carter is available again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I can’t see how anyone can be looking at our squad without Adam and saying we don’t need a centre midfielder. I think it might even be more important than a striker at this point. 

Tronstad, JRC, Garrett, ayari and Buckley to return? For the 2 deeper roles?