BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

10 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Never been more down on the club than this moment. Worse than relegation to league 1. Hope the next 15 hours or so can change things but at the current moment I’m left questioning why I even support the club and why I’m letting my son a follow as a supporter. Certainly not the club i fell in love with in the 90s 

Relax and breathe, we don't know for certain what has transpired and what will transpire in the next 12+ hours.

In Waggott we trust:

image.png.194b50aba1608acaa7fe1ddf6b698ffd.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rover8T4 said:

Until yesterday transfer targets and any information has been tight lipped. Just don't see how info as big as that has been leaked to the press. 

There are three sides to the deal so could be leaks from Orlando City or from McGuire's camp, who knows. Doesn't matter really.

6 hours ago, booth said:

It's like the club is being ran by someone's drunk Nan.

And from what I've heard about Balaji Rao from people that have met him, it's not too far from the truth.

AT least a drunk nan is entertaining for everyone

Think Rovers want David Brekalo deal to be completed as Gally stays...first priority defence. Even if we got McFadzean and O Riordan, Brekalo is quality and something we cant miss if we have the chance.....we'll see how it all pan out..... still no confirmation on Wharton deal....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

My understanding is that Rovers were working on several transfers yesterday including Mcguire, Brekalo, Ackerman which relied on the Wharton money.

Late last night the venkys (through suhail) suspended all incoming transfer deals. I don't know whether this is down to a delay with palace on wharton or something deeper. GB and JDT must be absolutely fuming. Sheff Wednesday wasted no time in jumping back into the race.

No idea where we go from here. Clubs in chaos.

And there you go. It doesn't matter who is employed to run football operations at the club, the owners simply run roughshod over them as and when they wish to.

How can anyone think they are doing right for the club and not want them gone?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Could be a total misunderstanding. Let's see what today brings

Where Venkeys are concerned it’s never that straight forward.

Always a frigging drama with them. Bodes well doesn’t it?

FFS! 🙄

2 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Could be a total misunderstanding. Let's see what today brings

Along these lines?

GB to Vs: if we sell Wharton with 18m up front going to 22m, can we spend 10m?

V: yes

GB: ok, so we've signed the experienced defender we wanted on a free. We've negotiated £3m on a striker and he's flying over. Also some enquiries for defenders. Still all good?

V: oh, we meant you could spend 10m on running the club generally. You don't need to pay for players, you showed that earlier. Raul and Ronaldinho aren't playing for anyone, have you tried them?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, philipl said:

So now the American lad deal is back on according to some reports.

Rovers relaying a blip in the Adam deal (before it was resolved and the deal completed) to keep Orlando in the loop became blown up as a total breakdown according to the same reports.

GB too busy to do MacFazdean media yesterday or today.

Back to checking social media every ten minutes today.

Or maybe not...

I was thinking that it would be the most Rovers thing to happen, in this scenario, for the lad to be holding up the halved shirt at some point today.

If it does collapse due to the reasons we’ve all speculated since last night (and nobody comes in at all), I genuinely do think it’ll be the beginning of the end.

We might rue the day McGuire signed after all, we don't know if he's any good yet. And I'm not sure I believe he was our top target in the summer as he had played around half a season of professional football in the MLS at that time.

Beyond Adam Wharton not leaving today, there are ZERO excuses to not have some squad improvements in by the end of day. The club has previously borrowed money from sources outwith of India and can do so in lieu of Wharton monies. 

ZERO EXCUSES!!!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, alex l said:

Perhaps not but she's not following the Rovers sites anymore. She'd have no reason to say anything at all if it was likely to still happen.

Screenshot_20240201-074443.png

Until he's officially signed elsewhere or the deadline has shut, I'm not taking that as evidence. Things change quickly. But worrying, most definitely.

I was hoping this would wake people up but some of the other supporters groups are somehow still defending the owners even if this is true. 

I just don't understand how you can look at all this and think "thank you Venkys for all you do for us". 

Hoping that something comes up today because if not I don't know how I can support a club that can repeatedly play with people like this.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, martonrover said:

And there you go. It doesn't matter who is employed to run football operations at the club, the owners simply run roughshod over them as and when they wish to.

How can anyone think they are doing right for the club and not want them gone?

Your point about the owners' behaviour is spot on - and is why so much of the criticism aimed at those working at Ewood Park is unfair.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We might rue the day McGuire signed after all, we don't know if he's any good yet. And I'm not sure I believe he was our top target in the summer as he had played around half a season of professional football in the MLS at that time.

This is such a strange take on the situation, I can’t really understand why you’ve bothered typing it out.

The fact is, we’d negotiated a deal, presumably fee, wages and all that goes with it and organised travel for McGuire and his representatives, only for our meddlesome owners to seemingly take it upon themselves to veto all transfers in to the club at the 11th hour. Whether McGuire is any good or not is completely irrelevant at this stage. 

The only reason it would be relevant is if we’ve decided to sign another (seemingly better) option.  At this stage it sounds highly unlikely. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

This is such a strange take on the situation, I can’t really understand why you’ve bothered typing it out.

The fact is, we’d negotiated a deal, presumably fee, wages and all that goes with it and organised travel for McGuire and his representatives, only for our meddlesome owners to seemingly take it upon themselves to veto all transfers in to the club at the 11th hour. Whether McGuire is any good or not is completely irrelevant at this stage. 

The only reason it would be relevant is if we’ve decided to sign another (seemingly better) option.  At this stage it sounds highly unlikely. 

Agreed, what people are forgetting is that we had this last year. Its not the first occasion and won't be the last under this ownership...Its barbaric! 

6 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Until he's officially signed elsewhere or the deadline has shut, I'm not taking that as evidence. Things change quickly. But worrying, most definitely.

Even when combined with football media reporters stating we've pulled the deal? On that logic, you can't have believed we were in for a deal based on the same reporters and the relative having followed half a dozen Rovers accounts?

4 minutes ago, alex l said:

Even when combined with football media reporters stating we've pulled the deal? On that logic, you can't have believed we were in for a deal based on the same reporters and the relative having followed half a dozen Rovers accounts?

I admit it's not looking good but I don't like to come to a conclusion before we I see more facts.