BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 minute ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Let's hope this McGuire can get a goal straight away and go on a run. We keep getting strikers who don't score haha. 

It was pre-season for him in the States, so he'll need to get fit first. Season starts for them at the end of the month (21st?)

There'll be no profit in Ennis he wasn't here for free and will have been paid up to go so great business it isn't don't be fooled.

However as damage limitation goes then fair enough at least hes gone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

I'd say Tronstad is the 6, Wharton more an 8 which I'd expect JRC to take when Brittain is back. 

Ennis sale confirmed by the club. Only positive with that signing was getting a fee for him. 

Well, there was only one of them that ever took the ball off the defenders and got us moving.  Dress it up any way we like, we’ve seriously weakened the midfield in this window.  The recruits are depressingly uninspiring with 80% of them going back to their clubs in May.  JDT must look at this shitshow and wonder what on earth he signed up for.  It’s just another death by a thousand cuts degradation of the squad that will ultimately leave us in the same mess as the Coyle debacle. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There'll be no profit in Ennis he wasn't here for free and will have been paid up to go so great business it isn't don't be fooled.

However as damage limitation goes then fair enough at least hes gone.

Given he has only signed a 2 and a half year deal at Stoke I'd suspect that we probably paid him or are paying him a years salary.

• Like 2

From the BBC

Said Benrahma's loan move from West Ham to Lyon has collapsed.

They say everything had been agreed but West Ham forgot to enter information in Fifa's transfer software.

Does Broughton work for West Ham too?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

From the BBC

Said Benrahma's loan move from West Ham to Lyon has collapsed.

They say everything had been agreed but West Ham forgot to enter information in Fifa's transfer software.

Does Broughton work for West Ham too?

Would explain our crap widow if he was working there too 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ageoftherover said:

Just on Travis, if I had money I'd be putting on him being out to loan for being a destabilising influence on the squad.

Not defending it, but I dont think it was morivated much by on field considerations.

This is what I was told.A real power struggle.He is a popular lad with the players and was very vocal in his displeasure. JDT had to move him out of way or risk losing the dressing room. Some believed he already had amongst some of the older lads. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Happy to get Duncan in but if anyone thinks he’s the “proven goal scorer” JDT has been asking for they should get their head examined. 

He's only 22 so there's room to develop him.

For his next club.

• Like 3

My only hope with McGuire is that he wants to learn. JDT wasn’t a bad striker and could improve him as long as his attitude is right and he’s keen to learn. It will be a step up for him but at least it’s not stepping up from youth football.