BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

2 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

So the promise that any money generated from sales would be reinvested into arrivals has proved to be false.

I was naive enough to believe this,  but no more. This is worse than under Kean and I never thought I would say that.

I won't be there on Saturday and doubt I'll be back again this deason

When was the last time they said that?

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

There's a few variants of the name McGuire........McGwire, McGwyre, McQuire, for instance, and, most commonly, Maguire

It wouldn't be surprising if they misspelt it on the form but it would be typical of the low calibre people at Ewood 

image.thumb.png.dfb7a1dc269487239b9ec1538b27f82a.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The Ennis fee would have covered the Mcguire loan fee though which I suspect was why the Mcguire deal was resurrected in that fashion.

Its nice of the LT to come sheepishly to the party albeit a couple of weeks late. Remember Jackson originally described people commenting on this as being "sensationalist".  Perhaps on balance his paymasters decided it would have made them look very foolish if for instance Rovers had gone into administration and they hadn't even acknowledged any goings on as previously was the case. Good to see that they are finally on board though as it will increase the pressure on the Club and they might not be quite as inclined in future  to simply put out the usual offerings of PR fluff from the Club to pacify/mislead the fans.

Nothing new in the LT article that we couldn't reasonably deduce from the fact that the original Mcguire deal was pulled mid flight and replaced by a proposed loan deal. And we knew previously the Court hearing had been postponed so financial issues were likely.

It STILL doesn't explain though how we managed to fuck up the loan deal (like 12 months ago) after it was authorised.

Reverting back to your first paragraph the most sensible move of the window would indeed have been to offload Gallagher and bring in Mcguire permanently at zero net cost. We don't often do sensible though.

The sensible choice would have been for the owners to allow reinvestment of the Wharton money into a striker and not to block it. Not to have to then sell more players.

Its a symptom of years of budget cuts and lack of investment that Gallagher is now absolutely vital to our team and we badly need him. He may not be anything special but with 2 goals in 2 games and with him being far and away our best striker, we badly need him and are overly reliant on him now with no alternatives up top of note amidst this latest fuck up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

EFL say papers weren't sent on time....Greggy gone yet?

Like, after the last one you'd be literally taking the papers there yourself in the car.  

I assume it didn't go in because of further blocking/delaying by Venkys, that seems more likely than another paperwork error. I am looking forward to hearing what Gregg says in his post window interview...

• Like 1

Incredible. Ultimately its deckchairs on the titanic because you could change every member of staff and the problem is still the owners. But competent owners would go on a sacking spree with immediate effect. Broughton, Maggott, Silvester, Sasha, all of them.

• Like 4

Just now, TommyRovers said:

Ooopsies

image.png.7ff36f5d91ad1a465069268291ed0e01.png

Surprised you're still on here after faithfully assuring everyone Saturday lunchtime  there'd been a hitch but that he would still be registered as a Blackburn Rovers player.

Why do you pretend to be ITK? You just make yourself look silly.

• Like 4

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Surprised you're still on here after faithfully assuring everyone Saturday lunchtime  there'd been a hitch but that he would still be registered as a Blackburn Rovers player.

Why do you pretend to be ITK? You just make yourself look silly.

That was the narrative at the club. 

5 hours ago, KentExile said:

For the sanity of the fans, I agree.  However, both clubs would have been well aware the second it happened so it would not have impacted Rovers in the slightest (Rovers just had no intention of spending the money based on the directive from above)

Agreed - however…

Fans might have a different perspective on the efforts of Rovers to get any connected deals done if they knew exactly when that domino had fallen.

Less of an issue with clubs who communicate well with their fans…

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The poor player is back in the US isn't he?

No idea but it's appalling. The club needs to make a public apology to him, his representatives and to the fans. And they need to explain what has happened, particularly in view of last year. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I assume it didn't go in because of further blocking/delaying by Venkys, that seems more likely than another paperwork error. I am looking forward to hearing what Gregg says in his post window interview...

I keep reading this "looking forward to what Gregg says"

He isn't going to be able to be totally honest,if it's the owners fault etc we aint going to hear that from him.

He also won't sit there explaining that they were told they couldn't make permanent signings at a late stage.