BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Whilst you would think they should, they will be on decent contracts so its not as simple as that. They arent Rovers fans, and not choosing to becone unemployed with uncertain futures doesnt mean they have a guilty conscience.

Broughton, if he's totally blameless, would have a very good case for walking out and claiming constructive dismissal. All of this is making him look even more of a mug than his signings.

JDT maybe less so as he is only a "Coach" but maybe even him if he could prove he had been made promises which hadn't been kept.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Unfortunately - and understandably - you’re making the mistake of thinking about this logically.

We’re talking about the whims of three fickle, petulant, competitive trust fund kids playing at running a multinational business. They’re billionaires currently on the hook for a £5m house purchase that wasn’t properly accounted for. Billionaires don’t get in trouble over £5m, morons do.

It's like the club is being ran by someone's drunk Nan.

And from what I've heard about Balaji Rao from people that have met him, it's not too far from the truth.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, J*B said:

Who is telling these people these things??

IMG_5357.jpeg

Venky's apologist alert. They pay the gas and water bills (sometimes) so let's doff our flat caps to 'em.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

IMG_5357.jpeg

They’re not going bankrupt. Even if they did it would be reorganized debt. The fact we could fork out £2.3 million and wages for a lad who’s currently in less than £1,000/wk after selling a local for £22,000,000 is all that’s needed to know. They don’t care about the club. They likely are doing this for fun due to the reaction when they took over. Much more likely it’s rich being petty than their inability

• Like 2

Maybe Venkys are trying to make sure that the Wharton transfer gets done as late as possible  so that they can trick some stupid happy clappers that they tried to strengthen the team but unfortunately there wasn't enough time. The money will of course not be available in the summer.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, booth said:

And from what I've heard about Balaji Rao from people that have met him, it's not too far from the truth.

I would take someone’s drunk Nan over this. We’d have something to market to people, at least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, booth said:

I'm told his son (who takes a keen interest) comes across as very sensible should their ownership get that far.

He'd be taking over a team from the 8th or 9th tier at this rate.

2 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Maybe Venkys are trying to make sure that the Wharton transfer gets done as late as possible  so that they can trick some stupid happy clappers that they tried to strengthen the team but unfortunately there wasn't enough time. The money will of course not be available in the summer.

I think they’re trying to prove just how wretched they can be. The club means nothing to them, it’s certainly not an accolade. It feels as though this must be on purpose 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I think they’re trying to prove just how wretched they can be. The club means nothing to them, it’s certainly not an accolade. It feels as though this must be on purpose 

Definitely a plausible theory. Just showing their contempt for the Rovers fans.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I hope we complete McGuire and a couple more signings today before the deadline happens otherwise it is unacceptable considering we sold a player for 18m plus 4m. 

I preferred you when you were breathing fire and brimstone!

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Imagine selling players for £24.5 million, cutting the wage bill by 60%? And then saying due to financial reasons you can bring in a 22 year old that made $65,000 last year for £2.3 million 

We can’t bring him in, that’s what makes it even worse!

• Like 1

If tomorrow goes the way we all know it will go, JDT will resign on Friday I think. Got us 8th last year on a shoestring. Someone will hire him. 
GB might have less options, but I believe he has high intergrity so wouldn’t blame him if he quits either.

Clubs been a circus for 13 years.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 5

51 minutes ago, J*B said:

IMG_5357.jpeg

They are thick and missing the point. Don’t write the cheque if you can’t cash it. Literally in this case. Trust and credibility is everything.

If what we’re hearing is true, it’s an unforgivable way to run a business.

Where do Venky’s go from here. It certainly won’t be “up” in the world of football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I preferred you when you were breathing fire and brimstone!

I think this entire situation is a farce tbh. We know all December and January that Duncan McGuire was our first choice striker target and if the deal is cancelled then farcical and pathetic. 

I want us to sign players today. Preferably McGuire, winger and either right back or centre midfielder before the deadline 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LA Rover said:

Not going to the QPR game is a better way to tell them how you feel. 

2,000 fans not turning up would barely be noticed by Swag, it certainly wouldn't register in Pune. 'Oh they're just shit fans over there'. There's been more than that fucked off due to them already. But 2,000 fans singing all game about how shit Venkys are and how they want them gone would absolutely get back to them.

They'll do what they want in either case, but if you want them to know about it, non attendance isn't the way. It would take a sub-3000 league attendance I'd wager, for them to hear about it, and that simply won't happen. They really hated that snowball though and I bet they hated the chicken on the pitch too. Anything that gains enough attention to be reported back in India is best.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

Even Chaddy is far less upbeat about it than James Langy Langford...

Got to say Chaddy, it's reassuring that, although it clearly takes a helluva lot, you do have it in you to criticise the club. And seeing some of the social media shit, you're not as blind as some!

• Like 4

All along I have had a nagging recollection of having slogged through the paperwork presented to the Indian Court last time.

To sum up, we have no alternative to protect the English asset except to transfer the 11m.

Selling Adam has provided an alternative.

I am speculating but a call from their lawyers along the lines of you don't expect us to prevail in March now do you???

And blocking all ins and outs is the only sensible option and we are totally screwed until losses have consumed the Adam cash and even then only losses can be supported.

Speculation as I said.

Speculation of them making the horrible but sensible decision when nothing of their funding Rovers losses has made sense.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

2,000 fans not turning up would barely be noticed by Swag, it certainly wouldn't register in Pune. 'Oh they're just shit fans over there'. There's been more than that fucked off due to them already. But 2,000 fans singing all game about how shit Venkys are and how they want them gone would absolutely get back to them.

They'll do what they want in either case, but if you want them to know about it, non attendance isn't the way. It would take a sub-3000 league attendance I'd wager, for them to hear about it, and that simply won't happen. They really hated that snowball though and I bet they hated the chicken on the pitch too. Anything that gains enough attention to be reported back in India is best.

Attention is the key word there.

They don't want any. Let's give them lots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Attention is the key word there.

They don't want any. Let's give them lots.

Doing what they’ve done overnight is not a way to avoid attention. We’re disgraced on an international level if it’s all true. After O’Brien last year & now this, nobody will deal with the club.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

Doing what they’ve done overnight is not a way to avoid attention. We’re disgraced on an international level if it’s all true. After O’Brien last year & now this, nobody will deal with the club.

It's up to us fans to keep making noise about it.

As you say, the club is a total disgrace.

Absolutely impossible to have any pride in the venkys iteration of Blackburn Rovers.

So now the American lad deal is back on according to some reports.

Rovers relaying a blip in the Adam deal (before it was resolved and the deal completed) to keep Orlando in the loop became blown up as a total breakdown according to the same reports.

GB too busy to do MacFazdean media yesterday or today.

Back to checking social media every ten minutes today.

Or maybe not...

• Like 2